Than to treat bedsores in bedridden patients: at home, in a hospital
If a person is forced to stay in bed, the first thing to remember is that there is a risk of bedsores.This trouble is easier to warn than to overcome later.
People caring for lying patients, it is useful to get acquainted with the topic of what to do if bedsores did happen.This article is intended to tell you how to deal with pressure ulcers in a recumbent patient, how to treat them, and how to avoid such a problem.
Stages of pathology
Bedsores can appear on the body of a patient already in two hours lying in one pose.Pressing the tissues of the body by the weight of the body to the surface of the bed causes their poor nutrition and is the reason for the disturbance in them of normal processes of vital activity up to necrosis.
Negative processes proceed successively from small reddening to severe purulent wounds.Experts divided the transformations that occur with tissues in bedsores, into four stages.
- The first stage of the is the initial and easiest.If you provide assistance at this stage, you
- That the negative process has passed to the of the second stage of is indicated by the appearance of sores or blisters on the reddened surface.
- On the of the third stage of , inflammation occurs at the site of skin damage.It can result in an open wound filled with pus. In this period of progressing decubitus, the skin on the inflamed focus completely disappears from the necrotic processes taking place in it.The pathological process involves muscle tissue and the fat layer.
- The fourth stage of has the same problems as the third, but with the spread to the deeper layers.The tendons are already damaged, and the inflammatory process can also cover the adjacent bones.
And now let's find out how to get rid of decubitus in a bedside patient.
It is important to note the beginning of bedsore as early as possible in order to take measures to localize and stop the pathological process.
Treatment of decubitus is given depending on the stage at which the pathology is located.And at each stage the patient's help has its own peculiarities.So, how to apply pressure bedsore to a bed-patient, what is the most effective treatment for treatment?
On how to treat pressure ulcers in a bed-ridden patient at home, this video will tell:
First of all, let's talk about the actions and the best medications for decubitus in bedridden patients in the first stage of the disease.
The first stage
When the disease did not come out in its development during the second stage, the help can very well be provided at home.If redness is detected, the patient is rotated so that the place where the problem has been noted does not experience pressure on his surface.
- The problem area is trying to arrange this by turning the patient so that there is no contact either with the bed or with the clothes.If necessary, use special anti-decubitus pads in the form of circles, in which case it can be ensured that the affected area is located on the weight.
- It is allowed to mash places around the redness zone, but the surface of the hyperemic skin should not be massaged.At this stage, small efforts can be made to prevent the development of more severe forms of pressure sores.
- Therefore, it is important to maintain the integrity of the skin, so that the appearance of wound does not occur.
The affected area should be kept dry, it can be lubricated approximately once every two hours by such means:
- sea buckthorn oil,
- camphor alcohol,
- tincture of Japanese Sophora.
About names and prices for creams, sprays, ointments and other medicines for bedsores for bed patients of the second stage read below.
The second stage of
In the second stage, care for the lesion consists of the following actions:
- bedspoon is washed with hydrogen peroxide or chlorhexidine,
- is applied with a bandage made of such materials:
- , one of the ointments is applied to gauze:
- uses special bandages in the form of a self-adhesive( they do not stick to the wound and collect the excretions from it):
- or Tegaderm
- , one of the ointments is applied to gauze:
- can be used for applications, they will require some material costs, but wound healing substancesThe properties included in their composition will significantly accelerate the healing of the affected tissues, an example of such a tool is Multiferm;
- well use hydrogel dressings, for example, Hydrosorb;Such a means maintain the required moisture in the wound surface, act healing and create a sparing regimen for the patient site;
If folk remedies and medicines for bedsores for recumbent patients do not help, then it's worth to see a doctor immediately.
On how the nurse works in the treatment of decubitus in a recumbent patient, this video will be told:
If the negative processes in the bedsore reached the third stage, then from this period, the surgeon needs help to heal them,So it is advisable to stay in the hospital.The third and fourth stage of pressure ulcers differ in the depth of the lesion.
The specialist conducts the following activities:
- wound is cleaned of dead tissue, such actions are necessary to stop the spread of the necrosis process to neighboring areas;
- for a cleaned wound, bandages are applied which are required for the specific case:
- absorbent dressings( Biaten) - if necessary, draw moisture and necrotic masses from the wound;
- wound healing dressings( Protex-TM).
Also a reason for hospital treatment is the situation when pressure sores cause complications.It can be:
- infection in the subcutaneous fat,
- inflammatory infectious process in the bones.
All these conditions are very dangerous and require special treatment in a hospital.Sepsis is a defeat of the whole organism.There is a disease from getting purulent bacteria into the blood.
The cause of sepsis is the mistakes made in caring for purulent wounds.The problem can be fatal.For the treatment of sepsis, specialists apply complex methods with the use of broad-spectrum antibiotics.
- At the stage of infection in the subcutaneous tissue to prevent meningitis or sepsis, an operation is prescribed.
- We also advise you to check with doctors about the prophylaxis of pressure ulcers in bedridden patients.This can be very useful.
On the prevention of bedsores in bedridden patients and their treatment tells in detail this video: