How to treat staphylococcus in the nose and throat
Staphylococcus in the nose is the presence in the nasal mucosa of a bacterium capable of causing a purulent-inflammatory disease.
There are more than 20 varieties of Staphylococcus aureus, most of which are permanent companions of humans and are normally present on the mucous membranes, including the nose.
At the same time, many staphylococci are absolutely harmless, only three kinds provoke the development of diseases.The most common among them is Staphylococcus aureus.It does not pose a danger to a person until there is a weakening of his immunity.
Treatment of staphylococcus in the nose depends on the symptoms, and consists in the use of antibiotics, bacteriophages, immunomodulators.
How can I get infected?
Very often staphylococcus affects the nasal mucosa.You can get infected with bacteria in any public place, especially in polyclinics, hospitals and even the hospital.
Transmission of staphylococcal infection occurs in such ways:
- by airborne droplets;
- when using personal items of the pat
- during fetal development of the child, during labor or lactation;
- use of not fresh or thermally unprocessed food;
- during injections or other medical procedures that take place within the walls of a medical institution.
Infection is manifested by purulent wounds in the nose, but the disease can be complicated by sinusitis or even meningitis, so treatment of staphylococcus in the nose does not accept self-treatment.
The most common bacteria are:
- Staphylococcus aureus, which is precisely due to its amber coloring received such a name.
- Epidermal staphylococcus , loving to live on the skin and shells of the body, producing a mucus.
- Saprophytic staphylococcus , which actively resides in the genitourinary system.
- The haematological form of is a staphylococcus, which has a particular activity falling into the bloodstream.
Symptoms of staphylococcus in the nose
The nose and throat is one of the most "favorite" places of colonization of staphylococci in the human body.For the presence of staphylococcal infection in the nasal cavity may indicate certain symptoms( see photo):
- nasal congestion;
- reddening of the mucous epithelium lining the nasopharynx;
- elevated body temperature;
- prolonged, non-treatable runny nose;
- atrophy of nasopharyngeal epithelium;
- general intoxication( in some situations - toxic shock).
In some cases, infection of the nasopharynx with staphylococcus can be accompanied by the appearance on the nasal mucosa of small pustular formations.
To determine the bacterium of staphylococcus carry out sowing.The patient also takes a blood test.Thus, a conditionally pathogenic microflora is revealed in the nasopharynx of the patient.
The patient is taken from a nasal smear on staphylococcus, laboratory tests are carried out with the help of enzyme immunoassay.After studying the results of the analysis, the patient is diagnosed.
In addition, tests for the sensitivity of staphylococcus to antibacterial drugs are carried out.In many cases, staphylococcus is not sensitive to the effects of antibiotics.
Treatment of Staphylococcus aureus in the nose and throat
It is necessary to know that treatment of this disease should be started only if the presence of bacteria in the nasal mucosa leads to the development of inflammation and the occurrence of diseases: sinusitis, acute and chronic rhinitis, and other pathological disorders.Therefore, the patient must necessarily give a smear on staphylococcus from the nose, which will show the clinical picture of the disease.
How to treat staphylococcus in the nose and throat?Before the initiation of therapy, the following circumstances should be considered::
- Staphylococcus easily develops resistance to certain antibiotics;
- Frequent use of antibiotics can lead to the emergence of an over-resistant strain of Staphylococcus aureus;
- If the antibacterial agent is incorrectly selected, the effect is reversed: the infection is amplified and spread through the circulatory system throughout the body;
- Unqualified therapy leads to a number of serious complications: purulent skin lesion, osteomyelitis, endocarditis, intestinal intoxication, staphylococcal sepsis, meningitis.
Treatment is prescribed only after a survey to understand which strain of bacteria is causing a health impact and what medicine will be able to overcome it.The most commonly prescribed sulfonamide or antibacterial drugs that are suitable for the patient individually.
For bacterial destruction antibacterial agents are used:
In addition to the above, doctors prescribe the following systemic medications :
- Immunomodulators that are designed to increase the body's overall resistance( Tactivin, Poludan, Immunoriks);
- Antiallergenic agents designed to relieve swelling( Ziretek, Tavegil, Diazolin);
- Vitamin complexes with the addition of a mineral component( Alphabet, Supradin, etc.).
Dosage and course of treatment can be prescribed only by the attending physician, from self-medication of such a serious infection is categorically refused.