Immunochemiluminescent analysis: transcript, principles, cost
Conducting any laboratory research allows you to obtain the most complete information on the state of human health.After all, the accuracy of laboratory methods, the use of modern technology and a high degree of informativeness - the main criteria for these methods of analysis.And immunochemiluminescent analysis, representing a variant of the urine or blood test for immune responses of antigens with a specific antibody, has a unique accuracy of the result( about 90%) and allows the greatest amount of information to be obtained during the study.
Immunochemiluminescence analysis can be considered an analog of ELISA, it is carried out on magnetic particles, it has a particularly high sensitivity and specificity.The scope of such an analysis is wide, but it is most often used in the study of the thyroid gland, for the detection of urogenital infections.A feature of the method should be considered the possibility of using it on a par with other laboratory analyzes to increase the amount of information receive
What is the immunochemiluminescence analysis of
Thanks to the continuous development of laboratory research methods, every patient today has the opportunity to obtain comprehensive information about his own health.And immunochemiluminescent analysis, which is a laboratory test, based on the specific interaction of the antigen and antibody, allows supplementing data on the current disease.And because the methods of treatment directly depend on the information received, the effectiveness of the treatment will be associated with the use of the most effective therapeutic and medication regimen for the pathological process when drawing up the most effective.
Usually immunochemiluminescent analysis is used for a comprehensive examination of a patient, and the indications for its use may be different.A high degree of accuracy of the laboratory test makes it possible to avoid any mistakes in the course of treatment, achieving high results in eliminating the characteristic manifestations of the current disease and stabilizing the general condition of the patient.
The possibilities of immunochemiluminescence analysis in laboratory diagnostics of syphilis are described in this video:
To whom it is assigned
The method of interaction of the antibody and antigen can be used to obtain the most detailed picture of the patient's condition in many organic lesions.Thus, the most often immunochemiluminescent analysis is used in the examination of the patient's condition when suspected of the following diseases:
- in the diagnosis of infections of the urogenital area.In this case, the presence of various types of pathological bacteria that can colonize the human genitals is being carried out.A special feature of the method is the detection in the serum of blood of specific substances( immunoglobulins or proteins) that are formed during the life of pathogenic microorganisms;
- for diagnostic examination of the condition and functioning of the thyroid gland, which is responsible for the processes of body growth, metabolism and mental development.In the case of unstable work, it is noted the oppressed state of the nervous system, disruptions in the regulation of the menstrual cycle in women, sudden loss of body weight and instability of the mental state.Therefore, the identification of the cause of these manifestations with the help of immunochemiluminescent analysis is the most accurate among the other diagnostic methods;
- when performing diagnostic tests for various female diseases;
- when prenatal screening of pregnant women, the code determines the degree of production of certain substances by the tissues of the fetus.With the help of the obtained results of the analysis, one can get an idea of the process of fetal development, its functioning and the presence of the initial stages of organic disturbances;
- in the process of diagnosing hepatitis of various types;
- also immunochemiluminescent analysis is used in a comprehensive examination of patients with suspected cancer in different locations;
- an immunochemiluminescent assay can be administered to women during pregnancy to track the degree of fetal development, as well as the presence of probable abnormalities in its development;
- recommends it at a time when pregnancy is planned: the analysis helps to identify reproductive system diseases in women that can have a negative impact on the newborn.It is assigned to conduct this type of research for 2-3 months for the planned bermennosti;
- immunochemiluminescent analysis has proved itself well in the detection of cancer lesions, which is especially often used in diagnosing and determining the stage of the pathological process in the prostate gland in men.
Also, IHL is performed with Quinck's swelling and some other ailments.
For what the principle of immunochemiluminescence analysis is used, we will describe below.
Why do it
- The procedure for immunochemiluminescence analysis is performed when suspicion of a failure in the thyroid gland is observed when a set of characteristic manifestations of imbalance in its work is noted.
- It is also prescribed in a comprehensive examination for the presence of cancer processes in the body, when complaints arise in women for characteristic pain.
- The total antibodies to microorganisms that are the causative agents of syphilis are also detected by immunochemiluminescent analysis.
This test method is indicated for the following thyroid hormones:
- thyroid-stimulating hormone;
- free and common TK;
- detection of antibodies to thyroglobulin;
- polymer chain reaction.
The types of immunochemiluminescence assay are described below.
Types of procedure
There are several common types of this type of laboratory study.They differ in the degree of concentration of the initial solution, in the concentration of the active substance.However, the most commonly used method should be considered a method for detecting the degree of concentration of gonadotropic hormones, which is used for various diagnostic methods.
On whether immunochemiluminescent analysis for syphilis, HIV and other ailments is performed, we will find out below.
The use of such a laboratory test method as immunochemiluminescent analysis is indicated if there is a suspicion of a current oncological process in the body, with concomitant evidence of prostatic disease in men, as well as during pregnancy and in preparation for it.
Immunochemiluminescence analysis is usually used in a complex examination of the patient: this allows you to get the most detailed picture of the current disease, to make the most effective treatment regimen.
It is important to use the method in question when treating people older than 40-45 years, when the degree of effectiveness of the chosen treatment method is evaluated. Many physicians recommend immunochemiluminescent analysis for suspected thyroid disease and worsening of the functioning of the thyroid gland.
This video will tell you how the immunochemiluminescent analyzer performs diagnostics:
However, there are a number of situations and conditions in which this method of laboratory testing can be contraindicated.The most important contraindications include:
- Allergy in the injected antibody.
- Immunity to this type of testing on the basis of specific reactions of the body, as a result of which a false result can be obtained.
- Treatment of the current disease with medication, which can also affect the result of the analysis.
Also a child's age should be considered a contraindication.
Safety of the
The immunochemiluminescence assay is a completely safe procedure, however, during pregnancy it should be performed taking into account the characteristics of the pregnant woman's body to prevent the occurrence of an allergic reaction to antigens.
Also carrying out it is carried out only in the conditions of medical institution and under the supervision of medical staff.
Preparing for the procedure
For the most accurate result, you should prepare correctly for the procedure.The preparation consists of several stages:
- Blood delivery is carried out in the morning, while the patient must be given an empty stomach for blood donation.
- On the eve it is not recommended to receive significant physical and psychological stress, to experience great stress.
- The procedure should come in a flat, calm state.
- Before carrying out immunochemiluminescent analysis, it is recommended that you do not take medications that affect the result.
It should also inform the doctor about the medications, corticosteroids and tranquilizers used in this study method.
- The very procedure of immunochemiluminescence analysis is performed in the procedure room by a nurse.Blood is taken from the ulnar vein, while taking the most comfortable position of the body and trying to relax.
- The doctor takes blood from the vein, which is then sent for analysis.
- Sensations for this procedure correspond to the patient's sensitivity to taking blood from the vein, soreness usually not too strong.
The interpretation of the results of the immunochemiluminescence assay is described below.
Decoding of the results
The decoding takes place in the doctor's office, which conducts the examination of the patient.Today there is a method of automatic decoding of the results obtained with immunochemiluminescent analysis.
The cost of the procedure depends on the pricing policy of the medical institution.On average, the price can range from 12,120 to 24,520 rubles, depending on the number of repetitions of the procedure and a number of concomitant analyzes necessary to clarify the diagnosis.
Automatic Immunochemiluminescent Analyzer Pathfast