Tetracycline Ointment: instruction manual, price, reviews, analogs, indications
To treat infectious diseases of the dermis use different antibiotics.One of the bacteriostatic antibiotics is "Tetracycline ointment".The price and instructions for the use of tetracycline ointment, its analogs and reviews about it will be discussed in this article.
Features of the drug
Antibiotic with a wide spectrum of action.It helps suppress the synthesis of protein inside the cells-pathogens.
In this way, a bacteriostatic effect occurs.Active activity of tetracycline hydrochloride on Gram-positive, Gram-negative bacteria is observed.
Whether tetracycline ointment helps with acne, the video will be described below:
Composition of tetracycline ointment
Active ingredient is tetracycline hydrochloride. Formers are:
- sodium sulfite;
- lanolin anhydrous;
Release of the drug tetracycline ointment is carried out, respectively, as an ointment for external use.Her color is yellowish.A specific smell is felt.Contained inside aluminum tubes.Vol
The price is affected by the volume of the tube containing the medication.The cost of a fifteen-gram tube is only 28 rubles.
From what helps, how to lay-smear tetracycline ointment, we will tell below.
A drug from the tetracycline group is used widely in dermatology due to its activity against many pathogens.This antibiotic is used for external use.It suppresses the growth, reproduction of bacteria.
Very valuable is the bacteriostatic effect of the drug in question.It is capable of destroying the complexation that occurs between the RNA( transport) and the ribosome of the bacterial cell.In this case, oppression of protein synthesis is noted.
Activity manifests itself in the presence of infectious diseases of the epidermis, which were provoked by the following bacterial agents:
- Gram-positive ( Streptococcus spp., Listeria spp., Staphylococcus spp., Bacillus anthracis, Haemophilus influenza);
- Gram-negative ( Escherichia coli, Treponema spp., Bordetella pertussis, Mycoplasma spp., Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Rickettsia spp., Klebsiella spp., Chlamydia spp., Enterobacter spp.).
No active effect on Proteus spp., Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Serratia spp., Group A streptococcus( beta-hemolytic).
Due to the exclusively local action, the pharmacokinetic parameters of the medicament have not been studied by specialists.After application on the dermis in the bloodstream the preparation practically does not penetrate.
Let's find out further what helps tetracycline ointment, and whether it is possible to smear it with children.
How to correctly apply the ointment on the eye, the video will be described below:
Used in the therapy of infectious and inflammatory diseases of the dermis, subcutaneous tissue:
- trophic ulcers;
- eczema + joined infection;
- skin infections + productive purulent exudation;
The following is an instruction for the use of tetracycline ointment for children and adults, during pregnancy.
Used externally. It should be applied to the affected areas, and it is also necessary to slightly absorb a healthy dermis, bordering the focus of infection.This precaution is needed to prevent the growth of the affected area. The application runs twice a day.You can use a ready-made bandage, it should be changed after 12 to 24 hours.
- Therapeutic course can last several days or 2 - 3 weeks.Everything depends on the severity of the disease, the reaction of the body, the bacteria on the therapy.
- Children under 8 years of age are not recommended to use this medication.Specialists did not conduct research in this group of patients.Accordingly, no one defined the dose for them.
- Found that the main component affects the color of tooth enamel.If the ointment is used during the development of bone structures, irreversible changes may occur.In newborns, the use of ointment can provoke the development of fatty hepatosis.
Do not use in therapy:
- for children under 8 years;
- patients with hepatic insufficiency;
- patients with gastric ulcer;
- patients with hypersensitivity to any component;
- lesions of the dermis, which has a mycotic nature.
Side effects of
Allergy is possible, which is usually observed in the area of ointment application:
- slight burning sensation.
If any symptom appears, you need to cancel the medication.
The following effects can also be observed:
- of the circulatory system ( thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, hemolytic anemia);
- CNS ( headaches, recurrent dizziness);
- Digestive tract ( intestinal dysbiosis, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, discoloration of the tongue, loss of appetite, dry mouth, nausea, glossitis, diarrhea, anorexia).
- If after several days of use no improvement is found in the patient's condition, a consultation with a specialist regarding the further use of the ointment is required.
- It is necessary to control the work of the liver, hemopoiesis, kidneys with prolonged use of the drug in question.
- It is not recommended to use milk, dairy products when using ointments.They negatively affect the absorption of the antibiotic.
Interaction with other medications
- Simultaneous use with vitamin A can provoke the development of intracranial hypertension.
- Do not use concomitantly with such antibiotics( cephalosporins, penicillins).These drugs are considered antagonists of tetracycline.
- Should be used for long-term use of ointment beer yeast, vitamins K, B. They are necessary for the prevention of hypovitaminosis.
- Concurrent use with colestipol, cholestyramine provokes a decrease in absorption of the main component of the ointment.
- It is undesirable to use ointment with medicines that contain metal ions( Mg K Na).Because of their interaction, complex compounds( chelates), which reduce the effect of tetracycline, arise.
Reviews of the drug tetracycline ointment for barley, for acne and other skin problems read below.
Very often tetracycline ointment is used for eye inflammation, conjunctivitis.It is also very effective in the treatment of diseases of the dermis( infectious).It is used not only in the presence of diseases in humans, but also in pets( dogs, cats).
- Inna.At the wrong time( as usual) popped herpes on the lip.I took advantage of what I had in a friend's first-aid kit.We applied tetracycline ointment quite a thick layer.I was lucky that we began to smear the problem area at the first manifestations of the disease.Literally in two days it all passed.I recommend to try this ointment with a similar problem.
- Alina.Everything was just awful appeared acne.A friend of my mother recommended using tetracycline ointment.We were treated, of course, for a very long time( I would like to be faster), but the effect was obvious.Literally, after 7 - 8 weeks of blackheads, as never happened.This ointment just saved me.
Both analogs in Russia are issued:
- "Tetracycline ointment 3%".
Tetracycline is also a part of Polcortolone.