Vulgar impetigo: symptoms, treatment, prognosis, complications, diagnosis
Disease vulgar impetigo( impetigo vulgaris) occurs when violations of hygiene, they get sick at any age, but more often children.Sometimes a mixed impetigo arises, as a complication of eczema, scabies.The disease is highly infectious, in children's groups spreads like an epidemic.Today we will tell you about what it is and how to treat vulgar impetigo, consider photos and videos of the treatment of ailment.
Features of the ailment
Vulgar or mixed strepostafilokokkovogo impetigo( has the features of both streptococcal and staphylococcal) arises from the infection of bacteria by two groups:
Most often, the disease develops on the background of skin diseases, weakening of immunity in general, as well as breaking the barrier properties of the skin.The disease is more typical for children, women, manifests more often at a young age, is noted in individuals with thin, sensitive skin.
According to the nature of the leak, vulgar impetigo is distinguis
- acute form;
- of chronic form.
In this case:
- For acute form of streptophilus infection is characterized by a superficial lesion of the skin, a small area of spread of the lesion.
- The chronic form of vulgar impetigo is characterized by a prevalence, severe itching, a lesion of deeper skin layers, manifested by streptophiloderma.
Reasons for the occurrence of
Factors contributing to the development of vulgar impetigo are:
- softening of the stratum corneum( maceration) under the influence of water, saliva;
All listed skin diseases are very itchy, for which they are referred to as itchy dermatitis.Combing the skin with itching dermatitis, the patient creates conditions for infection with staphylococci, streptococci.
High Risk Factors
- Damage to the integrity of the skin;
- contact with harmful chemicals in professional activities;
- metabolic disorders, diabetes.
About the symptoms that purulent mixed impetigo has, read below.
- Eruptions are usually seen on the face, more often around the mouth, nose, eyes.These places are most often traumatized.So, the skin around the nose is macerated in the rhinitis, damaged by a handkerchief, the mucous membrane of the eyes is traumatized by grains of soil, dust falling with the wind.
- Rarely the appearance of rashes with mixed impetigo is noted on the legs, hands, trunk.
Since the first days of the disease, the symptoms of streptococcal infection are clearly manifested:
- with reddening of the skin;
- with swelling;
- by the appearance of a cryptic bubble filled with turbid serous contents.
The serous contents of the flicken quickly cloud, the vial is filled with pus.Around the pustule there is a ring of hyperemic inflamed skin.A few hours later, the pus breaks through the thin cover of the pustule, releasing a huge number of bacteria that spread further, infecting new areas.
After the opening of the abscess, the place where it was located, bleeds, dries, poorly dries, forming a dense crust of yellow-brown color on the surface.Cork, dropping off, leave a flaky skin area.From the formation of flickenes with vulgar impetigo to its self-opening and the falling off of crust on average 7 days.
With vulgar impetigo, ficti are filled with pus, pustules are formed not only under the stratum corneum, but also in the hair follicles.The eruptions are of a multiple nature, new abscesses of pustules are marked on the periphery of lesions.Infection captures large areas of the skin, with palpation of regional lymph nodes noted their soreness, a slight increase in size.
In addition to external changes in the skin, there is a deterioration in the general condition of the patient:
- lymph nodes increase;
- appears weakness, rapid fatigue;
- because of the constant itching the sleep is getting worse, irritability arises.
Changes in general health are confirmed by changes in the analyzes.For the diagnosis of streptococcal impetigo read below.
With vulgar impetigo, the number of leukocytes in the blood( leukocytosis) increases, the ESR increases( sedimentation rate of leukocytes). The characteristic difference between vulgar impetigo is the prevalence of lesions, the tendency to merge pustules, and screenings along the periphery of the lesion.
The diagnosis of an ordinary impetigo is handled by a dermatologist.This doctor prescribes for bacteriological examination:
- does a general, biochemical blood test;
- examines the skin with a dermatoscopic examination;
- determines the acidity of the skin surface.
Treatment of vulgar impetigo
Therapy of vulgar impetigo is carried out necessarily under the control of a dermatologist using external, and in complex cases, systemic treatment.Surgical methods are not used, they necessarily carry out vitamin therapy, they recommend a diet.
The primary methods of treating vulgar impetigo are the use of antibacterial ointments:
Ointments, except for sintomycin, are applied 2 times a day.Antibiotics contained in ointments are distinguished by a wide spectrum of action, high efficiency against the causative agents of vulgar impetigo.
Cork is removed and treated with ointments:
- white mercury;
These antibacterial ointments are applied twice a day, covered with a sterile bandage.Pre-treated with antiseptic.
To improve the general condition of common forms of vulgar impetigo, antibiotics are prescribed in tablets or injections, the following are the choices:
For the treatment of vulgar impetigo, immunization-enhancing fees are useful.These tools include:
- infusions of hips, mixed with hawthorn, rhodiola rosea, zamaniha, St. John's wort, nettle, taken in the ratio 2: 1.5: 2: 2: 1: 1.5;Hypericum, chamomile, horsetail, calendula, elecampane, psyllium, taken as 4: 2: 2: 2: 3: 3: 3.
The first infusion is kept for 35 minutes after brewing, take 1/2 cup 3Times a day.The second infusion should be insisted 45 minutes, take, as in the first case, 3 times a day for half a glass.
Further consideration is the prevention of impetigo.
Infection occurs most often in a contact way, the danger is not only direct contact with the affected skin surface of the patient, but also personal things, bed linen, towels.
The best prevention of infectious skin diseases is compliance with personal hygiene. To prevent further spread of infection, finger tips should be lubricated with iodine or rubbed with alcohol.
Vulgar impetigo is successfully treated, but in neglected cases penetration of staphylococcal and streptococcal infection into the bloodstream, lymphatic system leads to complications.The most dangerous of them - heart disease( myocarditis), lymphangitis, kidney disease.
The prognosis of vulgar impetigo is favorable. The disease is treated with antibiotics, it is rarely complicated with timely treatment.
About vulgar sycosis as a type of pyoderma will tell E. Malysheva in this video: