Skin granuloma: causes, treatment, symptoms, diagnosis
Granulomatosis is a whole group of dermatological diseases.On the skin, the granuloma is an infiltrate, limited to a small hearth.This infiltrate includes fibroblasts, epithelioid cells, eosinophils, lymphocytes, multinucleated cells.So, let's find out what kind of disease, granuloma, is it possible for her to treat granulomas with folk remedies or antibiotics.
What is granuloma skin
Granulomatous inflammation provokes various disorders in the immune field.A special role here is played by local cellular immunity, which reacts pathologically to the irritating factor.The exact mechanism of occurrence is not clear until now, but if the granuloma develops against the background of the inflammatory process, then the cause is the accumulation of the pathogen.Phagocytes do not have time to digest it.
Pro removal granuloma cheek tells the video below:
Classify granulomatosis difficult even for professionals.It is important to take into account not only the stage and form of the diseas
granuloma pyogenic skin type( photo)
According to Epstein
Epstein divides them according to the etiological factor:
- is infectious;
- developing after injury;
- appearing under the influence of a foreign body;
- not associated with tissue damage.
According to Kaufman and Strukovovu
Two Russian scientists Kaufman and Strukov offered granuloma divided into 3 types, which include several subtypes.
- The first group includes histological forms( lesions with necrosis, multinucleated cells, etc.).
- The second group includes pathogenesis( non-immune, immune granulomas).And
- And in the third disease is divided by etiology( medicamentous, unidentified, infectious, etc.).
By Johnson and Hirsch
more classification includes such features as the presence of necrotic and purulent processes in the presence of certain tissue cells and their severity, the types of pathogens.All of these morphological features are divided into 4 categories of disease, and they were withdrawn by Johnson and Hirsch:
- histiocytic or sarcoid granulomas has a unique feature: the accumulation of polynuclear cells and histiocytes in the infiltrate.Fibroplasts and lymphocytes surround such neoplasms, which prevents their fusion.They are located only around, they do not meet inside.Appear this form of the disease is capable of both in sarcoidosis, and after a normal tattoo.
- Tuberculoid granulomas accompany not only tuberculosis, but also other pathologies of infectious nature.These include rhinosclerosis, syphilis, actinomycosis.The tubercle itself consists of Pirogov-Langhans cells, as well as from multinucleated giant and epithelioid cells.Infiltration is extensive.
- Necrobiotic .They develop after lipoid necrobiosis, lymphogranuloma, or with an annular granuloma.Sometimes this form of the disease provokes profound changes in the vessels.If this is how the body reacts to a foreign body, then macrophages accumulate around it.
- A mixed type of may include several etiologies or features typical of other forms of granulomatosis.
Additionally secrete several kinds of granuloma:
- migrans subcutaneous,
- odontogenic subcutaneous,
- umbilicus( in neonates),
About the symptoms and the causes of the formation( formation) of granulomas in an adult and a child we will tell you further.
How to identify
It is not always possible to determine granuloma by yourself.It is usually concentrated in the dermis region, and on the surface of the skin the tubercle may not be so noticeable.On the epidermis there are symptoms usually in the presence of a foreign body, when the cyst breaks, which provokes a multiple granulomatous reaction.
- In the presence of sarcoidosis, up to 30% of the body can be covered with papules.If they are small and have a violet hue, this indicates the development of a subacute stage.Typical localization is the forehead, eyelids, cheekbones, folds near the nose and mouth.If the disease is chronic, then the tubercles become plaques.Rarely, but still there can sometimes be changes in the mucosa, ichthyosis, hypopigmentation, alopecia, subcutaneous nodes or hyperpigmentation.The acute form of sarcoidosis is manifested by more extensive granulomas and in 80% of cases it lasts about 2 years.
- The ring-shaped granuloma has a special form of dermal papules - they form semirings or rings.Detect such neoplasms more often on feet and hands.All this is accompanied by the formation of subcutaneous nodes, erythema.
In half the cases patients suffer from itching.If the rash focuses on the face, then a prolonged course is characteristic.
Granulomatosis can be formed by the following types of pathogens:
- Foreign bodies exogenous: syphilis, zirconium, hair, silicon, talc, starch, filament in seams, aluminum, parts of insects, tattoo pigment.
- Infectious agents: cryptococcosis, fungi, sporotrichosis, chromomycosis, histoplasmosis, candidiasis, blastomycosis.
- Foreign bodies endogenous: defeat by plants, sebum, calcium, leishmaniasis, cholesterol, calcium.
- Other diseases( sarcoidosis, Crohn's disease, rheumatoid nodules, etc.).
Allergies, rheumatism, diabetes mellitus and a number of other endocrinological disorders can become a predisposing factor.
Granuloma can occur as a result of sexual diseases, as described by Elena Malysheva in the video below:
How to deal with
The granuloma itself does not in any way affect internal organs and does not provoke not only diseases, But even the dysfunction of the body's systems does not cause. So, the treatment of face granuloma is directed solely at combating the cosmetic defect.This form, moreover, tends to manifest periodically, so much attention is paid to the prevention of relapse.
The treatment includes a wide range of physiotherapeutic procedures:
- PUVA therapy,
- demarcations, ASD5ASASD
- laser therapy,
Corticosteroids are administered individually as injections or ointments.Among other medications, the basis of therapy is:
- Ointment Dermovate.
Therapy should begin at the earliest stage, as it is long-term.In severe cases, you have to spend 2 to 3 years to get rid of the disease.
In addition, measures are necessarily taken to treat the underlying disease if it is clear and accurately diagnosed. The prescriptions here are purely individual, but it is useful for almost all patients to take additional funds that improve microcirculation.This is mainly due to vitamins.
How the granuloma is removed from the finger, will tell the video below: