Toxidermy: symptoms and treatment with folk remedies, causes
Being one of the most insidious types of lesions of the skin, toxidermy is considered the most difficult in the treatment of the kind of skin disease that occurs due to the defeat of the upper layer of the epidermis by a certain allergen.In this case, the method of exposure to a substance that causes a pathological reaction is not a direct effect on the skin as in the case of other types of skin lesions, but the penetration of the allergen through the bloodstream.Penetration from within causes a lot of difficulties in diagnosing pathology and in determining the most effective method of drug exposure.
Toxidermia is accompanied by numerous skin lesions, and the degree of manifestation of the disease depends on the susceptibility of the organism to a certain substance and the area of exposure to the allergen.In this article we will consider photos of patients with drug and other types of toxemia, examine the symptoms and treatment of such a disease.
Features of the disease
The symptomatology can be c
Also, when there is toxicum, there is a sharp lesion of the skin, the rate of manifestation of the pathology depends on the degree of decrease in the immunity of the patient's body( the disease is almost always manifested in the decline of the protective function of the patient's body), susceptibility to the allergen and the presence of concurrent diseases.
- The emergence of this pathology can occur in all age categories, but the most common toxicemia occurs between the ages of 45-48.
- Physicians also recorded cases of manifestations of toxemia in young children.The frequency of detection of the disease in women and men is approximately the same.
Today the physicians identify 4 main types of this skin lesion, which differs in the cause and type of the allergen that penetrated the bloodstream and caused the disease.
The classification is carried out as follows:
- The medicinal variety of toxemia is characterized by exposure to the patient's body of certain medications that caused the disease.It can be both potent agents and vitamin complexes: antibacterial drugs, vitamins of group B.
- Alimentary form is usually manifested when a certain food product is received, which contains substances provoking the disease such as flavors and dyes, as well as preservatives.
- Occupational toxemia, accompanied by the ingestion of an allergen into the bloodstream of harmful chemicals commonly associated with the patient's occupational activity.It can be benzene, a couple of ammonia.
- Autotoxic form of the disease is characterized by the poisoning of the patient's body by products formed as a result of the current chronic disease, for example, damage to the liver and kidneys.
Due to the above classification it becomes possible to assign a disease to a certain type, which makes it possible to determine the type of allergen and to exclude it as quickly as possible from contact with the patient.This helps prevent the development of more advanced stages of the disease, which are more difficult to treat.
What is the toxidermy, this video will tell:
Causes of toxicidemia
Toxidermy has various causes.They are reflected in the classification of the disease, and they can be divided as follows:
- infectious diseases of the body, which dramatically reduce the degree of efficiency of the immune system.;
- use of certain medications that contain an allergen;
- penetration of the allergen into the bloodstream of chemicals when working with them or with food( these include preservatives, flavors);
- lesions of a malignant nature, which include cancer diseases, AIDS.
Also, the combination of the listed causes or a combination thereof is attributed to the causes of the development of toxicidemia.
- To the manifestation of this disease include the appearance of altered skin areas with a pronounced sensitivity, while the surface of such areas can be smooth, ulcerated, uneven, and it may have peeling of varying intensity.
- The lesions can be of different sizes, their location is different: most often such manifestations of toxicermy are located in the area of skin folds, in the knee and elbow folds, on the lower back.
- Also the manifestations of the disease include the appearance of pustules, seals on the skin, the mucous membranes also suffer: the genital area and the anus are becoming very sensitive and painful.
With the advanced stages of the pathological process, the penetration of the lesion into internal organs is also probable, which requires immediate hospitalization of the patient and active treatment to prevent the possibility of negative consequences of the disease.
Fixed toxicidermia in children
For the detection of this pathology such diagnostic measures as scraping of damaged skin, biopsy, general and biochemical blood tests, urinalysis, andWith suspected involvement of internal organs - ultrasound and MRI.
We learn about whether the toxemia in children and adults can be treated with traditional and folk remedies.
The method of treatment of toxemia, like any other type of allergic reaction, is determined by the attending dermatologist after the diagnosis of the patient's condition.Also taken into account its age, the degree of weakness of the body and the susceptibility to the treatment.
Treatment can be divided into therapeutic and medication.
At the onset of symptoms accompanying the course of toxicermia, the root cause of this condition should be eliminated - the allergen that penetrated into the bloodstream upon contact with it. To do this, cleansing enemas are used, cleansing the affected surfaces with disinfectant and drying preparations.
When wet areas appear in the area of the lesion, the use of whips and ointments with drying properties is prescribed, with severe and profound skin lesions, hormonal ointments that restore the structure of the skin and eliminate lesions are used.However, their use should be limited to 5-7 days of use.
If the lesion is severely affected and the pathological process spreads to the internal organs, the patient is prescribed hospitalization with mandatory bed rest.To relieve the itching and burning of the skin, the victim is prescribed a dropper with antihistamine drugs to reduce the symptoms of the disease.
Blood and plasma cleansing is also used, which helps to eliminate the allergen from the body.
In the treatment of toxicermis, surgery is usually not required.
Prevention of disease
- As prevention, it may be recommended to exclude from the menu food products that may contain preservatives, flavors, chemical compounds, and also in contact with household chemicals, to exclude its inhalation and skin contact.
- It will also be correct to reject bad habits, such as smoking, drinking alcohol.
- Regular preventive examination with a doctor for the purpose of identifying chronic diseases will support immunity at the required level and will exclude the possibility of occurrence of any diseases associated with allergic manifestations.
In case of insufficient treatment, toxidermia can have such complications as damage to internal organs with deterioration in their functioning, a decrease in the overall immunity of the patient and an increase in his susceptibility to other diseases.
- Detection of toxemia at an early stage allows you to quickly eliminate the symptomatic symptomatology and avoid possible complications.The prognosis in this case will be a positive prognosis: the survival rate for 5-year period is from 92 to 98%.
- At the beginning of treatment at later stages, the prognosis is slightly different: 82-91%.
- In the absence of treatment and assistance to the patient with the development of toxicidemia, the probability of a lethal outcome is high: 97%.