Diaper dermatitis: photos
With diaper rash and rashes on the buttocks in a small child had to face almost all parents.This is due to the peculiarities of skin structure in young children - any friction, moist environment, poor-quality diapers can cause inflammation.Diaper dermatitis on the photo looks like spots and scaling of different sizes, the color can be from pale pink to red.How to avoid dermatitis?What medicines are safe for baby skin?
Treatment dermatitis ointments and creams
Photo of atopic dermatitis in adults: diagnosis and treatment
Photo contact dermatitis: Symptoms and Treatment
Causes and symptoms of exfoliative dermatitis, treatment
Photo of perioral dermatitis: symptoms, causes and treatment
Diaper dermatitis - what is it?
Diaper dermatitis occurs when the skin contacts the diapers, the disease is diagnosed in children up to 2-3 years, until the child learns to control the process of urination.The disease is ubiquitous, occurs in 30-60% of ch
Diaper dermatitis is often a sign or consequence of other pathologies:
- atopic dermatitis - appears on different parts of the body, gradually descends to the groin area, with the child constantly itching;
- abrasions - occur when the diaper size of the diaper is incorrectly selected, pass quickly without any treatment;
- seborrheic dermatitis - appears on the skin of the head in the form of a bright red rash, gradually moves to the buttocks;
- perianal - often occurs in infants who are on artificial feeding, the rash is localized in the anus.
Diaper dermatitis often occurs in bedridden patients - in such people the protective functions of the body are greatly reduced, regeneration processes slow down, any scratch on the skin can cause a pathology.
Important! Sometimes, to eliminate diaper dermatitis, it's enough just to change the diaper brand.
The main reason for the appearance of diaper dermatitis is a prolonged skin contact with a wet diaper.Urine does not evaporate, against the background of exposure to the skin of uric acid and other substances that are part of urine, inflammation begins.Importance is also the simultaneous effect on the skin of urine and feces - this leads to an increase in the damaging effect.
The following factors may provoke the onset of film dermatitis:
- neglect of hygiene regulations;
- allergic reaction to detergents and chemical products;
- individual intolerance to children's cosmetic products;Diapers of poor quality that do not allow air to pass through the
- high temperature and humidity;
- wrong diaper size;
- contact with microbes.
Candida diaper dermatitis occurs in children after antibiotic therapy, often in infants who are on artificial feeding.
The cause of the disease may be some features of the body - atopic predisposition, high content of ammonia in the urine, weak immunity, the presence of aggressive enzymes in the stool.
Important! Many believe that there is irritation from the diaper, but in fact, quality diapers can significantly reduce the incidence of the disease and the extent of its manifestation.
Diaper dermatitis occurs in places of skin contact with feces and urine - buttocks, genitals, inguinal folds.How does candidal dermatitis look like?At the initial stage there are reddening, bubbles, peeling on the skin.If the pathology is left without attention, then the bubbles turn into sores with pus, spread to the back and stomach, there is a strong puffiness.
Signs of diaper dermatitis:
- rash does not pass more than 4 days, has a clear boundary, visible exfoliating layers of the epidermis;
- the kid becomes uneasy, all the time reaches for a diaper, tries to remove it;
- often occurs when a new product is introduced into a child's diet.
The diagnosis is based on external examination, the results of a clinical blood test, analysis of feces for dysbiosis to determine the specific type of pathogen.
When is it urgent to show the child to the doctor?Sometimes diaper dermatitis can be a symptom of serious pathologies.Urgent medical care is needed if the baby's fever has risen, rashes become purple-blue, the child, along with rashes on his skin, began to drop out his hair, there were purulent discharge and ulcers.
Diabetic dermatitis: photo
If the treatment of diaper dermatitis is not started on time, then secondary infections will begin to appear on its background, the inflammatory process will begin to penetrate into the inner layers of the epidermis.
Important! Dr. Komarovsky says that frequent air baths will help cure fast dermatitis at the initial stage.Baby skin has the ability to recover very quickly - if you eliminate the cause of irritation, the disease is like a few days.
How to treat diaper dermatitis in children:
- At the initial stage, the skin should be treated with a 2% solution of zelenka, sprinkle the affected areas with talc instead of talcum powder, but with corn starch, Baneocin powder.
- When diagnosing fungal diaper dermatitis, the doctor will help you choose an antifungal ointment - Ecodax, Travogen.From the first days of life, you can use Nystatin, Pimafucin.Remedies should be applied to clean, dry skin twice a day.The duration of therapy is a week.
- Drying ointments - Tithes.
- Preparations for epithelial repair, improvement of protective functions - Bepanten, D-Panthenol.
- To eliminate itching, burning, you need to lubricate the baby's skin with baby cream.
- Accelerate the regeneration process will help Panthenol Spray - a remedy in the body turns into vitamin B5, Spray can be used to treat infants.
Important! Do not simultaneously use powder and ointment on the same affected areas.
For the treatment of adults, antibacterial agents are used - Nystatin, Levorin.Additionally, tablets and ointments from the class of azoles are prescribed: ketoconazole, Itraconazole.Antifungal ointments and creams should be applied to the skin 2-3 times a day.The duration of therapy is 14 days.
Non-traditional methods of treatment effectively help to rid the child of itching, peeling, decoctions soften the skin, eliminate inflammation.
The most popular method for the treatment of diaper dermatitis is a bath of oats.Brew 250 ml of 25 g of crushed raw material, after half an hour strain, pour into the water to bathe the baby.The duration of the procedure is 15 minutes.
As an emergency aid to eliminate severe itching, you can use raw potatoes - clean the vegetable, grind it in a blender, apply the slurry to the affected areas for 25 minutes, remove the debris with a damp cotton pad.To enhance the effect, the potato mass can be mixed with an equal amount of crushed celery root.
For the treatment and prevention of film dermatitis and other skin eruptions, you can use alternate, chamomile, celandine.Of the herbs you need to prepare an infusion of 20 g of dry raw materials and 220 ml of boiling water, leave in a closed container for half an hour, pour into the tub, bathe the baby.
Hypericum oil helps to quickly cope with inflammatory processes on the skin - grind 30 fresh herbs, pour 200 ml of olive oil, put the mixture in a warm place for 14 days, mix daily.Drug the affected areas twice a day.
Prevention of diaper dermatitis
In addition to timely treatment of dermatitis, it is necessary to know how to prevent the development of the inflammatory process.
- frequent change of diapers and diapers - diapers need to be changed every 3-4 hours regardless of the time of day;
- do not use waterproof diapers - Candidiasis dermatitis always develops in conditions of high humidity;
- choose high quality diapers, purchase them in pharmacies, specialized points of sale;
- after each evacuation of the intestine or bladder of the baby must be washed with warm water with neutral soap.
To avoid skin rashes, the child needs to be dressed in the weather, the air in the room should have optimal temperature and humidity.
Diaper dermatitis is a common disease among young children, but it is in the power of parents to prevent its appearance.The basic rules - to observe hygienic rules, to use high-quality diapers, often to make air baths for the baby.