Inflammation of the gums: treatment at home
A beautiful and healthy smile is the guarantee of perfect well-being.And what to do when there are irregularities in the oral cavity?If the gum has become inflamed, we will tell you how to treat it at home.
|How long does the gum repair after removal of the tooth|
|The wisdom tooth is growing and the gum is hurting - what should I do?|
|reasons for bleeding gums and treatment|
|better to rinse your teeth with the inflammation of the gums|
|to choose ointment against inflammation of the gums|
Symptoms of the disease
An inflamed gum causes a lot of trouble, painful sensations occur during meals, bleeding, redness, purulent discharge.
These symptoms can lead to serious disturbances in the oral cavity.In the absence of timely treatment, you can get such dangerous diseases as gingivitis, periodontitis, bite change and much more.
Important! When gum disease is treated at home, you can, and many dentists say that it is even necessary.Various herbs of herbs help much
Causes of gingival inflammation in adults
There are a number of factors that have affected the gingival inflammation process:
- bad habits( smoking);
- lack of vitamins and minerals;
- fillings and crowns of poor quality;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- of the gastrointestinal tract;
- infection in the body;
- hormonal disorder;
- reaction to the taking of certain drugs.The main cause is the bacteria.
Interesting! Read what other gum disease is there.
How to properly treat the gum
Improvement of the oral cavity should be done by regular rinsing with various infusions and decoctions based on herbs.The procedure should be carried out:
- in the morning after awakening;
- an hour before meals;
- immediately after a meal;
- before going to bed;
- on the well-being of the patient.
How to remove the flux in inflammation
For the relief of symptoms, folk remedies are often used:
- soda solution( 1 tsp soda and salt pour 200 ml boiling water, allow to cool to room temperature, rinse every three hours);
- Sage broth( 1 tbsp plant pour 250 ml boiling water, boil for 3 minutes, allow to brew for half an hour, strain, rinse every 20 minutes for three hours).
Important! We have already written about the treatment of gum tumor at home!
If the gingiva is inflamed with
The main symptoms of gingiva in angina are:
- reddening of the mucosa;
- fever, general fatigue;
- difficulty in eating, bad breath;
- puffiness of the gums, increased salivation;
- formation of a gray plaque leading to loosening of the teeth.
The first step is to get rid of the cause of the disease, then prescribe a therapy for sore gums.Treatment is carried out under the supervision of a doctor.
Purulent inflammation near the tooth
With such education it is strongly recommended to visit a doctor urgently.Surgery may be required.
Conservative treatment includes:
- removal of the crown or fillings;
- drill the caries-damaged tissues;
- nerve removal;
- root canal expansion;
- processing channels with antiseptics;
- reception of antibiotics;
- through time put a permanent seal or crown.
At home, you can use folk rinses: dilute hydrogen peroxide 3% with water in a ratio of 1: 1.
With a cold
The main symptoms of gingival inflammation due to colds are acute toothache, redness of the mouth, swelling, swelling.In the process of treatment, remove tissues that have purulent formations.If the toothache manifested itself after the appearance of a cough and hanging temperature, then most likely, it will retreat independently in a couple of days.
Inflammation of the gum under the crown
The course of treatment includes:
- gum massage, hard, hard food( apples, carrots, nuts);
- enrich the body with vitamin C;
- application of dental floss for cleaning, cleaning of tartar;
- reception of painkillers( Tempalgin, Paracetamol);
- rinsing with antiseptic solutions( Furacilin, Miramistin, Chlorohexidine);
- with bleeding gels are used( Metrogil, Solcoseryl).
After tooth extraction
The gingival inflammation after tooth treatment is a consequence of the body's reaction to the drug or improper treatment.Many drugs have side effects and contraindications, which should be adhered to before use.They can cause irritation of the oral mucosa, which leads to inflammation.
The cause of this manifestation may be the patient's negligent attitude - non-compliance with the prescribing doctor's instructions.If you adhere to the hygiene and recommendations of a specialist during the rehabilitation period, you can avoid the inflammatory process and unpleasant consequences.
How to treat gingival inflammation at home
In order for the folk remedy to really benefit, you must always ask the dentist if the chosen herb is suitable for your specific case.As statistics show, more people are suffering from improper oral care today.The reason for this is life in the city, poor nutrition, constant stress and lack of vitamins.How to help your gums?
To prevent infection with inflamed gums, you need to eat 3-4 cloves of garlic per day or use it in the form of food additives.You can also rinse the mouth cavity with garlic:
- garlic grate on a fine grater and mix with water in a ratio of 1: 3;
- be allowed to brew for half an hour, ready to rinse your mouth three times a day.
Sea buckthorn oil
Sea buckthorn oil is successfully used in dentistry for the treatment of inflamed gums, it has a wound-healing effect.The procedure is carried out using a cotton or gauze swab dipped in oil.The patch should be applied to the inflamed area.Also sea buckthorn oil can be rubbed with a finger in a sore spot.
If the gums bleed, a typical solution of hydrogen peroxide of 6% will help.It will be necessary to dissolve it in a glass of water and rinse your mouth several times a day.To achieve a positive effect, rinsing is done for five days without breaks.
The following is a great tool that at home helps to quickly cope with oral problems.For 0.5 liters of water, two large spoons of oak bark powder are brewed.It will be necessary to boil on fire for about ten minutes, and then insist to a warm state.Mouth rinse thrice a day.Each time, use at least half a cup of broth.
Probably the most well-known and widespread method of treatment of diseases of the oral cavity.In a glass of warm water, a small spoon of salt dissolves and a half of a small spoonful of soda.You can also add a little sage.Mouth rinse with this infusion.
Since many herbs have healing effects of different directions, you can use to immediately rinse the herbal collection.For two glasses of water take a large spoonful of flowers of St. John's wort and black elderberry, add the leaves of strawberries.Ten minutes to boil, then remove from heat and leave for half an hour under the lid.You can rinse your mouth with this collection every hour.
For any folk treatment, take those aloe leaves that have already reached the age of three.You need to remove spikes, and cut the leaf along.Apply to the gums at the site of the inflammation.You can carry out this procedure up to seven times a day.
Again, the way of people's treatment is simple and accessible to everyone.In a glass of water to dissolve it is sea salt and rinse your mouth up to three times a day.Instead of rinsing, the salt can simply be rubbed into the gums.It is this type of salt that can remove inflammation and bleeding.Bacteria that destroy the dental tissue will die.
Dead Sea mud
For the treatment of inflamed gums, you must use clean mud of the dead sea, without additives.Prescription for treatment:
- 2 times a day brushing your teeth with dirt( after breakfast and dinner);
- after cleaning with light massaging movements rub the mud of the dead sea into the gums with the finger;
- with a solution of salt and mud from the dead sea rinse the mouth after each meal.
It is necessary to dissolve half a spoonful of soda in a glass of boiled water, add a fourth of the sage tincture.Mix all the ingredients and rinse gum every half hour.
If the yard is summer and you can find fresh plantain leaves in an ecologically clean area, they will help in treating inflammation of the oral cavity at home.In winter, you can also use to prepare the broth and dry leaves.They can be chewed, the gums stop bleeding for a few days.
To use sage against gingival inflammation, it is necessary to prepare an infusion( 1 tablespoon per 1/2 cup of boiling water, let it sit for 1 hour under a lid, then strain).The prepared drink has a pleasant taste, slightly knits in the mouth.Rinse should be several times a day, preferably after each meal until a complete cure.
Treatment of gum disease during pregnancy
Folk remedies based on chamomile and calendula
These are excellent folk remedies for the treatment of gums and their inflammation.It is enough to take a large spoonful of chamomile and marigold flowers, pour a glass of boiled water.After 30 minutes of insisting, you can safely start rinsing.
Broth of pine kidneys
Young pine buds can stop bleeding gums, relieve their redness and eliminate inflammation.Take a tablespoon of kidneys and pour 500 ml of water.Boil for 10 minutes on low heat, insist for a quarter of an hour.Mouth rinse 100 ml at least three times a day, or better - more often.
Propolis and alcohol
To prepare such a solution, you need to take 20 drops of alcohol-infused propolis and dilute it in 0, 2 liters of water.The solution is used exclusively for rinsing.
Root of the ara
A small spoon of crushed root is poured with 0.2 liters of boiling water.A quarter of an hour to insist, then drain and rinse the mouth.Air, by the way, not only relieve the inflammation of the gums, but also helps to remove bad breath.
Inflammation of gums: treatment at home can be done using honey( we take only natural product) and ordinary or sea salt.Four large spoons of salt are taken for one part of the honey.Rub and apply the mixture on the inflamed gums.
Therapy with black radish juice
Of course, only fresh pressed juice can be used in folk medicine.Radish gives an excellent effect with increased bleeding.
To avoid complications with gum disease in children, it is necessary to take the child to a consultation with the dentist.Treatment is prescribed based on age, symptoms of the disease and individual characteristics of the body.
- Babies with teething help to anesthetize, remove unpleasant symptoms of gels( Dental, Kamistad) and homeopathic drugs( Dentakids).
- Older children are advised to rinse the mouth with decoctions of medicinal herbs( chamomile, sage, oak bark) or pharmaceuticals( Rotokan).They have antiseptic properties and relieve inflammation.
Massage for inflammation of the gums
Performed with the use of special preventive pastes, done with a brush with soft bristles or cotton pads moistened with decoctions of medicinal plants.
This procedure will be most effective in treating inflammation of the gums during pregnancy, absolutely safe and effective.Begin the massage from the center to the wisdom tooth, the movements should be light and smooth, they should not cause pain.
This is one of the methods of excellent prevention of inflammation of the gums.A positive result will be seen after a systematic completion of the full course of procedures, at least 10 for the entire treatment period.
Massage should be done in the morning and in the evening, one session should last at least 5 minutes.After you can rinse the mouth with tincture of ginseng or radish.The main thing is not to cause additional irritation of the gum area.
How to treat severe inflammation of the gums with antibiotics and other medications
If there is a strong inflammation of the gums, then after washing the pus, the doctor prescribes antibiotic treatment to the patient.Most often, "Metronidazole" is prescribed 500 mg 3 times a day, the course of recovery is about 2 weeks.You can also use other types of drugs, "Lincomycin", "Clindamycin", but only after appointment by a specialist.Dosage is to be controlled by the attending doctor, without self-medication and arbitrariness.
Effective in the treatment of inflammation of the gums at home, various ointments, balms and gels of both domestic and foreign production.
- Gel Holisal.
- Asept Balm.
- Cream for gums Wood balm.
All products are highly effective, in a short time they relieve inflammation, bleeding, eliminate soreness of the gums, block the development of harmful microorganisms in the oral cavity, and have wound healing effects.
It should be noted that anti-inflammatory preparations in the form of ointments are less effective than gels.Because of their fatty base, ointments do not adhere well to the mucous membrane, so most of them enter the body together with saliva.In rare cases, Heparin ointment may be prescribed to reduce pain and swelling and Troxevasin against bleeding, but their effect in these cases will be weaker.
On the drugstore shelves, you can choose a gel that will help remove the discomfort in various inflammatory processes of the gums:
- Dental( option for people with prostheses);
- Metrogil denta( a unique active remedy against gingivitis, periodontitis, cheilitis, stomatitis, periodontitis);
- Slakoseril( for microranes on the gums);
- Halisal( with severe pain);
- Parodium( periodontitis, gingivitis);
- Kamistad( eruption of wisdom tooth, wearing braces, prostheses, with gingivitis, stomatitis, cheilitis and erythrema);
- Asepta( analgesic, relieves itching and inflammation);
- Retragel( for retraction of gums, disinfects, stops bleeding).
It is not worth starting independently any antibiotic.Amoxicillin is a drug that prevents infectious diseases and can remove inflammation.Even pregnant women and children can be prescribed this antibiotic, which undoubtedly is its advantage.Dosage and treatment is determined by the doctor depending on the stage of inflammation.
Lincomycin is isolated among a variety of drugs in purulent, inflammatory processes.The medicine releases in different forms( ointment, injections, capsules).In difficult cases, the injection is injected into the gum.With bleeding gums, the drug can be used at home.At night after brushing teeth it is necessary to lubricate the inflamed area with Lincomycin ointment.
How to rinse the mouth with chlorcessidine in case of gingival inflammation
Chlorhexidine has antimicrobial and antiseptic action, it is used for gingivitis, stomatitis, periodontitis, aphthae, alveolitis, removable dentures.Rinse mouth should not exceed 12 days, so as not to cause dysbacteriosis of the mouth.Contraindicated in hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
For rinsing, it is necessary to prepare a solution( 0.05 g Chlorhexidine / 100 ml water).Despite the positive effects of the drug, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
Prevention of such violations
Basic prevention methods:
- Every day, brush your teeth after waking up and before going to bed, carefully remove the remains of food at their base, use dental floss, rinse the mouth after each meal.
- To consume foods high in calcium, introduce more fiber, fruits and vegetables into the diet of natural growth.Less sweets and meat products, which have a detrimental effect on the "health" of the gums.
- Revise the pace of life, avoid stressful situations, rest more, walk in the fresh air, lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Daily massage the gums, rinse with decoctions of medicinal herbs.
- To quit smoking and abuse alcohol - these factors negatively affect the work of all systems of the human body.
- To change a toothbrush every three months, preferring to give electric, they are better able to cope with plaque and simultaneously perform gum massage.
- To clean not only the teeth, but also the tongue, which is the carrier of a million bacteria that enter the oral cavity.
- If the first signs of inflammation of the gum appear immediately begin treatment, consult a doctor and use only proven methods of healing the body.
Toothpaste for gingival inflammation
In inflammatory gums, it is important to choose the right paste, which helps to eliminate unpleasant symptoms.The most popular today are:
- Lacalut Aktiv( reduces bleeding, removes dental plaque, helps reduce loosening of the gums);
- Parodontax Classic( for the prevention of inflammation and bleeding);
- Blend-a-med Complex 7( helps strengthen, prevents inflammation and the appearance of calculus);
- Blend-a-med Pro-Expert( has a protective function for gums, reduces inflammation).
Home treatment shows high efficiency.Moreover, it is possible not only to eliminate inflammation and bleeding, but also to improve the entire oral cavity.