Epstein-Barr virus: symptomatology and treatment with folk remedies, analyzes
Specialists have revealed that the herpes virus can be of five types( among them: normal, genital, shingles, chicken pox, etc.).Each species has its own peculiarities of manifestation and the degree of danger to human health.Epstein-Barr virus is referred to the fourth type, its symptoms and treatment will be considered by us today.
Features of the disease
Variety of the virus is one of the most common.It is known that most often the acquisition of the virus occurs in childhood.According to statistics, half of the child population had an infection and had antibodies in the blood.
In adulthood, the virus covers the remaining fifty percent of the population, and virtually every person under some circumstances came into contact with an infected patient and also suffered a disease.
The disease often occurs secretly, and may also have symptoms of a cold. The manifestation inherent in this diagnosis: an increase in lymph nodes. Features that distinguish the course of the disease in different population g
On peculiarities of Epstein-Barr virus tells Dr. Komarovsky in this video:
diseases caused by viruses, have a variety of forms of manifestation.Classification of the disease according to different signs:
- activity phase can be:
- signs indicating when the infection occurred:
- acquired form,
- infection in the womb;
- The disease is caused by:
- only by the Epstein-Barr virus,
- in combination with other viruses, for example, cytomegalovirus;
- manifestation form:
- causes organ disease,
- aspect expressing the duration of the disease:
- acute form,
- prolonged disease;
- by severity of development:
- average severity,
- light form.
contracted the virus is possible under the circumstances:
- baby can get the virus from the mother in utero,
- transmission of the virus is possible atKisses with ailing person,
- and also through personal hygiene items,
- by transfusion of blood from an infected donor.
symptoms of Epstein-Barr virus in children and adults
people infected with the virus, may not experience any discomfort, you have a disease in this case is asymptomatic. The most frequent manifestation of a virus is infectious mononucleosis. Symptoms of the disease are similar to the symptoms of colds.
- sleep disturbance,
- temperature can be increased,
- weak state of health,
- pain in the muscles,
- lymph nodes increased,
- abdominal pain,
- may be nausea,
- sometimes - herpes,
- assays can reveal:
- rarely seen an increase:
- of the spleen,
- of the liver.
About the symptoms you already know, and about the tests for the Epstein-Barr virus in children and adults and its treatment read below.
Specialist examines the patient, listens to complaints.For an accurate diagnosis, laboratory tests are carried out.The presence of infection with the virus is determined by such actions:
- DNA diagnostics. Because the herpesvirus of the fourth type is DNA-containing, its definition is possible using the method of searching for its DNA.For this, biological material is collected:
- biopsy, isolated from internal organs,
- samples taken from the mucosa of the respiratory tract,
- cerebrospinal fluid.
- Biochemical blood test. The presence of enzymes and certain proteins, the presence of which in the blood gives information about the infection of the body by the virus, is determined.
- Investigate the blood for a general analysis. The result of the study shows whether there are any dangerous abnormalities in the rates that correspond to the healthy state of the body.
- Immunoassay is being performed. The method involves determining the state of interferon production, assessing the ability to create immunoglobulins, and other parameters.
- Serological reactions. This analysis uses the enzyme immunoassay method, which makes it possible to determine the presence of antibodies to the Epstein-Barr virus.The study is able to answer the question of how long the infection has occurred, and at what stage the process is.
- If the analysis determines the presence of antibodies of IgG class, then experts conclude that the infection was some time ago, the stage of exacerbation has passed.
- IgM-type antibodies testify to the active process of fighting the organism with infection.This may be a primary infection or the onset of an exacerbation phase.
How to treat the Epstein-Barr virus in children and adults, this video will tell:
Measures for care are the same as for other types of the virus.If the virus is in a latent state, then the treatment is not carried out.
Important actions in viral diseases are the maintenance of immunity.
- Special therapeutic measures are performed if the virus has initiated a co-morbid condition.
- It turns out that the medical care necessary for the manifestation of a particular disease, in accordance with the accepted methods.
- After the multiplication of the virus can be stopped, the patient is advised to undergo a sanatorium course.
The medicinal treatment of the Epstein-Barr virus in children and adults is discussed below.
If it is necessary to weaken the effect of the virus, then conventional drugs are used for herpes infection:
In the chronic course of the disease, it was effectively demonstrated:
- preparations of interferon,
- analogues of thymic hormones.
For a virus of the fourth type( including the first and fifth types), a method of fighting at the genetic level was developed.It has already shown its effectiveness.
- In a cell on a portion of the DNA, a molecule of NRK is built in, which enables the immune system to recognize the viral DNA.The mechanism involves cutting viral DNA.
- One cut significantly reduces the level of infection of healthy cells( 2 times).This method achieves complete removal of the virus if two cuts are made.
Prophylaxis of the disease
For activities that can to some extent prevent the disease, include:
- personal hygiene:
- frequent hand washing, especially before meals and after visiting public places,
- not to use other people's hygiene items;
- increase of the body's defenses:
- a well-chosen diet,
- healthy daily routine,
- exception from habitual actions such that harm,
- useful physical activity,
- exception of stressful situations.
The virus at each stage of its stay has a composition with respect to the protein, which differs and does not repeat.In this regard, there are difficulties with the creation of the vaccine.Specialists conduct tests and work to resolve the problem.
The consequences of infection depend on the body's defenses.The virus may initiate such diseases:
- nasopharyngeal cancer,
- infectious mononucleosis,
- Burkitt's lymphoma,
- Hairy leukopenia,
- rashes on the skin and mucous membranes,
- disease Kikuchi,
- non-HodgkinLymphomas ,
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome,
- multiple sclerosis,
- chronic fatigue,
- herpetic tonsillitis,
The state of the immune system and genetic predisposition will depend on how serious the consequences of the transferred infection will be to the patient. It is important not to trigger the activation of the virus. In childhood, it must be ensured that the child who has undergone an infectious mononucleosis is not given routine vaccinations.
After the transfer of the acute manifestation of the disease, the development of events is possible in three variants:
- the virus continues to be in the body, being inactive,
- recovered the patient( in the DNA of the virus it is detected in B-lymphocytes very rarely - isolated cases).
- infection is in the body in a chronic form, continuously or periodically causing a relapse.
On what the Epstein-Barr Virus is dangerous, the video will be described below: