Tingling sensation on the skin: causes, treatment, symptoms, classification
A person has the ability to perceive the skin not only with tactile sensations, but also with various body signals from within.Signals can be random, temporary, caused by immediate circumstances or internal diseases.
Some feelings are included in the list of symptoms of specific diseases.One of the examples of sensations on the skin is a feeling of slight tingling, sometimes along with itching, burning, sadness all over the body, about the reasons for which we'll talk today.
What is a tingling sensation in the skin
Tingling on the skin is at least rare, but every person experiences.
- If this sensation emerges after a long time in one position, for example after a night's sleep, and then quickly passes, then this is the normal reaction of the body to the fact that the nerves were in cramped circumstances.
- In case if the tingling on the skin does not have a logical explanation of its origin, moreover, the symptom is often repeated, it is necessary to consult a specialist in order to undergo examinat
From the medical point of view, we feel the tingling when:
- nerve endings do not have the ability to transmit signals to the brain( for example, due to oppression during sleep),
- in the area where there is a tingling sensation, blood circulation is disturbed.
The phenomenon when the skin feels tingling as if with needles, is of the following types:
- throughout the body,
- in separate parts of the body.
For the duration of the symptom, the cases are different:
- of the chronic of the sensation of tingling,
- , the symptom is episodic nature of - a person experiences such signals on the skin sometimes, or they are associated with a temporary specific factor.
To reveal the symptom and cause of pruritus and tingling of the scalp, face, hands, feet, in the genitals, back, tingling of the skin of the chest, abdomen, we will tell below.
Each cell of the body receives nutrition through the circulation.If some part of the body is pressed, for example, by the weight of the body during sleep, the blood circulation in this area becomes difficult, and numbness can be felt.Restoration of the blood flow will signal tingling on the skin for a while.
In the elderly due to slowing processes, including blood circulation, there may be constantly present tingling and numbness symptoms on the skin( chronic manifestation).A person may experience discomfort, malaise.To determine what feelings make up the picture of ailment and with what they are most often associated, the patient should be more careful about the different body signals.
Possible causes of tingling on the skin throughout the body and in different places are described below.
If the appearance of tingling on the skin is not simple and understandable for a person suffering from this problem, the symptom may be a manifestation of the disease:
- diabetes mellitus,
- functional abnormalities in liver function,
- bone system diseases: joints and spine;
- tumors of a malignant nature,
- cardiovascular disease,
- trauma of various nature,
- carpal tunnel syndrome,
- circulatory disturbances in the brain of an acute nature,
- an inflammatory disease that is able to initiate the effect of squeezing nerves,As well as pathological formations;
- malfunctions of the thyroid gland,
- Raynaud's disease,
- ear barotrauma,
- cold allergy;
- anaphylactic shock;
- bullous dermatitis,
- alcohol dependence of severe form,
- herpes of various types( shingles, simple and genital herpes),
- mental illness.
To understand how to proceed with tingling on the skin, you need to find out the cause of this phenomenon.Should be alerted if the symptom is always on one side of the body, and a bad sign is the presence of other accompanying symptoms:
- darkening in the eyes,
- muscle spasms,
Specialists will conduct a survey to find the cause of tingling on the skin.If necessary, the following methods can be used:
- cardiac electrocardiogram,
- magnetic resonance tomograph,
- blood test,
- it is possible to perform analysis of cerebrospinal fluid, nervous tissue, skin areas.
If the examination detects a violation that manifests itself through a tingling symptom on the skin, a treatment course is prescribed to stabilize the condition and prevent possible unwanted consequences, for example, stroke.
When the sensation of tingling is caused by cases that do not have underlying underlying illnesses, then simple rules should be followed to make this phenomenon less common:
- to increase the body's payloads( consult a doctor) to improve blood circulation,:
- visit to the massage cabinet,
- and also the gym;
- if a person is forced to lead a sedentary lifestyle, then it is necessary:
- often do warm-ups,
- follow the posture,
- eliminate leg posture;
- should not stay long in one pose, do workouts;
- dress with the account that the limbs are not supercooled;
- in clothes to refuse elements that can squeeze the body: belts, tight styles of dresses or shirts;Try to wear clothes made from natural fabrics.