It is included in the group "pyoderma."The ingestion of microorganisms inside is facilitated by:
Sycosis: forms, symptoms, prevention, treatment, complications, prognosis
Inflammation, which affects hair bulbs and passes in two forms( acute, chronic), is known in the medical community as sycosis.This disease often affects the dermis in the presence of neuroendocrine disorders in the patient, because under their influence the sensitivity of the follicles changes markedly.More often than not, experts observe a lesion of the dermis that occurs on the mustache, beard.
Initially, the disease is similar to superficial folliculitis.In the course of this disease, relapses are often observed.It flows very sharply in the beginning.
Features of the disease
This pathology often affects the dermis of men, because it is more susceptible to injuries in the stronger sex( shaving, abrasions).Women are less worried about the disease.
Areas with sycosis are located on some areas of the body:
- upper lip;
- septum inside the nose, inner surfaces of the nose.
The video below discusses vulgar sycosis:
Classification of sycosis
Dermatologists identified such d
- Ordinary .This species is included in the "pyoderma" group.
- Parasitic .It is represented by a subspecies of trichophytosis, and more specifically, its infiltrative-suppurative form.This form of sycosis is acute, relapses are absent.It can be cured independently, because during its course the immunity is included in the struggle.
In a separate form, dermatologists distinguish lupoid sycosis.It is represented by a very rare form of staphylococcal folliculitis.It is characterized by a very sluggish, wavy current.On the dermis formed a few pustules, areas with atrophy, stable baldness.
- chronic rhinitis.With it, loosening of the dermis over the upper lip occurs.During the blowing, the mucus is embedded in the epithelium, inside which there is a lot of staphylococcal flora;
- endocrine diseases;
- microtrauma, cuts.Through them bacteria quickly penetrate;
- trauma to the nasal mucosa.It is possible with the removal of hairs by tweezers;
- disorders of the nervous system;
- chronic conjunctivitis.This disease precedes the sycosis of the eyelids.
- The appearance of sycosis is indicated by the appearance of superficial follicles.These abscesses are grouped in the similarity of discs.With their growth, the inflammatory process involves new healthy areas of the epithelium that are adjacent to the affected area.So the disease captures large areas of the epithelium.
- The initial manifestation of sycosis is considered to be shallow follicles, which occur suddenly, then disappear.Over time, there is a relapse of folliculitis, then it acquires a protracted character.The defeat of the follicle extends deeper.
- If you touch the affected area, you feel pain, the patient appears hypersensitivity.With sycosis, the dermis is inflamed, edematous, hyperemic.On it appears a lot of abscesses with a bright red, compacted base.
- Desiccation of purulent pustules occurs very quickly, with out of them purulent contents flow out.On the skin is formed a crust of dirty yellow, greenish color.Drying the crusts will disappear, but because of the development of the disease, they again appear.If the crust is removed, beneath them a sore, wet surface will appear.
- The disease seizes over time the healthy parts of the epidermis.The main focus of the lesion grows, single elements of impetigo join it.Inflammatory infiltrate grows because the inflammation continues, new follicular pustules are constantly being formed.
The following manifestations of the disease are also of concern:
- occasionally hyperthermia;
- With the development of parasitic sycosis, the infiltration zone is not as pronounced as in the usual form of the disease.Relapses are very rare, the disease itself is acute.Because of the development of the immune system, this form of sycosis is characterized by self-healing.
- When developing the lupoid form of the disease, the pustule appears a little.After recovery, the patient may have atrophied areas on the dermis, alopecia.The defeat affects not only the mustache, the beard, but also the darkness, the whiskey.With the development of the disease there is a grouping of follicular nodules, pustules, the formation of crusts of light yellow color.Near the inflamed follicle there are scales of gray color, they can be removed easily by combing.
- Fusing, pustules and crusts form plaques on the skin, their diameter reaches 3 cm. These formations of bright red color are formed on a compacted base.When the disease develops, the blanching of the plaque begins, which starts from its center and is directed to the edge.The epidermis becomes thinned, smooth, and new pustules are not formed on it.
- Sometimes on the plaques can remain bundles of hairs.No new pustules appear on them.By this sign it is easy to distinguish such forms of sycosis as lupoid, vulgar.On the periphery, the area of the infiltrate is small( up to 1 cm), noticeably a slight elevation of the skin, its hyperemia.Follicular papules in the zone of peripheral infiltrate are many, but there is very little pustules, they are often observed in the center.
- Lupoid form of the disease can take a very long time( for years).During this time there are exacerbations that are not explained in any way, as well as incomplete remissions.The patient does not feel unpleasant, painful sensations.An exception is the development of the disease on the scalp.Pain in this case is explained by the proximity of the aponeurosis, anatomical features of the epithelium of the head.
The symptomatic of sycosis will be told by this video:
The disease is very easy to identify with an external examination of the dermis.The only thing that can be useful for specialists is differentiated diagnostics.Dermatologists will need to establish exactly the type of lesion( lupoid, parasitic, vulgar).
In order to confirm / exclude the presence of mycotic flora, specialists prescribe microscopy.The patient will also need to pass a bacterial culture that will help establish the sensitivity of the pathogen of sycosis to drugs with an antimicrobial effect.
About whether the sycosis is subject to beards, nasal arches, nostrils, etc.Treatment of traditional and folk remedies, we will tell below.
It takes a long time to completely cure sycosis.Therapy, which is carried out by specialists such as dermatologist, mycologist, lasts a long time.It involves the use of antibiotics, antibacterial ointments.
- Orally, intramuscularly, a specialist can prescribe antibacterial agents.
- External antimycotic ointments are prescribed externally.
So to combat sycosis use:
- Preparations of iron.They prevent disorders of the nervous system.
- Diamond green solution.
- Diet therapy.It involves the rejection of salty foods, alcohol, spices, spicy food.
- Lotion with disinfectants.
If the disease worsens, disinfectant lotions are prescribed to treat the affected areas.For their carrying out use "Boric acid", "Potassium permanganate".These procedures are necessary for softening purulent crusts, preventing re-seeding.
Also for the treatment of affected areas, the solutions of the following aniline dyes are prescribed:
- methyl blue;
- diamond green.
The epidermis area around the sycosis is treated with iodine solutions.After the inflammation has been successfully reduced, therapy of the affected areas begins with:
- glucocorticosteroid hormones;
- ointment, in which sintomycin is present;
- paints Castellani;
In the treatment of this disease, such physiotherapeutic procedures are very effective:
- Laser treatment.
It is recommended to remove the hairs by means of tweezers on the affected area.
Next, you will learn about the treatment of sycosis with ointments and about the regimen of antibiotic treatment.
By medicamentous method
Antibiotics are necessary in the treatment of sycosis.Specialists recommend:
- "Gentamicin Ointment".
- "Synthomycin ointment".
Sometimes specialists can recommend staphylococcal vaccine, autohemotransfusion.
Prevention of the disease
The following are considered to be the most effective preventive measures:
- Accuracy when shaving;
- Compliance with personal hygiene;
- Timely, correct treatment of injured skin with antiseptics;
- Timely treatment of diseases that can provoke the appearance of sycosis( conjunctivitis, rhinitis).
Eczematization is considered a very dangerous complication of sycosis.This pathology is very common.To the underlying disease, with its inflammatory process, such symptoms as: wetness, itching, are added.
Also, the disease is sometimes complicated by the appearance of impetigo, the formation of boils on the facial epithelium.
With timely, persistent, properly prescribed therapy, the disease recedes, there is a complete recovery of the patient.
In the video below Elena Malysheva will tell even more useful information about sycosis: