Trimistin: instructions for use, price, reviews, analogs, composition
Trimystin is a new generation of medicines used in medical practice with various skin inflammatory pathologies.It has a fungicidal and antibacterial effect.It is one of the most effective of its kind, because it allows you to quickly cope with unfavorable symptoms and return a healthy appearance to the skin.
Features of the drug
The medicine Trimistin( Latin Trimistin) is designed to treat a wide variety of diseases.As a rule, the drug does not have a systemic effect, however, with prolonged use of funds under the bandage, such phenomena are possible.It is mandatory in such cases to control the function of the adrenal system.
The drug is used with caution and in accordance with the recommendations.Skin care is always carried out with due care to avoid further relapse of the disease.
Produced in the form of an ointment with a gel-like appearance and almost imperceptible aroma.On sale are tubes of 20, 14, 10 grams.
Composition of Tristine
The main components of the ointment ar
- propylene glycol;
- stearyl alcohol;
- cetyl alcohol;
The cost of Trimystin ranges from 120 to 250 rubles.
Anti-inflammatory, antiallergic, antiexudative. Thanks to the second component( miramistin), the ointment also has a bactericidal, antiseptic effect.
Once the gel has penetrated the skin, it begins to show activity against bacteria or fungi that caused inflammation.The further infection of wounds stops, the inflammation is removed.All these actions create a favorable picture for regeneration.
- Triamcinolone belongs to the category of fluorinated glucocorticosteroids.This component also helps to relieve inflammation and allergic reaction, prevents the formation of exudative rashes.
- Miramistin, in its turn, has fungicidal activity, accelerates healing, destroying pathological microorganisms.
Even a small amount of the drug does not enter the bloodstream, which is due to the fact that the gel contains polymers that keep the main components from penetrating into the blood and systemic effects.The ingestion into the blood is possible only if the skin lesions are extensive and the gel is applied to most of the body.In the liver, the components are metabolized, and the excretory is occupied by the gallbladder.
Triamcinolone acts on protein receptors, which prevents the release of substances that provoke inflammation.During the use of the medication, the permeability of the vessel wall decreases, which leads to a decrease in the severity of all symptoms.
The preparation should be used solely for the intended purpose, and it is selected usually for various skin diseases, including those that are complicated by fungal or bacterial infection.To the list of indications include such diseases as:
- progressive or exudative psoriasis;
- contact and seborrheic dermatitis;
- is a red discoid lupus erythematosus;
- atopic dermatitis;
- is a dermatitis of Dühring.
Instruction for use
The drug is used exclusively externally.The ointment is applied to the skin or by gentle movements rubbing it to accelerate absorption.Do not allow contact with the mucosa, so immediately after the procedure, the hands should be washed.
In the presence of exudate, pre-treatment of the affected surface is required before lubricating it with ointment.Treatment is carried out either chlorhexidine, or hydrogen peroxide, or boric acid.If there are purulent wounds, then Trimistin is applied only after they have been cleansed with an antiseptic, otherwise it will lose some of its effectiveness.
Ointment should be applied up to 2 times a day in a thin layer, and you can use no more than 15 grams.If a bandage is applied after application, the amount of ointment is reduced to 10 grams.The duration of therapy is different in each case, but usually it does not exceed 14 days.Even more short-term should be the use of the drug in the area of inguinal folds.
In older people, therapy is controlled by a doctor, and the dosage of the drug is selected individually because of the age-specific features of the skin.
For children, newborns
For this category of patients, the drug is prescribed in exceptional cases, as it is classified as hormonal.The dose and period of treatment will be selected individually, moreover, the child himself must be under medical supervision.In general, the use of gel is undesirable for babies up to a year.
In pregnancy and lactation
The decision to prescribe Trimystin during the gestation period is taken by the doctor, since his effect on the mother's body has not been fully studied.When lactation is used, they are prohibited because the components can be passed on to the baby.
It is completely forbidden to use gel in the following cases:
- presence of varicose veins;
- susceptibility to the components of the agent;
- adverse skin reaction after vaccine;
- is a dermatitis of perioral form;
- skin oncology;
- with syphilis if it has been complicated by adverse skin conditions;
- herpes virus.
Prolonged application can lead to the appearance of stretch marks.Especially prone to their appearance areas of skin in the groin, in the armpit, so ointment should be used for a short period of time.
Side effects of
Among the side effects, burning and itching are especially frequent, but there are other phenomena:
- appearance of irritation;
- dry skin.
Possible occurrence of systemic reactions.If any unfavorable symptoms develop, the dose of the gel should be gradually lowered.Immediately stop using it is not recommended.
- It is forbidden to freeze the ointment due to loss of its effectiveness.The optimum temperature for its storage is 20-25 degrees.
- You should not use Trimystin in the eye area, and avoid it on the eyeball and mucous membranes.If this happens, it is necessary not only to wash them, but also to consult an ophthalmologist.
Interaction with other medications
The therapeutic effect of the main components is enhanced if used in conjunction with other drugs classified as antihistamines and antimicrobials.Medications that have an anionic surfactant in the composition can reduce Trimystin's activity.
Most of the people who use the medicine say that the remedy, despite the peculiarities of its use, is effective.Thanks to the composition it is possible not only to avoid inflammation, but also to remove other negative symptoms.
As a rule, negative feedback is left by people who used Trimystin on their own, without prescribing a doctor, which led to the development of side effects.The need for compliance with medical recommendations is the main rule for the use of hormonal drugs, which includes this drug.No complications when following the instructions are usually not observed.
The following names can be assigned to preparations with the same composition:
- Flumethasone.Has a strong anti-allergic effect, removes inflammation.Lotion, cream and ointment are designed to treat children with diaper rash, and are also suitable for treating various types of psoriasis, neurodermatitis, eczema, dermatitis.Very effective, but they can not be used for long.Also, the drug has an impressive list of contraindications.
- Polcortolone has triamcinolone in its composition, as well as the previous agent.Caution it is used in the treatment of other drugs, so before appointment requires medical advice.
The cost of drugs is different, and sometimes significantly, but the price can not be a full-fledged criterion of effectiveness.