Treatment of bronchitis in adults with folk remedies
It is possible to carry out treatment of bronchitis at home in adults, the main thing to remember is that this disease is inflammatory, accompanied by a strong expectorant cough, fever up to 38-40 degrees, general weakness of the body, and sometimes tachycardia.
| Is bronchitis contagious to others? |
| Symptoms of obstructive bronchitis in adults and its treatment |
| How to do breathing exercises for bronchitis |
| How to treat chronic bronchitis in adults |
| How to treat acute bronchitis at home |
If improperly treated, bronchitis can cause a number of complications,Which can affect the operation of the respiratory system, cause loss of hearing, cause heart and stomach pain.That is why it is so important to pass the course of complete recovery of the body in a timely and effective way!
Symptoms of bronchitis in adults
In adults, bronchitis is accompanied by such symptoms:
- frequent dry cough, interfering with sleep;
- sore throat, pershenia, plaque;Weakness of the
- , loss of appetite.
Many cases of bronchitis without fever have been recorded, with general weakness, pallor of the body and face.There may be no appetite, dry cough and perspiration in the larynx.Manifestation of bronchitis without temperature can mean the presence of chronic diseases that worsen during this period.
It is possible to emphasize several symptoms of allergic bronchitis:
- closer to the night the manifestation of persistent cough;
- fever during the exacerbation of the disease;
- with a certain food intake or contact with an animal( depending on the cause of the onset of the disease) coughing becomes worse;
- runny nose, skin rash, conjunctivitis( in some cases);
- Exhalation of air accompanied by wheezing in the chest.
Symptoms of the disease
Bronchitis is divided into several species, each of them can be accompanied by a temperature or leak without it.Although, in general, they can be very similar to each other.Consider the signs of bronchitis without temperature:
- begins the disease with a dry cough;
- appears discomfort in the throat;
- shortness of breath;
- sputum is sometimes secreted( colorless or with a gray-yellow hue).
Symptoms of bronchitis accompanied by fever are hoarseness, dry cough, fever lasts for a long time, general weakness, fatigue.
In case of acute bronchitis, the following symptoms appear:
- the temperature rises to 39 degrees;
- patient shivering, weakness;
- sweat allocation;
- dry cough becomes moist;
- wheezing in the chest.
How much bronchitis is treated in adults
With proper treatment, bronchitis lasts no more than three weeks, although recently these terms are lengthened.But other factors play an important role: whether the patient started treatment in a timely manner, the correctness of the selection of drugs, adherence to general recommendations( bed and drinking regimen, airing the room, getting rid of bad habits), how strong the human immune system is.
Bronchitis may occur without or accompanying temperature.If the mark on the thermometer significantly exceeded 36.6 - this is quite normal phenomenon.Elevated temperature indicates that the immune system resists the disease.Usually one week is enough to defeat the heat, so much is the temperature with bronchitis.But in some cases, the illness is healed, and the temperature does not drop - you need to see a doctor.
Than dangerous( consequences of bronchitis)
Complications of bronchitis in adults is the transition of the disease into a chronic and obstructive form, which lead to dangerous consequences.For adults, this disease is less dangerous than for children.The main consequences of bronchitis:
- obstructive bronchitis;
- obstruction of the lungs;
- emphysema of the lungs;
- respiratory failure;
- heart failure;
- pulmonary hypertension.
Important! Read more about the symptoms and treatment of obstructive bronchitis in our article.
In the presence of residual cough, if it does not pass after a previous illness, it is recommended to consult a doctor.Such cases occur, at home for treatment use warm milk with the addition of soda and iodine or honey tincture on a radish.If possible, after the disease you need to rest: go to the resort, to the sanatorium.
Treatment of bronchitis with known methods
The basic therapy includes taking medications, traditional medicine and physical therapy to warm and expectorate mucus from the respiratory system.
Is it possible to cure bronchitis without antibiotics?
To improve the condition of a person with chronic bronchitis can folk remedies that help get rid of cough, cold, temperature, hoarseness in the throat, relieve spasms in the intestinal region, normalize the stool.At home, the following treatment procedures can be used effectively:
- herbal medicine.
In the treatment of bronchitis, many herbs support the body and facilitate rapid recovery.If you read the composition of modern medicines for this disease, then there you can find various herbal extracts, Echinacea, Eleutherococcus, ginseng, nettle broth, licorice root tincture.
To such bacterial immunocorrectors include preparations Bronchovax, Bronchomunal.They help to cope with allergic bronchitis, when you get into the body of potent allergens.What other drugs to treat bronchitis in adults you can use we already wrote.
But before spending money on expensive pharmacy medicines, it's worth trying to treat bronchitis in adults with folk remedies.To make an accurate diagnosis, you need to see a doctor and discuss traditional methods of treatment!
For grinding, use camphor alcohol, essential oils, turpentine ointment, which in warmed-up form promote the improvement of blood supply in the respiratory system.
To reduce the temperature of acute bronchitis, wipe the patient with vinegar, in a ratio of water to 1: 5.For a diaphoretic action, drink a lot of liquid, tea with raspberries, decoctions of sage, lime blossom, elderberry.
To improve the overall well-being of the patient, you can do a light massage using fir or eucalyptus oils.The patient will breathe vapors, adjusting the work of the respiratory system.
On the basis of folk remedies, it is possible to make effective warming compresses by applying boiled potatoes in the skin and burdock oil to the area of the back and thorax.Hold for 3-5 hours until the body improves.
After completion of the procedure, the patient should drink a warm broth on the basis of chamomile, St. John's wort, root of badan, licorice, thyme.In addition to compresses, you can use cans, but not with acute bronchitis, with a large amount of sputum.
Inhalation for the treatment of bronchitis
The therapeutic effect of inhalations is very high, they can save from prolonged bronchitis when a person is hard to remove mucus from the body.The main components of the procedure are antimicrobial and vasodilating agents.
The following types of inhalations are available:
- with the addition of essential oils;
- boiled potatoes with balsams;Grated garlic and onion.
The method of treating bronchitis by the folk method, inhalations, can not be called expensive.Inhalations are recommended for exacerbation of the disease, as well as for prevention.Only perform such procedures carefully.
Important! Completely to refuse from inhalations follows at problems with heart, lungs, at the raised pressure.
Doing home inhalations can be done over steam and over water.Children such procedures as a treatment are not suitable at all, because they can cause burns of the tender mucous membrane.
You can perform inhalation over alkaline heated water, in which to add a few drops of anise or eucalyptus oil.The procedure is done several times a day for three minutes.
Folk remedies for the treatment of obstructive bronchitis
Thyme, as well as any essential oils based on this herb, with exacerbation help perfectly.If there was a bronchial obstruction, then not only the national doctor, but also the doctor from the clinic will advise thyme as a soothing and anaesthetising herb.Patients say that from the use of thyme, it becomes easier to breathe.Sputum expectorates better, the mucous is freed from unnecessary mucus.Propolis
For the treatment of bronchitis propolis is used in different ways( it all depends on the form and symptoms of the disease).Tincture is recommended for adults with acute and chronic disease:
- 10 g of ground propolis, pour 100 ml of medical alcohol;
- shake the bottle and put it away for 2 weeks in a dark place;
- take 10 drops after eating.
A burrito with a chronic and protracted form of the disease is prepared in this way: roll propolis and put on the chest, the procedure carried out at night( in the absence of temperature and inflammation).
Badger fat is useful in its composition of substances: polyunsaturated fatty acids, saturated fatty acids, vitamins A, B and E. It should be noted that it is contraindicated to use:
- for children up to three years;
- in capsules - up to 12 years;
- for liver and bile duct dysfunction;
- individual intolerance.
Adult treatment regimen:
- for the first 2 weeks to a patient from 30 kg to 1 tbsp.L.3 times a day;
- the next 2 weeks - the same dosage 2 times a day.
Pre-school children are treated according to the same scheme, changing the dosage( 1 tablespoon for 1 tsp).For children 3-6 years, the amount of badger fat is reduced to 1/2 tsp, adhering to the standard scheme.
What else will help with the disease in this form?
- Decoction of Mother-and-Stepmother.It has an expectorant and antipyretic effect.For brewing, take two small spoons of the plant, and pour 0.2 liters of boiling water.Then simmer for a quarter of an hour, remove and insist for an hour.Take 50 ml three times a day before meals.
- The root of elecampane.It is also used as an excellent expectorant for the treatment of bronchitis.It takes a small spoon of crushed dry root.Pour 0.2 liters of boiling water and send for 10 minutes to a water bath.Let the infusion cool down, and you can take 50 ml, be sure to eat.
- Spores.When treating bronchitis in folk ways, the herb is recommended for the removal of inflammation, and as an expectorant.Pour 250 ml of boiling water over two small spoons of ground dry herb.On a water bath 10 minutes, insist for several hours.Take a large spoon, pre-strain.In a day you can take up to four spoons of infusion.
How to treat various types of bronchitis at home
Since the treatment of chronic bronchitis at home is difficult, the folk treatment is different.The most popular remedy is the yarrow.You will need 30 grams of grass to pour 100 ml of vodka.Then insist 2 weeks and take up to four times a day for three dozen drops.
Other folk ways:
- Boil the potatoes in their uniforms and make a mashed potatoes.When cooking, add three small spoons of soda.Spread the mashed potatoes in a towel, and put between the shoulder blades or in front of the chest area.Cover the body area and keep the potatoes until it ceases to warm.
- Lamb fat helps cope with bouts of chronic bronchitis.They rub their back and chest, fat should first be melt.The healing effect can be strengthened by wrapping the place where the fat is, with a plastic wrap.Relief should come after the first night of the use of such a folk remedy.
- Mix 250 ml of boiled milk with a tablespoon of badger fat and natural honey.Take in the morning.
Many are asking how to treat acute bronchitis at home.As a rule, treatment should be supported by the rejection of bad habits and the maintenance of a healthy lifestyle.Therapy of acute bronchitis is carried out in complex with the use of medicinal preparations:
- anti-cough drugs( Lazolvan, Herbion);
- expectorants( Mukaltin, Ambroxol);
- antibiotics( Azithromycin, Ceftriaxone, Biseptol);
- probiotics( Linex, Yogurt);
- medications with antipyretic properties( Ibuprofen, Fervex);
- gargling with throat solutions( soda);
- antiseptic sprays( Ingalipt, Tharyngept);
- preparations that enhance immunity and vitamins;
- bronchodilators( Neofilin).
Treatment of obstructive bronchitis in adults is based on the use of several methods:
- preparations for bronchial dilatation( Salbutamol);
- medications to stimulate bronchial function( Tiotropium bromide);
- means for expectoration, mucolytics( Mukaltin);
- antibiotics( Amoxicillin, Erythromycin).
Effective folk remedy for obstructive bronchitis:
- 200 g of calendula berries, 200 grams of natural honey and 100 g of water mixed in an enameled container, put the cook until the water evaporates.
- Finished mixture let cool and transfer to a glass jar.
Vinegar on honey is adopted according to the scheme:
- Day I - 1 tsp.each hour;
- II and III day - 1 tsp.With an interval of 3 hours.
Treatment of viral bronchitis
In the treatment of viral bronchitis in adults, different methods are used:
- immunostimulants and vitamins;
- antibiotics( if the temperature of 38 degrees is kept for three days);
- compliance with bed rest;
- plentiful drink, means for lowering the temperature;
- preparations for the production of sputum;
- therapeutic exercises, diet, inhalation.
Traditional medicine against viral bronchitis:
- finely chopped or scrolled in a meat grinder 100 g raisins, pour 200 ml boiling water, put on fire;
- boil 10 minutes, strain and drink during the course of the day.
Bronchitis with asthmatic component
In this case, treatment for each patient is selected individually, it will necessarily be comprehensive:
- antibiotic( for infection);
- adhere to proper nutrition;
- ventilate the room in which the patient spends time, do not contact animals;
- taking antihistamines, administering the allergen in minimal amounts( if necessary);
- anti-inflammatory drugs, inhalation;
- therapeutic massage, breathing exercises.
You can use folk remedies based on herbs, but note that they can cause an allergic reaction, like honey, mentioned in many recipes.
Treatment of protracted bronchitis should be handled by a gynecologist.Independently to choose preparations it is dangerous to health, as the viral and allergic forms of the disease are not treated with antibiotics, and to reveal the bacteria it is necessary to pass the tests.Doctors adhere to a single scheme for the treatment of a neglected form, which sets the tasks:
- normalize temperature;
- get rid of cough, anesthetize;
- to withdraw phlegm.
At home, use traditional medicine.You need to make a fresh banana mashed potatoes and add to it sugar with water, you can eat in unlimited quantities.
The result of the treatment of dry cough with bronchitis in adults depends not only on medicines, but also on compliance with the general principles: to regularly ventilate the room, drink more liquid, apply absorbable candy, do inhalations.Drugs for curing the disease are selected based on the nature of the cough:
- Sinecod, Stoptussin( long and paroxysmal);
- ACS, Ambroxol( for liquefaction of sputum);Solderan( expectorant).
Antibiotics, antiviral and hormonal drugs are prescribed depending on the cause of the disease.
Nutrition for bronchitis
The amount of calories consumed for bronchitis should be 2500-3000. At the same time it is recommended to include in the diet:
- fresh fruits and vegetables;
- chicken, pork and veal boiled meat;
- marine fish;
- sour-milk products;
- honey, drink more tea with raspberries and lemon;
- vegetable broth;
- porridge( rice, buckwheat, oatmeal - better on a milk basis).
- more fluid.
Exclude from the diet sweets, chocolate products, muffins, salty foods.Also, products containing cholesterol, fatty, spicy and smoked foods, alcohol, spices and beverages containing coffee and cocoa are not recommended.
What vitamins will help?
Very good folk medicine, with bronchitis in any form, refers to herbs that contain a lot of vitamin C. Note the rose hips that you can brew and drink like tea( but the temperature for brewing should be 70 degrees of heat, so as not to killUseful properties of the plant).
Also take supplemental nicotinic acid B3 for the treatment of bronchitis.You can use it in the form of tablets, or eat more liver, fish, chicken meat, carrots and sprouted wheat grains.Acids are abundant in chamomile, mint, nettle and parsley.
Medical exercises with bronchitis
The patient should not spend a long time in bed, as various complications can develop, such as heart failure and pneumonia.It is necessary to do simple breathing exercises.
The complex includes:
- imitation with the hands of "cutting wood";
- circular rotation with hands;
- torso of the trunk in different directions;
- a deep breath and a slow exhalation;
- easy walking in place.
Do not overwork yourself, but to maintain a body in perfect physical shape is always necessary, of course, if you do not have high temperature and other contraindications to the movement of the gymnastics.
Medications for the treatment of
Ceftriaxone is an antibiotic that belongs to a series of cephalosporins.The drug group III generation is often used for bronchitis.Ceftriaxone is used to treat adults and children.Under the standard scheme, the drug is administered intramuscularly:
- for adults - no more than 2 g per day;
- for children - the dosage varies from body weight.
Contraindicated in case of allergic reaction to the drug.Side effects can cause a wrong reception of an antibiotic: nausea, vomiting, allergies, jaundice, problems with blood coagulability.
Sumamed is a preparation of the macrolide group, it is well absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract and is tolerated by the patient's body.Antibiotic take for three days for 500 mg per reception( 1 hour before meals or 2 hours after meals).Before prescribing the drug, sputum is tested for bacterial sensitivity.
Antibiotic Amoxislav is prescribed for the treatment of bronchitis in the detection of certain bacteria: streptococci, echinococcus, listeria, shigella, moraxella, bordadella, gardnerella, klebsiella.The dosage is determined by the physician, starting from the body weight:
- slight and moderate severity of the disease( 1 tablet 500/125 mg) twice a day;
- severe bronchitis( 1 tablet 850/125 mg) 2 times a day.
If the disease provoked: pneumococcus, hemophilic rod, maresella, mycoplasma, chlamydia, legionella prescribe Azithromycin.This antibiotic group macrolides, the course of treatment with this drug should not exceed 5 days.The scheme of taking an antibiotic for bronchitis.
- Adults: I day - single dose of 500 mg;From II to V day - once a day 250 mg.
- Children: I day - a daily dose of 10 mg per 1 kg of weight in one session;II-V days - 1 time per day for 5 mg per 10 kg of weight.
For better action, Azithromycin is recommended for use in conjunction with antimicrobials and immunomodulators.
Flemoxin, like all antibiotics, is taken by the doctor's prescription.The drug is used for the therapy of bronchitis with:
- elevated temperature( above 38 degrees for three days);
- intoxication of the body;
- breathing problems;
- shifted left leykoformula;
- causative agent of staphylococcus aureus, streptococcus, pneumococcus, moraxel catarrhis.
Often, the medicine is used for chronic bronchitis.Dosage is selected individually for each patient, taking into account the age, stage of the disease and the presence of chronic diseases.
When using a nebulizer during bronchitis, drugs are used:
- Berotek, Atrovent( bronchodilator);
- Lazolvan( for liquefaction and excretion of sputum);
- Furacilin( antiseptic);
- Pulmicort( hormonal preparations);
- Rotokan( vegetable).
It is also recommended to use mineral waters: Borjomi, Essentuki, Nabeglavi.
In the treatment of any disease, positive thoughts and humorous mood will help you get better quickly, and faith in the speedy healing will be raised to the feet of even the most seriously ill people.After all, it gives the brain a strong push to fight viruses and other ailments.
What should I do?Read positive books, meditate, pronounce well-known affirmations for healing the soul and body, smile, be in a good mood, do not lose heart.The disease will very soon pass, and then interesting, exciting and happy days will be waiting for you.Take care of yourself and keep the body in a fighting spirit!
Prevention of the disease
To prevent bronchitis, do not overcool, wear things that match the weather conditions.If there are bad habits( smoking), then it is recommended to quit.Perform breathing exercises( inflate balls), ventilate the room more often and do a wet cleaning.
Bath is an excellent way to prevent bronchitis or recuperation after a chronic form of the disease.You can go to steam after seven days after bronchitis, but not all.It is forbidden to visit the bath at a body temperature above 37 degrees, if there is shortness of breath during physical exertion, a pulse above 90 bpm, and also at a pressure above 140/90.
These are the main methods of treatment.Before deciding to try out any remedy, we strongly recommend that you discuss with your doctor.Yes, folk treatment is effective, but self-medication often leads to sad consequences.