Symptoms of arthritis, treatment and folk remedies
Arthritis is a disease of the joints, accompanied by their inflammation, the symptoms and treatment of which are as clearly described in the medical literature.The name of the disease comes from the word "athron", which in Greek means "joint."
During arthritis, inflammatory changes occur in the inner joint synovium.In this place there is a development of synovitis, often an inflammatory effusion - exudate - begins to accumulate.
Modern medicine means by arthritis a whole group of diseases, united by common signs and features.The main clinical manifestations of the disease are swelling and pain.Similar problems suggest that the cartilaginous tissue is affected, which is accompanied by changes in the joint capsule.In this case, a person experiences pain in them and there is a restriction in the movement.
Causes of arthritis
How does arthritis develop, and what is it?The disease can occur due to various factors, including joint wear, which occurs with time.
The development of pathology is also promote
Arthritis and arthrosis - what's the difference?
The names of these joint diseases are consonant, but the accompanying symptoms, pathological process and treatment are different.So what's the difference, let's understand:
- Arthrosis, or deforming osteoarthritis( DOA) - is a chronic degenerative disease that flows undulating.One of the main characteristics of this disease is the destruction of the cartilaginous tissue in the joint.
- Arthritis, on the contrary, is an inflammatory disease of the whole organism;And inflammation of the joints in arthritis - only the "tip of the iceberg", under which are hidden some other processes occurring inside the body.
Osteoarthritis and arthritis are characterized by the nature of pain and discomfort during movements, concomitant symptoms and age of patients.
In modern medicine, it is common to subdivide a disease into several types, the symptoms and methods of treatment of which will depend directly on the type of arthritis and the causes that caused it.
- Rheumatoid - it accounts for more than 45% of diseases in which the causative agent is staphylococcal infection.
- Gouty - it's also "gout."A fairly common form of the disease, associated with the deposition in the body of salts and uric acid.
- Reactive - develops after the diseases and is accompanied by severe pain.
- Rheumatic - inflammation of the joints caused by rheumatism.In this case, the temperature rises, the elbows, knees and hip joints become bloated and blush.
- Traumatic - affects the largest joints, which are the greatest load: shoulder, elbow, knee, ankle.
- Infectious - most often caused by intestinal infections( typhoid fever, salmonellosis, dentitions).
- Psoriatic is a chronic joint disease caused by psoriasis.
- Chlamydia - caused by chlamydial infection after suffering urethritis, pneumonia, prostatitis and other inflammatory processes.
Arthritis can often lead to disability.If the first manifestations of the disease occur, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Symptoms of arthritis
Arthritis, the first symptoms of which are most often felt on small joints, for example, fingers or toes.Many experts believe that this disease was initially directed to them.
Symptoms of arthritis can include redness, swelling and a change in the structure of the joint, which can lead to damage, pain and loss of joint function.
The main signs of arthritis, which should alert an adult:
- joint pain;
- swelling in the joint region;
- swelling of the joints;
- stiffness and limitation of movements in the joint region;
- redness of the skin around the joint;
- numbness of the joints, especially in the mornings;
- local temperature increase.
A person with arthritis quickly becomes fatigued, with the pain intensified when the patient is physically stressed, sometimes the joints "crunch".In the analysis results, there is an increase in the number of leukocytes and ESR, and the presence of a c-reactive protein can also be observed.Unfortunately, the same type of symptomatology for different causes of the disease makes it difficult to accurately and timely diagnose.
Treatment of arthritis
First of all, the treatment of a disease depends on the nature and causes of the illness.In general, the treatment of arthritis is aimed at reducing pain, eliminating inflammation and preventing the progress of the disease.
And so, how to treat arthritis and what are the most important therapies?Basically, these main components are used:
- Pharmacological methods of treatment: use of anti-inflammatory non-steroid ointments, creams and gels;Intra-articular injection of glucocorticosteroids.
- Vitaminotherapy, the reception of macro and microelements, diet therapy, the reception of amino acids( methionine, arginine), necessary for the construction of new tissues.
- Non-pharmacological methods of treatment: selection of orthopedic footwear, reduction of stresses on joints, getting rid of bad habits, therapeutic exercises, massage, hydrotherapy, acupuncture and electric stimulation of muscles.
- Surgical methods of treatment or arthroplasty are used only in the most neglected forms of arthritis.
- In the case of complicated forms, the introduction of stem cells can be used.
People suffering from this disease will be useful to go in for swimming or ordinary hiking.In addition, they need to adhere to a special diet, about which we'll talk just below.
How to treat arthritis with folk remedies
In addition to traditional methods, arthritis can be treated with folk remedies.There are a lot of recipes in the arsenal of folk healers.However, when starting home treatment, you need to be patient.
- Take 1 tbsp.L.Salt and dissolve in a glass of boiled water.In a small mold freeze in the freezer.The resulting ice should be placed on the affected joint and kept until completely thawed.Without flushing, wrap the joint for 3-4 hours with a woolen scarf( handkerchief).
- Treatment with a mixture of juices - grind one medium beet, one large apple and 2 carrots.Squeeze the juice from the pulp, add a third of a teaspoon of ginger powder, carefully mix all the ingredients and drink during the day, 3 portions of this mixture.
- Twenty tubers of cyclamen must be welded in 10 liters of water.For one procedure, 1 - 2 liters of decoction is enough.Such therapeutic baths for hands and feet should be done daily for 30 minutes until the condition improves.
- Take the bay leaf packing and half it into a saucepan.Pour 300 ml of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.After wrap it up better and let it brew for three hours.After 3 hours, strain and drink before bed.And so 3 days in a row.In a week it is necessary to repeat the course.
- We take the flowers of black elderberry - 1 part.Birch leaves - 4 parts.Willow bark - 5 parts.Shredded ingredients are mixed, 1 tablespoon of the mixture is poured into a glass of boiling water.The infusion is wrapped up.Half an hour later the product is ready.You need to take half a glass of infusion 4 times a day before meals.
- This method consists in laying mustard plasters on a sore spot to warm up the joints, thus relieving the patient of pain.
Diet for arthritis
Adults with different forms of arthritis are recommended a special diet that helps reduce acidity.
It is recommended to include in your diet:
- fresh vegetables and fruits;
- freshly squeezed juices;
- mackerel, trout, salmon;
- fish oil;
- mineral water;Dairy products of
A balanced diet for arthritis should be rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids from the Omega 3 group and have an anti-inflammatory effect.
It should be removed from the diet strong tea, coffee, reduce alcohol consumption.Abandon the use of meat, mushroom and fish broths;All kinds of smoked products;Salted and fried fish;Caviar;All varieties of legumes.Lovers of muffins, chips and jams will have to choose between their health and food preferences.
The main thing to remember: a diet for arthritis and arthritis should be balanced, low-calorie, and also contain vitamins and minerals.