Hyperemia of the skin: treatment, causes, symptoms, prognosis
Redness of the skin due to the influx of excess blood to it is called hyperemia.This condition is not a normal skin condition, however it is not considered a disease transmitted through contacts.The greatest discomfort of skin hyperemia is from the aesthetic point of view: excessive redness of the skin, manifested in a limited place or on a significant area of the skin, does not look very attractive and requires medical correction to eliminate the causes that caused this condition.
Hyperemia of the skin is often accompanied by such external and subjective manifestations as a feeling of heat on the skin area, where there is hyperemia, some tingling and sometimes itching.This is due to an active influx of blood to the skin, its increased circulation and an increase in the temperature of the skin.In the people, this condition is often called fullness, which reflects the essence of the disease.We will tell you today what is hyperemia of the facial skin, show photos of people with it, give useful advice on
What is skin hyperemia
Increased blood flow to a specific area of the skin manifests itself in disorders in the total blood flow.This can be noted due to certain diseases that cause deterioration of blood circulation in the organ or system. For example, with cirrhosis of the liver, when there is an increased proliferation of connective tissue, a pronounced stagnation of venous blood begins, which causes a general malfunction in blood circulation processes, deterioration of supply of the affected organ with oxygen and nutrients.
The most common skin hyperemia is observed in the female half, and the age when this condition is diagnosed is later than 40 years.However, there are cases when hyperemia occurs in men, regardless of age, as well as in children.In childhood, hyperemia is not often detected and is rather hereditary.
Next we will tell you about how the hyperemia of the skin of the face, eyelids, arms, legs, feet, what are its symptoms and treatment, show photos of patients.
Depending on the cause and location of localization of active movement and blood flow, this condition can be classified, which facilitates the diagnosis and attribution of the detected condition to a specific species.This is necessary to determine the scheme of therapeutic effect, which in the shortest possible time will eliminate a similar skin condition, and the effect is not only on external symptoms, but also on the causes that caused hyperemia.
The classification of the considered condition is carried out as follows:
- Arterial hyperemia , which arises when the arterial circulation is activated.In this case, the skin temperature is raised in a limited place, its color changes and becomes more saturated, red.This type of pathological condition of the skin is noted with a sharp narrowing of the vessels or when there is a high tone of the vasodilator nerves responsible for the condition of the walls of the vessels.
- Venous hyperemia , which occurs due to worsening and stagnation of venous blood.This variety is characterized by a pronounced weakening of the venous blood flow, which can be diagnosed as a result of disorders in the work of the heart.In exceptional cases, a complete stop of the venous circulation is possible, which is fraught with an increase in the permeability of the walls of the vessels, an increase in their fragility and a high probability of skin edema.With prolonged venous stasis, there is a high risk of a significant decrease in the quality of the functioning of the affected organ, its gradual atrophy and death.With venous stasis, an overgrowth of the connective tissue is often noted( for example, with cirrhosis of the liver, when the deterioration of the tissues of the organ occurs with congestion of venous blood).
- Separately, we should mention generalized form of this pathology , in which there are manifestations of a venous type of hyperemia with a greater degree of deterioration of the skin condition and a pronounced negative effect on the affected skin.This species is especially dangerous, as external manifestations such as swelling of the skin, loss of its sensitivity and a significant deterioration in the functioning of the affected organ or part of the skin are noted.
How to identify it
Detection of a condition such as skin hyperemia is simple enough, since this pathological condition has a number of characteristic external manifestations.Diagnosis of hyperemia is performed by a dermatologist on the basis of both an external examination of the skin and subjective sensations of the patient.Knowledge of the symptoms of hyperemia and its characteristic manifestations allows us to detect pathological changes in the skin in a timely manner, to prevent deterioration and to begin the necessary action to stabilize the patient's condition.
This will not only solve the problems of the aesthetic plan that causes skin hyperemia, but also prevent a generalized process and the gradual atrophy of the organ or skin.
The most characteristic external manifestations of hyperemia include such symptoms as:
- reddening of the skin area;
- sensation of heat in the affected area;
- itchy skin is possible in the arterial version of the pathology, since there is a very active influx of arterial blood to the skin;
- is highly likely to increase the lumen of the vessels, but this sign may not be noticeable, especially at the initial stages of the lesion.
An increase in the rate of venous or arterial blood flow should be considered a latent manifestation of pathology, which negatively affects the general condition of the patient, overexposure to tissues and organs.Expansion of the lumen of the blood vessels is fraught with the appearance of venous "stars" on the skin, increased fragility of the vessels with frequent bruising and bruising even with minor mechanical effects.
About what disorders may indicate skin hyperemia in a newborn, child and adult, read below.
What are the symptoms of the
symptom? This manifestation, like skin hyperemia, can become the initial manifestation of a number of pathological conditions of internal organs and systems.For example, the venous variety often indicates the likely development of liver diseases( in particular, cirrhosis), in which the circulatory process of the organ worsens, the degree of tissue supply to oxygen entering the arterial blood decreases, and active growth of connective tissue is noted.
Hyperemia is also noted in the following conditions of the body:
- intoxication of the body, which can occur with active treatment with medications, alcoholic beverages( especially hyperaemia of the face after drinking alcohol);
- initial stage of febrile process;
- increased nervous excitability, in which even small bursts of emotion cause the appearance of red spots on the skin.Such a manifestation is often temporary, and when soothing spots most often disappear without a trace;
- acetonemia, which can be caused by poisoning with strong chemical or household poisons.
Often the appearance of skin hyperemia is accompanied by an excessively high blood hemoglobin index, in the case of erythrocytosis.
Redness of the skin that occurs with hyperemia is also noted in the inflammatory processes in the skin, with frequent appearance of acne and boils, especially with their deep course, as well as in the initial stages of many skin lesions: psoriasis, erythema, erosion, dermatitis.
Hyperemia can occur with inflammatory process in the joints.This sign helps to identify the initial stages of arthrosis and arthritis, which is important for stopping the pathological process in the bone system.Even gastric disorders can be accompanied by the appearance of red spots on the skin in the cheeks and face.