Pseudosarctosis( pseudotochia): the causes of the onset, treatment, signs, symptoms
Pseudocutaneous( or false scabies) in medicine is defined by the term pseudoraportosis.This is a skin parasitic dermatosis, the development of which is provoked by small mites of the genus Sarcoptes scabiei of S. s species.Canis, S. s.Suis, S. s.Bubulus, S. s.Equi, S. s.Dromedarii and others, actively inhabiting the skin of animals( rats, dogs, rabbits, pigs, cats, horses, goats and sheep, cows, buffaloes, camels) and birds( chickens, turkeys, pigeons).Today, we'll talk about the causes of such a "pseudo" scabies in humans, its signs, symptoms and folk treatment of pseudoraportosis.
Features of the disease
Features inherent in the clinical development of pathology.
- No hidden period of incubation.
- Pseudo-sarcoptic pathogens can be caused only by mite larvae, not females, as with other forms of scabies.
- The larvae of the itching do not gnaw through the striations under the stratum corneum, as in other types of scabies, but only bite, leaving a microscopic lacerated wound.
- There is intense itching
- Defeat mainly affects not the joints and keratinized areas, but open spaces that come in contact with the skin and hair of animals.
- Pseudococcus is not transmitted through the larvae from an infected person to a healthy person.Pseudosarctopy develops only when the mite larvae are transmitted from the animal.This happens when taking care of domestic pets, cattle, while hunting for moose, wolves, deer, foxes and hares.But most often people( especially children) get infected from dogs.
- Self-healing is possible when eliminating the cause of the disease - a tick.
Psevdosarkoptoz( psevdochesotka) in humans( photo)
Since step incubation at psevdochesotke practically absent, the initial display in the form of itching was observed immediately after the bite or gap of 5 - 10 minutesUp to 2 - 5 hours, very rarely - 2 days.This depends on the degree of reaction of the body to the pain stimulus and allergen( saliva of the larvae).
The zodiac larva that has fallen on the skin of the person bites off a piece of skin, causing inflammation and redness in response to the subsequent formation of the papule.For the reasons for the infection( appearance) of such a scabies-pseudo sarcopthosis, we will tell below.
The stages and symptoms of various types of scabies including pseudoraportosis will tell this video:
The main causative factor can be called unprotected skin during constant contact with skin and wool infected with animal mitesWhen cleaning, feeding, dressage and lack of hygiene after contact with them. The source of infection is only a domestic or wild animal on which itching parasitizes, reproducing, eating itch moves under the skin and causing strong foci of inflammation in the form of redness and rash.
If false scabies larvae penetrate into the hair follicles on the open hands of a man under the feet and horny scales, where they are partial metamorphosis.Maturity of the larvae does not reach, can not stay on the skin for a long time and therefore quickly die.Gnaw passages breed as females, they also can not, but bite off pieces of human skin.Ragged rounded wounds are extremely painful, long heal and cause severe irritation in the form of itching and inflammation around the bite.
Next, the symptoms that have itchy scabies will be considered.
There are no heparinous pseudoraptotic pathways.The main symptoms of false scabies are:
- Strong itching, beginning not in the evening, as it happens with the usual scabies, but immediately after the bite of a person with a tick larva.
- Rapid manifestation of papules( vesicles), vesicles( nodules), large hyperemic blisters, crusts with a bloody surface in the places of scratching at the site of bites.The size of individual rashes is usually greater than with typical scabies.
- All cutaneous manifestations are concentrated, as a rule, in areas involving the hair or skin of animals( or feathers of birds).
- Significant manifestation of inflammation at the site of the bite, which is the body's immune response to the secretions of the glands of tick mites, their saliva( allergens) and to painful damage.
If the crusts in the places of scratching are covered with purulent contents, it means that microbes have penetrated into the places of damage.
The severity of clinical symptoms in pseudosarcoptosis does not depend on the kind of itchy pruritus that has migrated from the animal to humans.An exact definition of the type of parasite is required in order not to confuse pseudotum with other skin pathologies and to determine the pathogen if a person communicates with several species of domestic animals.
Diagnosis is based on:
- external manifestations, complaints of severe itching;
- pseudochorrhoea outbreak in a specific locality( epidemiological criterion);
- results of an examination of potentially infected individuals with similar symptoms in the outbreak;
- manifestation of the group nature of pruritus and rash in all persons who work or live in a particular place;
- laboratory analysis.
Since larvae do not gnaw through the pseudocysts, scabies "under the skin" can not be detected using the iodine staining method, as is done with a typical pathology.Usually, a method is used to extract the larva from the site of the bite with a needle or a scraping of the epidermis is taken with further examination under a microscope.The diagnosis of pseudoraportosis is confirmed if the mite's larva is found in the material, but eggs, nymphs, females or empty egg membranes are not detected.
Next, we'll tell you about how to treat a pseudoheter in a person.
Treatment of pseudotypes
If pseudosarcoptosis is not complicated by infection when streptococci and staphylococci are introduced into the sites of scratching, the disease calms down on its own.With a strong spread of papular-vesicular eruptions, a special expression of pruritus is used by the means usually used for scabies.
Preparations and procedure
- Water-soap emulsion 20%( for children - 10%), applied to the places of scratching 4 times a day until the obvious absence of new bites and symptoms subsidence.
- Benzyl benzoate in the form of ointment( 20, 25%), emulsion( 20%, for children - 10%).Skin treatment is carried out once, leaving the preparation for 12 hours to eliminate all the larvae.
- Aerosol Spregal approved for children and pregnant women.In the case of pseudotum, a single treatment is sufficient( for a guarantee - twice) without flushing for 12 hours.
- Permethrin( MediFox), Lindan preparations( recommended by parasitologists for infants) in the form of lotion 1%, ointment 1 - 2%, cream, shampoo, powder.Use once, leaving for 6 hours.
Means, which reduce inflammation and allergic component:
- ointment Widestim, Fenistil-gel, Acriderm, Losterin;
- with itching - antihistamines( antiallergic) drugs - Suprastin, Erius, Zodak, Tavegil.
Antibiotic medicines - antibiotics in tablets( a group of macrolides) or ointments are used if pathogens have penetrated into places of bites, and abscesses or crusts covered with pus appear on the sites of injuries.
Medication recipes for home medicine, except soap baths, are used only in adults to avoid unexpected reactions of allergies in children.But also adult patients with an allergy in the anamnesis should be extremely cautious.
Home recipes for getting rid of mite larvae:
- soap baths 2 times a day for 5 - 10 minutes;
- birch tar to apply a thin layer on the combs( after 3 hours wash off with warm water).
- a mixture of sulfur in powder( 1 part) and interior fat( 4 parts) to lubricate the rashes twice a day with itching twice a day.
Use antiscabic soap from a mixture of onions( 1 piece), garlic( head) and laundry soap( 1 bar).A bar of shop soap is rubbed and mixed with warm water, bringing it on fire to homogeneity and density of sour cream.In the mixture, grate the onion and garlic.When the mass cools down, roll balls that are used as soap until the symptoms disappear completely.
Preventative measures required for compliance:
- Avoid close contact with wild and stray animals .After contact, a thorough examination of open skin areas, washing with antibacterial soap, changing clothes, clothes is necessary.
- Isolate an itch-infected animal for treatment by a veterinarian and prevent re-infection by tick mites.
- Regular veterinary examinations of domestic animals , racehorses, cattle to identify scabies.
- Treatment of the room , inventory of insecticides such as Butoks, Neostomazan.
If the signs of pseudoraportosis are ignored, it is possible:
- infection in open places of scratching and bites with the development of pyoderma( a common purulent skin disease);
- transition of scabies to eczema;
- develops intense allergic reactions, both local - at the site of the bite( swelling, itching, pain), and general, down to choking in people with high sensitivity to insect toxins( extremely dangerous for children).
After isolation of the carrier animal and uncomplicated pseudocystis( without infection or acute allergy), the prognosis is favorable. In such cases, carrying out anti-scabic( anti-nutritional) therapy is not necessary - it is enough to take a soapy bath and wash it properly with a washcloth with further processing of bite sites with antiseptic means - Chlorhexidine, Miramistine, hydrogen peroxide.
If itching, hyperemia, inflammation around the bites do not go away for a few days or signs of pseudotumus appear in other places, you should contact a parasitologist, infectionist or dermatologist to make an accurate diagnosis.