Acerodermatitis Allopo: signs, treatment, clinical varieties, characteristic
So called dermatitis, which has an unclear nature and affects mainly the fingertips.Experts to the end did not come to one conclusion on the topic: is the disease an independent disease.
Some doctors consider the manifestations of papular acrodermatitis Allopo( not to be confused and atrophic) as a kind of herpetiform impetigo of Gebra.And today we will talk with you about the acne-dermatitis Allopo in children and adults.
Features of the disease
The disease can be identified at any age.Most pathology happens in men.
The peculiarity of the disease is that it starts with a small injury that develops into a local lesion of the fingertip. In future the focus has a tendency to spread to other fingers and in some cases to acquire even larger sizes.
The disease manifests itself in one of three forms.
- The erythematous-squamous type lesions have such signs: the surface of the fingers is dry, red and there are surface cracks on it.On nails, defeat in the form of pits and f
- Vesicle - nail rollers have swelling, their color is inflamed-red.Fingers are deformed in the lesions and bend with difficulty.There are eruptions in the form of vesicles.
- Pustular type expresses itself through the appearance at the fingertips of tension.The color of the affected areas acquires a red-blue shade.Eruptions( pustules) are formed more around the nail plates.The lesion is inclined to spread further along the limb.Pustular type lesions have the following types of manifestation:
- Vegetating - in this case pustules are able to unite into larger plaques that continue to grow at the edges.In the center of such an education, permission may occur-the content is released outside.
- Purulent - the nail ridges swell, get red.Nail phalanx is deformed, becoming clavate.Under the nail plates there is a purulent process.Fingers become painful when bent.On the nails appear pustules, which eventually evolve into scales or crusts.
- Flicky-well - with the development of this form of the disease, the process of shortening of fingers through the phalange mutation can occur.Eruptions can spread to the ears, soles, palms.
- The generalized form is when the disease becomes widespread in the area of the lesion.
We will talk about the persistent causes of acrodermatitis Aloppo below.
Reasons for the occurrence of
The factors that provoke the disease have not yet been identified.There is an assumption that the infectious agent is the culprit, but studies of people who fell ill with acrodermatitis Allopo, did not find this confirmation.
An analysis of the elements of the rash and blood shows no abnormalities regarding the infection.Presumably, the appearance of the disease is affected by a deficiency of zinc in the body.
The disease often initiates a physical injury of a finger of a minor nature.The problem has many forms of manifestation.Common signs of illness:
- Eruptions begin at the fingertips around the nail plate.
- Finger tips change color to red or red with a blue hue.
- Eruptions can be in the form of erythematosquamous, pustular or vesicular elements.
- Nail rollers are edematous, with pressure on the nail from under it can emit pus.
- Deformation of the shape of the phalanx and difficulty in moving the fingers.
- Usually one finger of the arm or leg is affected, more often the thumb.The tendency of the disease to spread to other fingers and even parts of the body.
To determine the type of disease and clarify the form of the manifestation, the specialist, in addition to an external examination, appoints studies in the form of a biopsy.For the analysis, fragments of pustules and their contents are selected.
Treatment of acrodermatitis Allopo
The disease is chronic and has a persistent resistance to treatment.
- It is shown to make a bath with a solution of potassium permanganate.
- Of the methods of physiotherapy, the rays of Bucca or X-ray therapy are prescribed.
From the drugs the patients are prescribed:
- they are sometimes combined with corticosteroids,
- also use sulfonamides.
Prevention of the disease
People suffering from acerodermatitis Allopo, it is recommended to be under the constant supervision of a specialist.The doctor determines when it is necessary to carry out preventive therapy to prolong the periods of remission.
Malignant course of the disease, which is possible with certain types of acrodermatitis, can lead to serious consequences.This: shortening of the fingers due to necrosis and separation of part of the phalanx, prolapse of the nails.
The disease for life is not endangered. Forecast is favorable.Pathology brings a sensitive decrease in the quality of life to the patient's condition.
As the disease is chronic and prone to periodic exacerbations, the extent of its spread may increase.