Treatment of gout with folk remedies - the best recipes
Gout is one of the oldest diseases.Another healer of ancient Greece, Hippocrates described the symptoms of gout about 2400 years ago!Given that the disease is older, then it is inherent in folk methods of treatment, because in those days the medicine was not yet developed enough.
Signs occurrence of gout and its treatment
Treatment of gout diet: table products How to treat gout with exacerbation
Which doctor treats gout?
Treatment of gout with folk remedies at home has come to our days.Preserved many effective recipes, which are described in detail in this article.
Signs and causes of
Gout occurs when protein metabolism is compromised.As a result of this disorder, the joints accumulate excess uric acid salts, which leads to the formation of spherical growths or, as they are called in the people, "cones", a bone on the legs.
Factors affecting the appearance of gout, which cause it:
- abuse of fatty, salty, spicy foo
- reception of alcohol in unlimited quantities;
- is a sedentary lifestyle;
- impaired excretion of uric acid by the kidneys.
People who lead a healthy lifestyle have less risk of acquiring gout.
Symptoms include the following signs of gout:
- Severe pain and redness of one or both of the joints.
- Appearance under the skin of white nodules.
- Sensitivity even to easy contact with the joint.
The source of the disease is an incorrect diet and neglect of some food.The following products are at risk:
- cocoa and products based on it;
- red meat;
- oily fish;
Important! Using these products in large quantities, there is a chance to crouch in the trap for the feet.
Adherents of hungry diets also fall into the risk zone.During fasting, lactic acid accumulates in the body, which can lead to both the disease itself and the deterioration of the course.
According to Pevsner, it is recommended to follow the diet number 6:
- to limit the consumption of products containing salt, oxalic acid and purines;
- monitor the amount of fat and carbohydrate intake;
- there are more vegetables, fruits, fermented milk products;
- observe the drinking regime( drink 2-3 liters of water per day).
List of Prohibited Products:
- broths on meat, fish and mushrooms;
- sauces, preserves, marinades, vinegar;
- smoked products, lard, sausage, meat of young animals;
- spices are sharp and salty;
- alcohol, caffeinated foods and beverages;
- grapes, raspberries;
- cauliflower, radish, sorrel, beans.
How to treat gout with folk remedies
Treating gout with folk remedies at home implies several options:
- treatment with berries;
- herbal medicine;
- consumption of funds inside.
Each of the ways of treating gout can be combined with each other, which will have a positive effect.Treatment of gout with folk methods will help not only cope with an unpleasant disease and reduce pain, but also avoid further exacerbations of the disease.Let's consider each of the above methods separately.
Compresses are usually superimposed overnight.After all, at night the pain syndrome increases, and the affected place literally begins to burn.Several folk recipes will help to avoid such consequences and to ease this time of day.
Important! Honey is a useful product, but very often causes people to have allergic reactions.Before making honey-based compresses, check for allergies and other unpleasant manifestations.Put a little product on your wrist and wait for some unpleasant reactions within an hour.
Compress of salt and honey
Take salt and honey in equal proportions, mix them.The resulting ointment should be laid evenly on the gauze and applied to the patient's joint for the night.
Compress of mustard and honey
Use mustard powder and honey to make a gruel and add a little soda.Then, in hot water, steam out the diseased area.On the steamed area, apply the resulting mustard - honey mixture and wrap it with gauze, then fix the compress with a restraining dressing.Leave it overnight.The procedure should be carried out every day for 14 days.
Chamomile wrap with elder
Such lotions very effectively help to cope with unpleasant painful sensations.Recipe:
- Chamomile and elder in equal amounts to fill with water, wait for the boiling water.
- Then give the tincture a little cool and brew.
- Gauze lotions are applied to the affected joint at night.
It's no secret that berries are not only tasty, but also useful.Moreover, they have a truly miraculous effect and are indispensable "doctors".When treating gout with folk remedies at home, such berries as:
- eldera will help;
- wild strawberries.
Strawberries, blueberries and cherries should be consumed inside.Bilberry eat in any quantity every day.The course of treatment of cherries lasts a week, 300 grams per day.
From elderberry to make a decoction is an excellent natural diuretic that will excrete excess uric acid from the body.
Also useful for gout and herbs.Many herbs, which folk medicine traditionally uses, improve the general condition of a person, affecting the immediate problem.Therefore, with the exception of contraindications, tea with chamomile, melissa and linden is useful for every person regardless of the diagnosis.
Interesting! You can brew tea and drink in unlimited quantities.The main thing is not to add sugar to the tea.You can drink in cold, warm or hot.
Lilac at a gout
In a season it is necessary to pick up flowers of a lilac and to lay in a half-liter jar.Pour the flowers with a glass of vodka and leave for 7 days to insist in a dark place.How to use: Take 50 drops of tincture inward before each meal.
Recipes for ingestion
As already mentioned, gout occurs in the event of malnutrition.Therefore, to monitor the diet is very important.A few simple recipes will help to cope with the disease, as well as prevent it.
Lemon and garlic
Four lemons and 4 cloves of garlic should be scrolled through a meat grinder.Pour the resulting mixture with two glasses of boiling water and leave in a warm place to infuse for 3 days.Pre-strained infusion, take once a day for 50 ml.
Three large apples cut into slices and pour 1 liter of water.Bring to a boil, then boil for another 15 minutes.It turns out apple compote, which will help to cope with the gout.Only to drink compote you need at least 4 cups during the day.If you want, you can do more, it will do you good.
Lemon with sugar
1 kg of lemons pour boiling water, hold for 5 minutes, then scroll through the meat grinder.The resulting gruel is mixed with 1 kg of sugar.Use the potion three times a day, adding a glass of water and a half spoonful of soda.
Celery juice works well.Three spoons of juice before each meal will significantly reduce the pain with gout.
Soda is able to keep acid in the norm, which is important for gout.An effective result can be obtained at the initial stage of the disease.The course of treatment: 10 days reception, 10 days break.The scheme of reception: starting from 1/5 tsp.Soda gradually increasing to 1/2 tsp.Take an hour before meals every day.
Since soda can damage the walls of blood vessels, you can use a prescription with a bath.To collect a bath with warm water( in the sitting position of water should be up to the waist), dilute in it 400 g of soda and 400 g of sea salt.Gradually pour hot water to keep the temperature 40 degrees for 30 minutes.The course of treatment: 10 procedures, then 2 months break.
Effective folk remedy for the treatment of gout:
- Grind 5 pieces of bay leaf and pour 100 ml of ammonia, let it brew for a week.
- Before use, remove the joints, thoroughly wipe and rub the prepared tincture.From the top do iodine mesh.Perform the procedures until complete cure.
When treating sunflower root, it is necessary to revise your diet and exclude alcohol, fatty and fried foods.The recipe for decoction from gout:
- 1 cup of crushed sunflower root pour boiling water with a volume of 3 liters.
- Place on a stove and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Take 1 glass 3 times a day after meals.
Roots used to prepare the broth can be used a second time, only boil for 2-3 minutes more.
Iodine and Aspirin
To prepare a healing solution, you need to pour 10 ml of iodine into a glass container and add 5 tablets of chopped aspirin, after the aspirin has dissolved and the liquid brightens you can start treatment.Before going to bed, lubricate the affected joints with the solution obtained, then warm them.Wash the sutra with warm water.
Prescription for the treatment of gout:
- 15 g of ground propolis, pour 200 ml of vodka, put in a dark place for 7 days, shake daily.At the end of this time, strain the tincture.
- Take 15 ml on an empty stomach, be sure to wash it with milk.The course of treatment is 14 days.
- Tincture stored in the refrigerator.
With gout, potatoes can be used in two ways.
- Gadgets.Grate the potatoes and attach to the resulting cone.
- Bath.Pelt the potatoes in a saucepan for 2/3, pour water on a quarter.Put on a fire and boil for 15 minutes.Broth( 300 ml) pour into a bowl of hot water, gradually pouring potato liquid, keeping the temperature.Gently apply bumps on the cones to avoid burns.The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
Treatment of gout with medicines
The treatment should be performed in a complex manner, various agents are prescribed for this:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used for analgesia( indomethacin, methindole, diclofenac sodium);
- alkaloids-antimiotics block cell division( Colchicine);
- corticosteroids if the patient is hypersensitive to the above drugs( Methylprednisolone, Triamcinolone, Dexamethasone);
- inhibitors of hypoxanthine oxidase, excreting uric acid by the kidneys( Allopurinol);
- uricosuric preparations for antibiotics( Probenecid).
It is not recommended to select a preparation for uric acid excretion alone.This should be handled by a qualified doctor after receiving the results of laboratory tests.
The most popular are: Avisanum, AUopurinolum, Benzobromarone, Blemaren.
Important! The appointment is made only by a doctor who treats gout!
Treatment with allopurinol
This medication is designed to eliminate the cause of the disease.In the treatment, it is necessary to take into account some peculiarities:
- to start taking medicine from small doses;
- with the withdrawal of medication the level of acid in the urine increases dramatically;
- in case of an attack before taking medication, relieve pain;
- at initial treatment, in order to avoid an attack gout is prescribed in small doses of colchicine;
- requires control of the urate in dynamics.
Contraindicated in children during pregnancy and if liver function is impaired.Treatment with allopurinol should be accompanied by a diet.
Homeopathic remedies for gout are selected based on the symptoms and the nature of the disease:
- Aconite( at the beginning of the attack);
- Arnica( severe pain while walking and touching);
- Belladonna( redness, temperature);
- Berberis vulgaris( attacks stabbing pain, with kidney stones);
- Bryonia( swelling, knees unable to bend, hot);
- Calcium fluoride( the joints of the fingers are affected, they crack);
- Colchicum( hypersensitivity to movement and touch);
- Ledum( cold in the joints);
- Nuks vomica( patients with indigestion);
- Rhododendron( joints react to weather);
- Rus toxicodendron( with hot, strongly swollen joints);
- Sulfur( itching, burning).
With exacerbation of gout
The first step is to perform anti-inflammatory therapy.To do this, often use Kolhitsin( taking the drug to coordinate with your doctor).Or use anti-inflammatory non-steroid drugs( Diclofenac, Indomethacin, Naproxen), except if the patient takes diuretics.If there is no possibility to use the traditional regimen of treatment, glucocorticoids are administered.
Traditional medicine recommends using a recipe for tincture: fill the bottle with lilac flowers and pour 200 ml of alcohol, put it in a dark place, shake it daily, take 25 drops before eating.
Timely seeking medical help will save you from such diseases as gout.Be healthy!