Azathioprine: instructions for use, analogues, price, reviews, photos
In the list of vital and essential medicines intended for medical use and approved by the Decision of the Government of the Russian Federation, in paragraph 8.L."Antineoplastic drugs and immunomodulators" is a drug called "Azathioprine."Since 1962, it has been used to prevent the rejection of the body by transplantable kidneys.This drug also has a lot of other indications, including in the field of dermatology.
Features of the drug
Azathioprine belongs to the class of immunosuppressants or immunosuppressors.Their action is aimed at artificial suppression of human immunity.This is a prerequisite for preventing transplant rejection and the treatment of certain diseases.Unfortunately, this action of the drug can cause unwanted side reactions.
Photo of azathioprine
Form release Azathioprine - tablets of 0.05 g.
- Packed in flexible cell packs of 10 pieces.
- For sale tablets in cardboard packs.In each pack - 50 tablets, that is 5 blisters for 10 pieces.
Composition of Azathiop
- Each tablet contains 50 mg of Azathioprine, an active ingredient.
- Potato starch, milk sugar, gelatin, calcium stearate are used as auxiliary components.
The average cost of Azathioprine in the country's pharmacies is 250 rubles per package( 50 tablets).
Immunodepressant, being an analogue of the nitrogenous bases of DNA and RNA, suppresses the growth of tissues and disrupts the biosynthesis of nucleotides.
drug directed to:
- intracellular pathogens
- death suppressing tissue incompatibility
- delayed hypersensitivity reaction
To some extent the drug affects the synthesis of antibodies.
The drug is completely absorbed from the digestive tract in a short time.The highest level of concentration of active substance in the blood is detected after one and a half to two hours.
The drug penetrates the placenta and is excreted in breast milk. Most of the substance is excreted from the body with the help of bile and only 1-2% through the kidneys.
Azathioprine prescribed for the treatment:
- rheumatoid arthritis
- red systemic lupus
- ulcerative colitis
- pemphigus vulgar
- periarteritis nodosa
- Glomerulonephritis autoimmune
- chronic hepatitis in the active phase
- purpura idiopathic thrombocytopenic
The medication is prescribed for oral administration at individually calculated doses in accordance with the severity of the course of the disease.
- To reduce the probability of rejection of the graft, the drug is prescribed in a shock dose when combined with other medicines: 5 mg of Azathioprine per 1 kg of weight for two to three doses per day for at least one to two months.For maintenance therapy, the dose of the drug is reduced.Calculate its daily norm individually in the range from 1 to 4 mg per 1 kg of weight.Supportive therapy is carried out for several years.In a situation where there is a risk of rejection of transplanted organs, the dose is increased again to a shock dose.
- For different diseases, the dose of the drug can vary greatly from 1.5 mg to 250 mg per kg of body weight in 2 to 4 doses.The treatment period is determined individually.
- For the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, a daily dose of 1 to 2.5 mg / kg is prescribed and divided into 1 to 2 doses.The duration of active therapy is at least three months.With maintenance therapy appoint 0.5 mg / kg per reception per day.
- For the treatment of chronic hepatitis in the active phase, the dose per day is calculated in the range of 1-1.5 mg / kg.
For children and newborns
Purpose Azathioprine is not recommended for children.
In pregnancy and lactation
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers are contraindicated.
- During the treatment with Azathioprine, women of reproductive age should take care of reliable methods of contraception.
have drug has some serious contraindications:
- hypersensitivity to substances
- drug liver failure
- violation of the process of hematopoiesis
also have attendantThe conditions under which the drug should be used with caution in the calculation that the benefits of taking it will be significantly higher than possible timesa.These include:
- cytotoxic and radiation therapy
- lack of xanthine oxidase
When receiving azathioprine, especially long-term, you may experience the following adverse effects:
|Body systems||Adverse reactions|
|Cardiovascular system and hematopoiesis system||Violation of the procedureca blood: the occurrence of anomalously high red blood cells, reducing the number of leukocytes, increased bleeding due to reduced platelet levels, decreased levels of hemoglobin.Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, lack of appetite, abdominal pain, abnormal liver and bile flow, the appearance of ulcers and erosions in the mouth and lips.|
|.In patients who undergone organ transplantation, pancreatitis, toxic hepatitis, gastric ulcer, necrosis of intestinal tissues, duodenal ulcer, intestinal bleeding can develop.|
|Allergic reactions||Rash on the skin, drug fever.|
|Other possible reactions||Articular and muscular pain, inflammation of the vascular membranes of the eyeballs, complication of the main infectious disease, hair loss.Less often - a decrease in the level of erythrocytes in the blood, pulmonary diseases, renal failure, meningeal reactions.With prolonged admission, there may be chromosomal changes, malignant formations.|
- Prolonged treatment with Azathioprine is due to the fact that the clinical effect can only occur after a few weeks of taking the drug.
- When taking Azathioprine for the first two months, it is necessary to monitor the blood condition, making a weekly intake for clinical analysis.In the future, it can be carried out once a month.
- Azathioprine therapy does not allow unauthorized drug cancellation due to a high risk of exacerbation of the underlying disease.
- When treating this drug, you must refrain from prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Even in cases where treatment was conducted for several years, with the withdrawal of Azathioprine, there may be a risk of rejection of the transplanted organ.
Interaction with other drugs
- With simultaneous therapy with azathioprine and allopuril, its concentration in the blood increases with the possibility of toxic effects.
- Simultaneous reception with Rivampicin may cause rejection of the graft.
- The myelotoxic effect of Azathioprine is enhanced by reaction with Co-trimoxazole.
- Joint use of azathioprine and ACE inhibitors provokes various side effects.
- When interacting with other immunosuppressants, there is a risk of developing tumors and infections.
There are no unambiguous reviews about the use of Azathioprine, since the drug has a lot of contraindications and many side effects.Someone this medicine helps to heal and live a full life, someone consequences of therapy do not come soon and cause unwanted reactions. Doctors strongly recommend not to use this drug without the appointment of a specialist and a thorough examination.
have azathioprine there are several drugs with similar effects:
This video will tell you about whether Azatioprine really disappeared from pharmacies, and where to look for it: