Solar burns: signs, treatment, symptoms, prognosis, diagnosis
In summer, the topic of sunburns is especially relevant.People relax, work under the sun, which not only saturates the body with an important vitamin D, but can also cause burns on the dermis.A sunburn can be obtained by tanning on the sea, by nature, working at the dacha, vegetable garden, construction site( roof of houses), etc.So, let's look at the sunburn and heat strokes in a child and an adult.
What is a sunburn
A sunburn is represented by inflammation of the dermis, the cause of which lies in the excessive exposure to the sun's rays( ultraviolet radiation). You can also get a burn in the solarium, from various light sources.
A sunburn can have various external manifestations( minor redness, slight swelling, the appearance of large, multiple blisters containing a clear, yellowish liquid).After the appearance of blisters, the upper layer of the dermis grows bare.
The risk of sunburn depends on such factors:
- depth of injury;
- duration of exposure to rays;
- skin type;
About the symptoms that have sunburn, we will tell below.
Sunny face burn( photo)
A noticeable sunburn is not immediately apparent, but only after some time( 8 to 12 hours).The lesion is manifested as:
- is slightly injured;
- loss of moisture;
- increased sensitivity.
Peel is usually flaky on the 4th - 7th day after receiving a sunburn.
If the degree of sunburn obtained is easy, it will pass without serious consequences.In this case, they can provoke the appearance of malignant tumors, photodermatoses).In the event that the degree of burn is heavier, such non-healing defects on the dermis may occur:
When exposed to sun rays on the dermis, a variety of pigmented neoplasms( benign) can arise:
- nevi .These pigmentation spots occur in different parts of the body.They are dangerous transformation into melanoma( malignant tumors).Therefore, if they are available, it is necessary to observe with a specialist;
- lentigo .This manifestation is observed in adulthood.
The effects of sun rays can trigger a variety of photodermatoses:
- solar urticaria;
- solar dermatitis( polymorphic);
- phototoxic reactions;
- Lupus Erythematosus;
- summer sunny dermatitis( benign).
Next, the first aid for a sunburn is considered, and then - it is treated at home.
This video tells about the degrees and features of sunburn:
The first aid for the affected dermis( red, inflamed) is considered a moist compress.To sustain such a compress should be within 15 - 20 minutes on the area affected by sunlight.If possible, experts recommend taking a bath, the water temperature in which corresponds to room temperature.
To alleviate the condition after getting sunburn, you can use one of the many folk ways:
- rub the place of the burn with aloe juice;
- take a bath in which soda is present, starch.
You can also use these burns:
- decoction of oak bark;
- sour cream;
- chamomile broth;
- St. John's Wort;
- raw potatoes;
- brewed tea.
If you notice a sunburn, go into the shade.This is the first thing you can do for sore skin.The burned dermis needs cooling, which is performed without the contrast of temperature.It is recommended to apply several compresses during the day, take a bath.
We will tell you about what to do with sunburn and how to treat it, below.
About the sunburn and heat stroke in the child will tell Dr. Komarovsky in the video below:
Follow-up treatment at home
If sunburns are of minor severity, the area of injury, their treatment can be done on their own at home.In some cases, you should contact a specialist for assistance.Medical help is needed in such cases:
- If there are blisters on the dermis.
- In the presence of severe damage to the dermis of the face.
- In the event that the burn covers about 50% of the body.
- With fever, nausea, headaches.They can point to a sunstroke.
For creams, ointments and other remedies for weak and severe sunburn, see below.
There are many drugs in pharmacies that you may need after receiving sunburn.The action of these funds is directed to:
- pain relief;
- softening of the dermis;
- moistening of the skin;
- inhibition of the inflammatory process.
Positive effect on the inflamed dermis is provided by such active substances that are included in various medications:
- Hydrocortisone .It is a hormone of the adrenal cortex.It is responsible for the exchange of carbohydrates, proteins.The substance is used to create ointments that help reduce itching, inflammation, swelling.Medications with this drug reduce soreness after a sunburn.
- Panthenol from sunburn.This substance is represented by a vitamin, which was diluted with water.This vitamin is considered a component of coenzyme A. This substance promotes cell regeneration.The drug is contained in aerosols, ointments.This drug covers the dermis with a film, thus protecting it from external factors, stimulating the recovery process.
- Analgesics , which are presented by analgesics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
To help relieve symptoms that indicate a sunburn, experts recommend using tools from the following groups:
- Medications with steroid hormones .Their effect is manifested in the rapid removal of itching, inflammation.They are safe for external use( short).This group includes: ointment "Ftorokort", cream "Elokom", lotion "Elokom".
- Local anesthetics ( menthol, lidocaine, anestezin).This group includes: spray "Amprovisol", "Luan gel".
- Antihistamines .The effect of these non-hormonal drugs is aimed at suppressing the release of "mediators of inflammation".Thanks to them, inflammation, itching is eliminated.Gel "Bamipin", ointment "Ketocin", gel "Fenistil".
- Antiseptics should be used in the presence of bubbles.Means with miramistin, chlorhexidine, sulfadiazine silver are needed to prevent infection.They are contained in: cream "Sylveder", "Agrosulfan", "Miramistin ointment".
- Agents that accelerate the healing of should not be used in the first hours after the defeat of the dermis.They are used after an acute period has passed."Lifusol"( with linseed oil), spray "Olazol"( contains sea buckthorn oil), "Solcoseryl ointment".
- Dextpanthenol is a derivative of pantothenic acid.It is necessary to accelerate regeneration, reduce inflammation."Bepanten", "Pantesol", "Pantenol".
For treatment of edema after a sunburn and the burn itself, read below.
Therapeutic treatment of sunburn is the treatment of the most problematic areas.If a burn is on your face, it is recommended to take a compress with green tea.You can also apply a wet towel( it should be soft).
Specialists do not recommend using cooling gels, ointments to treat the dermis in sensitive areas of the dermis. On the face, hypersensitivity is given to the nose, chin, cheeks.Also very sensitive is the dermis of the ears, shoulders, neck.
Do not use for treatment of sunburn on these areas with ointments containing such substances:
Also not worth the oil( from sunburn).They only significantly slow the healing.
- After carrying out compresses, it is recommended to treat the skin with a spray, a special cream with a moisturizing effect.After applying the moisturizer, you need to give the affected skin peace.It is necessary to watch, that on it sun rays did not get.When manifesting weakness, fatigue, you need to take "Paracetamol", "Aspirin".
- An excellent way to help the burned dermis is by taking a cool shower, a bath cooked with a vinegar solution( weak).To calm the dermis, you can use lotions with tinctures of calendula, chamomile, oak bark.
- If you have signs of dehydration( dry mouth, fever, nausea, headache) you need specialized help.You can call a doctor, go to a medical facility.
On the prevention of sunburn will tell this video: