Instructions for the use of drops Polidexa with phenylephrine: reviews, analogs
Various pathologies of ENT organs occur quite often.To cope with serious ailments, you need to contact the doctor in a timely manner.The specialist will select the appropriate drugs.Sometimes you can not do without an effective means of polydex.This preparation is made in the form of drops for the ears and a spray for the nose.
Composition, form, package
For local therapy of the nose, a nasal form is shown equipped with a tip for introducing fluid.The medicine is released in a plastic dark bottle.
Amount of the product - 15 ml.The bottle is placed in a cardboard box in blue.Ear drops are placed in dark vials of 10.5 ml.
This preparation has antimicrobial properties and can be used for disinfection.With it, you can quickly stop inflammation.
The ear drops and nose spray are almost identical in composition.The only difference is the presence in the nasal agent of a special ingredient - phenylephrine. This component narrows the vessels.
The rest of the ingredients include the following:
- Neomycin - is an antibacterial substance that destroys aerobic microorganisms.Exceptions are only pneumococci and streptococci.Also this substance successfully destroys anaerobic microbes - Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.It copes with the E. coli.However, this ingredient is not affected by other anaerobes.
- Polymyxin - increases the effectiveness of neomycin.This tool helps to cope with bacteria that provoke purulent consequences of otolaryngological pathologies.It is polymyxin that significantly expands the scope of the agent.
- Dexamethasone is a hormone that stops inflammation.That is why the drug is effective in diseases that cause severe swelling and a reaction to allergenic substances.
Form release droplets Polydex as the packaging looks like:
The medicine was developed by the French laboratory "BUSCHARA-RECORD".
Indications for use
Indications for the use of a nasal agent are:
- Infectious inflammation - in particular, purulent rhinitis or sinusitis;
- sinusitis, which was the result of prolonged intubation with the nasotracheal method in children;
- chronic adenoiditis;
- therapy and prevention of complications after surgery in the nasal cavity and sinuses.
Ear drops are commonly used to combat inflammation of the hearing organ.The following are referred to indications:
- otitis, which is not accompanied by a lesion of the membrane;
- is an eczema of the ears, which has an infectious etiology;
- ear infection.
The drug is prohibited in such situations:
- lesions of the kidneys, which are characterized by albuminuria;
- administration of MAO inhibitors;
- closed angle glaucoma;
- up to 2.5 years;
- intolerant constituents of the drug.
Mechanism of action
The substance has antibacterial properties and copes well with inflammation.The nasal spray also narrows the vessels.Thanks to the above features, the agent is actively used for local treatment of ENT organs.
Combination of antibiotics increases the scope of the agent.The drug is effective against most of the gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria that cause inflammation of the infectious etiology.
If the patient has not damaged the membrane, the drug does not enter the bloodstream, and therefore does not have systemic effects on the body.
Instructions for the use of Polydex drops
A nasal substance including phenylephrine is used by injecting the drug into each nasal opening.In this case, turning the bottle is not recommended.The daily volume is selected by age.Children under 2.5 years of age are not prescribed a drug.At 2.5-15 years of age, one dose is prescribed three times a day.Adults are allowed to use the medication up to 5 times a day.
Therapy usually lasts 5-10 days.It is not advisable to increase the duration of the drug, because the person develops addiction or side effects.
With the introduction of ear drops, the dosage and duration of treatment are selected individually.It is recommended to inject the product into the ears in a warm form, therefore the bottle needs to be held in the hand for a while.
Adult patients are shown 1-5 drops.The agent should be dripped into the ear canal twice a day.Treatment lasts 6-10 days.Children after 2.5 years are allowed to use 1-2 drops.Bury means is in the morning and in the evening.
After administration of the drug, it is recommended that you bend slightly in the other direction.This will help prevent the outflow of medication.
Drug instruction for Polydex in our video:
Side effects of
Polidexes in the form of a nasal agent are cautiously prescribed to elderly people and children.This is due to the fact that phenylephrine is able to provoke dry mucosa.As a result, there is discomfort, burning and build up of the edema of the nose.
Very rarely, the drug provokes allergies.It manifests itself in the form of dry mucous, rashes on the skin, sensation of itching.
Because the drug hardly penetrates into the systemic bloodstream, the risk of overdose is low.
To avoid undesirable health effects, it is necessary to take into account such characteristics:
- substance is not prescribed to people with kidney disease;
- extremely carefully prescribe the drug in the presence of hypertension, ischemia and hyperthyroidism;
- means it is not recommended to wash the nasal sinuses;
- the composition of the drug includes ingredients that can give a positive result when performing a doping test in athletes.
Polidex can not be combined with other aminoglycoside antibiotics.These include amikacin, monomycin, etc.Such combinations are capable of provoking ears and vestibular system lesions.
Spray containing phenylephrine can not be used with medications such as bromocriptine and guanethidine.This combination can lead to a stroke.In addition, there is a threat of hypertensive crisis.It is also forbidden to use monoamine oxidase blockers.As a result, there is a possibility of pressure fluctuations.
Since there is dexamethasone in the polydex, it is not combined with erythromycin and bepridilom.Do not use with pentamidine and vincamine.Such combinations increase the damage to the heart and blood vessels.
It is not necessary to combine a long time a medicine with such means:
- means for elimination of an arrhythmia - brethilium, quinidine;
- salicylates, including acetylsalicylic acid;
- is a live vaccine against tuberculosis and poliomyelitis.
Reviews about drops
Reviews of patients and doctors who used polidex confirm the high effectiveness of this tool.The drug is well tolerated by patients and almost does not provoke side effects.
The substance can be purchased at a pharmacy.Spray for the nose costs about 260 rubles.Drops for the ears will cost a bit cheaper - their price is about 215 rubles.
Analogs include ear drops containing antibiotics and anti-inflammatory ingredients.These include such drugs as maxitrol, anauran.The substance for the nose of the isophra also has a antibiotic-aminoglycoside - scramicetine sulfate.
Analogues to drops of Polydex
It's hard to find cheaper analogues.Approximately the same cost as poldeksa, have such means as nasobek and isofra.Among the ear drops it is necessary to isolate the preparation of otofa.The cost of these funds is about 200 rubles.
Synonyms of medication
This category includes such tools as maxitrol and non-index.They, like polidex, include neomycin, polymyxin and dexamethasone.
Conditions for dispensing from pharmacies
The medicine is sold by prescription.
Storage and expiration date
Polydex is an effective preparation for the nose and ears.He is actively prescribed for local therapy of ENT organs. Because the composition contains antibiotics and hormones, the drug can be used solely by the order of the otolaryngologist.