Abstinence syndrome with alcoholism
Addiction to alcohol occurs with the constant use of alcoholic beverages and is considered a disease that is characterized by three stages.An abstinence syndrome with alcoholism is a combination of different symptoms and degrees of severity, which manifests itself as a violation of the physical and mental plan at stages 2 and 3 of chronic alcoholism.It occurs when the intake of the next dose of alcohol in the body stops or when its dosage is reduced.
coding methods for alcoholism
We treat alcoholism house traditional methods to quickly and easily
Alcohol Treatment hellebore water
Symptoms of beer alcoholism
Why is incurable female alcoholism?
The concept of withdrawal
In contrast to the standard hangover symptoms that pass for a day, the withdrawal syndrome with alcoholism lasts for 5 days and disappears when taking alcohol.To leave independently from such condition the alcoholic can not, it will require medical aid.
The cause of the syndrome is the intoxication of blood by the products of the decomposition of ethanol, which can accumulate in the liver and intestines and poisons the body.
A healthy person with rare alcoholic beverages consumes enzymes - neutralizers of toxic substances.In chronic alcoholics, the organs that produce enzymes are damaged and can not neutralize a large number of toxic substances that are absorbed through the blood and spread across all organs.There is a chronic defeat of the body.
Answering the question what it is, the abstinence syndrome can be characterized as a condition after a long drinking-bout, with the loss of a person's ability to work, the appearance of auditory and visual hallucinations, the manifestation of aggression, psychosis.
With mental dependence a person thinks that without alcohol he will not be comfortable, so he drinks to improve his psycho-emotional state.Physical dependence induces a person to increase the dose of alcohol, and the constant need for it.
Symptoms of withdrawal depend on the duration of chronic alcohol poisoning( months, years) and the degree of CNS damage.
The main symptoms include unbearable headache( increased intracranial pressure, vasospasm occurs), tremor( trembling) of the hands and whole body, nausea and vomiting, refusal to eat, cramps, tachycardia.Also, the signs of the disease are different types of arrhythmia, dyspnea, salivation, involuntary urination or, conversely, urinary retention.
Alcoholism is a chronic disease with three stages of severity of development.In the 1st stage a person can not give up alcohol, a hangover here lasts for several hours.
How long does alcohol withdrawal last?In the 2nd stage, the syndrome, with pronounced hangover symptoms, lasts from 2 to 5 days.At stage 3 is characterized by constant drinking, abstinence is characterized by complications that can result in death.
The patient has blushing eyes sclera, skin of the face, upper body;There are swelling, dilated pupils, AD, dizziness;There is sweating, pain of the right hypochondrium and the stomach area with exacerbation of chronic diseases;Coordination of movements is disrupted.Later, convulsions, cold sweat may join, the alcoholic is unable to walk himself, cardiovascular insufficiency occurs, and some parts of the body( the lips, the tip of the nose) become blue.
With chronic alcohol abuse in a state of abstinence, patients are characterized by neurological and mental signs.There is psychomotor agitation or, on the contrary, weakness and fatigue, increased irritability.
Thinking is broken, attention and concentration are dissipated, sleep is short or goes into insomnia, there is inadequate perception of the surrounding world, there is asthenia.The patient is disturbed by nightmares, hallucinations, phobias, aggression, there is alcohol delirium, psychosis.
The degree of severity of alcohol withdrawal symptoms is:
- Light degree - a person is broken and unable to concentrate on simple things, inattentive, a symptom of "running eyes" is observed.
- The average degree is characterized by insomnia, tachycardia, shortness of breath, refusal to eat, a possible hallucinogenic condition.
- Severe degree adds all the symptoms of the average plus the patient appears increased sweating, seizures, the inability to retain eye contact.
Important! After long drinking-bouts, with the presence of auditory and visual hallucinations, drug therapy, in the patient's interest, is conducted in a hospital under the guise of sedative( sedative) drugs!
Consequences of the abstinence syndrome for the body are characterized by abnormalities in the functioning of organs and systems - the heart, liver, kidneys, brain vessels, pancreas, intestines, and household injuries( during seizures).
The following complications are typical:
- alcoholic delirium;
- hepatic or renal failure, jaundice, toxicosis, cholecystitis, pancreatitis, cirrhosis;
- cardiomyopathies, muscular dystrophy;
- aspiration pneumonia;
- bleeding internal organs( stomach, intestines, hemorrhoids);
- relapse of somatic diseases;
- brain edema and death.
Warnings against complications are possible only in the hospital.
Alcohol delirium with abstinence syndrome
Abstinence syndrome by the 4th day of symptoms is often characterized by psychosis.Alcohol delirium( white fever) is a very dangerous condition that can result in death.Delirium is characterized by hallucinations, excitement, insomnia.
How does the white fever manifest itself?There are deceptions of auditory and visual perception, voices in the head, delirium.The patient is lost in time, sees strangers, animals, strange events, his thoughts are distorted, memory is broken, depressive moods arise.Alcoholic depression is characterized by pronounced anxiety, panic, thoughts of suicide.Behavior of alcoholics in delirium individually.
Clinical signs of delirium are headache, broken speech, convulsions, vomiting, red upper half of the trunk, high blood pressure, hyperthermia, tachycardia, tremor of hands, sweat with an unpleasant odor.
In an outpatient setting( at home) to a patient in this state, close people can help before the arrival of doctors with such activities:
- try to put the patient in bed( even sometimes tied) to avoid injury to him and others;
- to give a sedative( Valerian, Motherwort) or any sleeping pills( if any);
- put the patient on his head with a cold towel or ice, give a drink a lot of any liquid( or water), and if possible, then pour a cold shower;
- call a doctor and stay with the person before the doctor's visit.
Upon arrival of the ambulance team, the patient is provided with the necessary therapy in the form of withdrawal of symptoms of intoxication, and is sent for treatment to a narcology clinic or specialized department of a psychiatric dispensary.
On the way to the hospital, the alcoholic excitation is stopped by intravenous injection of sodium oxybutyrate, Sibazone;5% solution of Glucose and Vitamin C, Sodium Hydrocarbonate, Reopoliglyukin, Panangin.
If necessary, normalize the breathing process, eliminate hemodynamic disorders, contribute to the disappearance of hyperthermia, and prevent prophylaxis of cerebral edema( Furosemide, Lasix).
In the hospital, a patient is assigned a laboratory express blood test for alcohol.Then do all the necessary research.They take measures to prevent or eliminate various complications, administer vitamins, administer concomitant diseases and use drugs for the treatment of alcoholism, which require mandatory medical supervision by a specialist.
Clinical recommendations and therapy of withdrawal symptoms for alcoholism are under the control of an expert in narcology.The specialist observes the patient and determines the progress of the improvement.How long does the recovery last?Inpatient the patient can stay up to 3 weeks.
How to remove this condition is known only by a doctor, he also determines the dosage of medications.The narcologist, according to the examination, the anamnesis, the given analyzes and the assessment of the general condition of the patient, will select the necessary treatment, and take into account the presence of somatic diseases.
The abstinence syndrome begins with the restoration of the functions of the nervous system, which in each case individually.The treatment of such patients is complex and requires for them, in addition to medical and psychological assistance.
Therapy of abstinence consists in the abolition of the intake of alcoholic, drip-introducing solutions that remove toxins from the blood.Treat with an allergic medical history.
- Use sedative, hypnotic, vasodilating drugs in the form of tranquilizers - grandaxin, medichronal, diazepam, tazepam, phenazepam.Grandaxin( Tofizopam) eliminates the disorders of the autonomic nervous system.Medohronal is an excellent sedative, removes insomnia, reduces psychoemotional stress and a pronounced vegetative disorder.Diazepam has a pronounced anticonvulsant effect.
- Introduce means of dehydration, saline solution and diuretics, glucocorticoids, sometimes, antibiotics, liver enzymes, as well as cardiovascular drugs.
- Beta-blockers( Propranolol), calcium antagonists( Nifedipine), magnesium preparations( Magnesia sulfate), anticonvulsants( carbamazepine sodium valproate) are used.
- Use Proroxane on electrophoresis with Electroson.Several such treatment sessions facilitate the patient's condition twice as fast.
- Assign oxygen phytotherapy with a base of egg and herb protein( dog rose, St. John's wort, chamomile, etc.), which for a couple of hours removes psycho-emotional and physical discomfort, normalizes blood pressure and heart function.
- The vitamins, especially the B group, are given.
Modern medicine has a huge selection of drugs that suppress the patient's general agonizing condition, gradually eliminating cravings for alcoholic beverages.
Traditional medicine also has a huge arsenal of combating abstinence.At home make natural juices from grapefruit, beets, carrots, apples, make grass.Give honey, dishes from cabbage, boiled oat jelly or broth, porridge.
The alcoholic must have a desire to be cured, then the result of the struggle with abstinence will be noticeable in a short time.