Pain in the coccyx: reasons for women
Coccyx - the lower part of the spine, in fact a rudimentary organ, which is often troubling.This process of the spinal column, it turns out, is quite easy to damage, while his injuries lead to severe pain syndrome, limitation of mobility of the lower extremities, and other disorders.Often the pain and other unpleasant sensations in the area of this department of the spine arise in women, it is worth knowing about the possible causes of pain in the coccyx in women.
causes of pain in the coccyx in men
pain in the coccyx when sitting: Causes and Treatment
Getting rid of pain in the coccyx inHome conditions
Pain in the coccyx in pregnancy: causes and treatment
How to quickly remove a headache without drugs?
In this case, pain is not always the result of injury, in some cases they may indicate other health problems.In this regard, it is often difficult to diagnose a disease that provoked pain in the coccyx.
To determine the cause o
Causes of pain in the coccyx region
Several factors affect the appearance of pain in the coccyx region, the spinal column itself does not always hurt, sometimes the pain sensations "give" to its area from other organs.Determine the cause of pain is important, it will help determine which doctor should be treated, how to treat the disease that has arisen.
Important! Learn about the causes of pain in the coccyx in men, you can in our article.
When the tailbone hurts, most likely this is due to a trauma to the lower spine.Injury can occur with falling, bumps, as a result of which there may be a bruise, a dislocation, a fracture.Depending on the severity of the injury depends on the nature of pain.
If discomfort occurs due to an injury, a woman experiences severe pain, usually a noisy character.Because of the injuries, the pain in the coccyx increases with rising, the pain can be so intense that the motor activity is disturbed.In severe fractures it often becomes extremely difficult to walk, the patient can exclusively lie most of the time.
Important! In a number of cases, pain does not occur immediately after an injury, sometimes it takes a long time to become aggravated.
Pain in the coccyx during the monthly
Some women experience pain in the sacrum and coccyx during menstruation or in front of them.In this case, it hurts not the lower part of the spine itself, pain senses irradiate into the process from the internal organs of the woman.
In most cases, such pain does not indicate serious health problems, this is a normal process that occurs during menstruation.However, if the discomfort is so severe that it interferes with normal functioning, painkillers do not help much, they recommend that you turn to a gynecologist.Possible development of quite dangerous diseases of the reproductive system, which can lead to infertility and other serious problems.
Pain during pregnancy
When pregnant, the pain in the lower coccyx is a fairly common problem, many women bearing a baby face it.Pain sensations and discomfort in this area arise for various reasons, usually the following factors influence their appearance:
- Extension of pelvic bones.During pregnancy, the pelvis, as it were, is reconstructed due to the growth of the child, the preparation for the birth process is underway, the pelvic bones part ways.At this time the coccyx deviates back, which causes pain.They are usually aching, pulling character, pain gives in the legs.
- Pinching of nerves in the lower spine, occurring with fetal growth.In this case, there is a sensation of pain in the coccyx, pain can occur abruptly with rapid careless movements.
- Constipation in pregnant women.Because of fetal growth and for a number of other reasons, pregnant women have an increased probability of constipation, increased gas production, and other digestive problems.As a result, pain from the organs of the gastrointestinal tract irradiates to the lower part of the spine.
- Exacerbation of old coccyx and spine trauma due to pregnancy.Because of the increasing pressure on the organs and pelvic bones, old traumas can become aggravated, which before that can never manifest themselves.
These are the main causes of pain in the lower part of the spine in pregnant women.In women bearing a child, there is an exacerbation of pain in the coccyx when sitting, since it is in this position that the load on the lower spine is greatest.
Important! If you have pain in the spine during pregnancy, you should definitely see a doctor, in order to track the occurrence of complications in time, such a probability is present.
Other causes of pain
There are several other reasons that can cause pain in the lower part of the spine in women.They are much less common, but they are more difficult to diagnose.
- Pain in women of fifty years.The occurrence of pain in the area of different parts of the spine may be due to the age factor.This may be due to the aggravation of old injuries, the emergence of new ones, the deposition of salts in the joints, various degenerative diseases of the spine.If pain gives to the coccyx, the cause may be in diseases of the rectum or reproductive organs.Deficiency of useful vitamins and microelements
- .With a lack of useful minerals, pain in the coccyx may occur.Usually they are weakly expressed, they are noisy in character.Increase when sitting or in an uncomfortable position.
- Diseases of the organs of the reproductive system and the gastrointestinal tract.Pain sensations from these areas can radiate the coccyx, resulting in the feeling that the lower spine is hurting.In this case, discomfort occurs with pain in the abdomen, impaired urination, work of the gastrointestinal tract.Women of reproductive age have irregularities in the menstrual cycle.
If you suspect a variety of diseases, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.
To which doctor should
Depending on the cause of the pain you need to contact different specialists.If you do not install it yourself, you should go to a neurologist, during the examination, he will redirect to a more suitable doctor.
If there is a suspicion that the pain is caused by diseases of the reproductive system, they appear during pregnancy or during menstruation, you should consult a doctor - gynecologist.
If the pain occurs after a trauma, stroke, bruise, a surgeon is required.This should not be delayed, injuries can lead to serious consequences, if the pain does not get to walk or the sensitivity disappears, you should call an ambulance.
Than to treat
Treatment of pain syndrome in the coccyx region depends on the cause that caused it.However, if you need to wait until you receive a doctor, but you want to remove the pain immediately, there are several effective and safe methods.
First of all, you can take an analgesic anti-inflammatory drug non-steroidal non-prescription series.These drugs include tablets and suspensions based on Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Nimesulide and their analogues.
Important! How to get rid of pain in the coccyx at home, you can find out here.
If the pain occurs after a bruise or other injury, ice can be applied to the coccyx or a cloth soaked in cold water.It is desirable to lie on your stomach, try to walk less, it is advisable not to move.Even if the pain immediately passed after the measures taken, you should still contact the surgeon.Trauma can not manifest itself immediately, only after some time.
If the discomfort arose against the background of vitamin deficiency, it is necessary to select a vitamin-mineral complex.It is advisable to do this after consulting a doctor and taking blood tests to determine which particular mineral or vitamin the body lacks.After the course of the drug, the pain should completely pass.