Pain in the coccyx during pregnancy
In anticipation of a child, a woman may experience unpleasant sensations in different parts of the back.Why there is pain in the coccyx during pregnancy at different times?What should you do in this situation?
causes of pain in the coccyx in men
Getting rid of pain in the coccyx at home
causes of pain in the coccyx atwomen
pain coccyx when sitting: causes and treatment
Sore throat when swallowing without temperature: causes and treatment
Why the coccyx hurts during pregnancy
Future mothers describe the pain syndrome in the coccyx differently - someone has a sharp pain, others complain of the dull pain that is given in the perineum, the muscles of the thighs and buttocks.Often unpleasant sensations are concentrated in the area of the rectum.
Important! Often pain in the coccyx is a sign of pregnancy that appears before other manifestations.
The main causes of pain in the coccyx:
- In the early stages, stitching in the coccy
- Severe pain in the coccyx occurs due to pinching of nerve endings in the sacral region.
- Causes of discomfort in the lower back can be caused by a deficiency of calcium and magnesium.
- Pain giving to the coccyx may be caused by exacerbation of hemorrhoids, inflammatory processes in the ovaries.
- Scars from previous operations on the anus.
Important! About the causes of pain in the coccyx in women, you can find out more here.
Discomfort in the lower back may indicate cystitis, bladder disease, salt deposition.
If the pain is accompanied by secretions, high temperature, spreads all over the back and stomach, prevents the normal process of urination - you need to immediately call an ambulance.
Important! Find out why the pain in the coccyx in men.
Early onset pain
From the moment of conception, an active hormonal adjustment begins in the body of the woman - estrogen and elastin are produced in large quantities.Under the influence of these substances, the pelvic ligaments lose their density and elasticity, they begin to expand strongly.
Simultaneously, there is a constant increase in the load on the bone, which leads to various changes in the musculoskeletal system.
Why does the coccyx in the first trimester:
- constipation, which often occur in expectant mothers;
- pain in the coccyx and legs may be caused by hernial lesions;
- strong coccyx contusions prior to pregnancy, or directly while waiting for the baby;
- malignant neoplasms in the pelvic organs;
- detachment of the chorion, which leads to the formation of hematomas.
Coccytic pain in later terms
In the second trimester, the fetus begins to grow actively, which leads to a shift in the center of gravity and many internal organs.The weakened uterus exerts a strain on the ligaments that connect the sacrum and pelvic bones, which becomes the cause of the pulling pain in the coccyx region.
As the fetus grows, the diameter of the veins and arteries increases, which leads to an increase in blood flow to the pelvic organs.Expansion of the venous network causes drawing and aching pain in the coccyx region.
In the third trimester the child rests his head in the coccyx, which provokes discomfort in this area.Shooting pain in the coccyx occurs if the baby coughs and sneezes.Pain in the sacrum accompanies the expectant mother with a prolonged sitting or lying position, especially on a hard surface.Discomfort in the lower back arises against the background of birth pains.
Important! Involvement of pain in the sacrum can have an intimate affinity.
To ease the pain, the expectant mother needs to sit on special cushions or an inflatable ring - this will help to reduce the manifestation of the pain syndrome somewhat.
What to do if the coccyx hurts during pregnancy
Many painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs are not allowed during pregnancy, so a woman needs to know the safe methods to eliminate pain.
How to prevent pain:
- try not to walk for a long time, often get up when sitting, or periodically sit down while standing;
- to lift a fallen object you need to squat down - the slopes can aggravate the unpleasant sensations in the lower back;
- shoes with heels should be replaced with more stable models;
- use more products with fiber to prevent constipation;
- supportive bandage will significantly reduce the burden on the spine.
Important! What should I do if I have pain in the coccyx when I sit?In our article you can find out about the causes and treatment of such a symptom.
How to ease the pain
Conventional conservative treatment methods are not suitable for a pregnant woman - massage, manual therapy, physical therapy and therapeutic exercises can worsen the condition of a future mother and negatively affect the condition of the fetus.
Some medicines are approved during pregnancy, but only in the first trimester:
- Paracetamol is an effective remedy against pain and inflammation, it can be taken 3 times a day for 5 days.
- Ibuprofen( tablets) - you can take three times a day for 1 tablet for a week.
- Ibuprofen and Diclofenac( gel) - apply to the sore spot 4 times a day.The duration of therapy is 14 days.
- Diclofenac( suppositories) - use 2 suppositories per day for a week.
Gymnastics for pregnant women
Important! Special gymnastics for pregnant women and exercises on fitbole significantly reduce pain in the coccyx.But before starting the training, you should always consult a gynecologist.You can start training only in the absence of toxicosis.
Complex exercises on fitball:
- It is convenient to sit on the ball, rest hands.In this position, you can make any movements - roll back and forth, make circular motions.
- Sit on the floor, squeeze the sports ball between the knees, it is easy to squeeze it.This exercise helps to strengthen the muscles of the back and legs, which will help prevent tears during pregnancy.
- To sit on the ball, legs spread wide, do inclines to the sides.At the same time, the hand should reach the ankle as far as possible.
- With severe back pain, you need to sit on the fitball, rotate with it in a circle.
Traditional medicine to help
To help a woman during pregnancy will be able methods of alternative medicine.If the pain in the coccyx is not inflammatory, it can be treated with dry heat - salt, cereals, boiled potatoes and eggs.
Important! Parrying and taking hot baths for pregnant women is absolutely contraindicated.
How to prepare an analgesic honey ointment:
- Preheat 30 ml of honey.
- Squeeze 30 ml of radish juice.
- Combine both components, add 30 ml of vodka.
- Apply a thin layer on the lower back, covered with a sterile bandage.
After 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.To conduct therapy within 7 days.
Important! Pain in the coccyx: how to get rid of it at home.Read here.
Lavender oil soothes, relaxes muscles, removes pain.Mix 50 grams of lavender inflorescences with 200 ml of warmed vegetable oil.Remove the mixture for 14 days in a dark place.Rub into the inflamed back area for 7 days.
Compression of geranium
Compress of geranium broth effectively eliminates pain syndrome.Pour 1 liter of boiling water 12 g of crushed leaves.Put the mixture on a low heat, simmer for 5 minutes.In a warm solution, moisten a piece of thin natural tissue, put it on the coccyx.
Many doctors consider pain in the coccyx during pregnancy to be the norm.But the future mother needs to remember the basic rule of mild pregnancy - even minor changes in health should be reported to the doctor.