Peritol: composition, instructions for use, price, reviews, analogues
The drug called "Peritol", possessing antihistamine properties, perfectly copes with allergic reactions, including dermal.The drug is also prescribed for many other dermatological problems.Not knowing exactly the principle of its action, you should not engage in self-medication.The medicine has serious contraindications.
Features of the preparation
Peritol is characterized by antihistamine, antiserotonin, sedative effect.
In pharmacies, you can buy Peritol in the form of syrup or tablets.
- The syrup is sold in 100ml glass vials with a dark glass.The medicine has a pleasant taste and aroma of fruit.The color of the syrup is orange, transparent.Each bottle has an individual cardboard package.
- Tablets white color odorless are packaged in blisters of 10 pieces.Each tablet has an engraved inscription "PERITOL".Blisters are sold in individual cardboard packages.
Photo of Peritol
Composition of Peritol
The main active ingredient of Peritol is cyproheptadine hydrochloride
|Product form||active substance||Additional components|
|Tablets( 1 pc)||Cyproheptadine in the form of a hydrochloride - 4 mg||Talc, gelatin, potato starch, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate|
|Syrup( in 1 ml)||Cyproheptadine in the form of hydrochloride - 0.4 mg||Ethanol, sorbic acid, sucrose, ice ukAcid, sodium hydroxide, purified water, Sunset yellow color, Tutti-Frutti flavor|
The cost of the drug in different regions and on different Internet resources varies greatly.According to different data Peritol can be bought at the following prices:
- Tablets ( 20 pills) - 1500 to 2400 rubles
- Syrup ( 100 ml bottle) - from 3500 to 4000 rubles
Peritol weakens the manifestation of allergic reactions, and also warns them. In addition, it removes skin itching, has a sedative and antiexudative effect, helps to cope with anorexia and gain weight.
The active substance of this drug hydrochloride cyproheptadine adversely affects the mediators of the allergy - serotonin, histamine, acetylcholine.Whether this substance is able to penetrate the placenta and excrete with mother's milk is not clear.
The active substance is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract for a short time.Within a couple of hours after ingestion, the maximum level of the drug in the plasma is reached.The therapeutic effect lasts about 6 hours.
The drug has an extensive range of distribution in various human systems and organs.His traces can be found even in the central nervous system.
The metabolism of the active substance occurs directly in the liver.About 20% of the drug is excreted from the body through the intestine, the rest - with the help of kidneys.The effect of the active substance is greatly reduced if the patient has problems with the kidneys.
Peritol is prescribed if necessary to cope with the following diseases:
- urticaria( acute or chronic)
- vasomotor rhinitis
- serum sickness
- different dermatitis species( contact, eczema, atopic)
- allergic reaction to the sting
- with angioedema edema
- neurodermatitis idiopathic or neural anorexia
- by migraines
- by body exhaustion caused by a chronic disease orBorne infection
Instructions for use
Peritol is administered orally. The dosage and duration of treatment depends on the diagnosis and age of the patient.
Usually, patients are prescribed tablets or syrup three times a day for 4 mg.The maximum limit of the permissible daily dose for an adult is 32 mg.
- For the treatment of chronic urticaria Peritol is prescribed for oral administration three times a day for 2 mg.
- To cope with the acute migraine , the patient is prescribed a single dose at a dosage of 4 mg.If the state remains unchanged for half an hour, then the medication should be repeated.Within 6 hours, the total dose of the drug should not be more than 8 mg.
For children and newborns
Children under 2 years of age Peritol in tablets is not prescribed.Starting from the age of two, the daily dosage of tablets is as follows:
- age category 2 - 3 years - 0.25 mg / kg
- age category 3 - 7 years - 4 to 6 mg
- age category 7 -14 years - 8 to 12 mg
Syrup for children can be given at the rate of 0.4 mg of the drug per kg of weight, it is:
- from 2 to 7 years - once a day for 5-10 ml
- with8 to 14 years - up to 3 times a day for 10 ml
Syrup is not prescribed for infants until 6 months.
In pregnancy and lactation
Pregnant women and lactating mothers Peritol is not prescribed.
For weight gain
- For girls and women with prescribed diagnosis of "Anorexia", tablets of Peritol are prescribed three times a day for 1 pc.
- In children's anorexia, the daily rate of 6-8 mg is also broken down into three doses.
reception Peritol contraindicated following patient categories:
- hypersensitive to components
- preparation with prostatic hyperplasia
- with narrow-angle glaucoma
- suffering from renal insufficiency
- with kidney disease, in which there is ischuria
- with edematous
- in women during pregnancy
- in women during lactation
- agechildren up to 6 months for the syrup and 2 years for the tablets
- receiving MAO inhibitors
Possible unwanted effects:
|organs and body systems||Adverse reactions|
|Gastrointestinal tract||Sensation of dryness in the oral cavity, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting|
|Cardiovascular system||Disorders of hematopoiesis, haemostasis,dtsebienie, hemolytic anemia|
|Allergic reactions||photosensitivity rash, angioedema, anaphylactic shock|
|sense organs and the CNS||Anxiety, weakness, hallucinations, dizziness, headache|
- Elderly and children should be given special care, as these categories of patients are prone to undesirable side effects.
- With care, you need to take Peritol and people who are diagnosed with hypertension, bronchial asthma, and there is an excess of the norm of hormones produced by the thyroid gland.
- The drug is not recommended if you need to get behind the wheel of the car or work with complex mechanisms.
- The drug is not compatible with alcohol.
Interaction with other medications
Undesirable effects occur with the concomitant administration of Peritol with certain medicines:
- Simultaneous reception with fluoxetine or other preparations of similar effect reduces the effectiveness of the latter.
- The level of Peritol on CNS is reduced by interaction with Caffeine and Phenamine.
- The patient's condition should be carefully monitored if medications depressing the central nervous system are taken concomitantly with Peritol.
- The overwhelming effect of Peritol on the CNS is enhanced by interaction with MAO inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants.
- Patients treated with Peritol generally respond positively.It is noted that the therapeutic effect is achieved by observing the treatment regimen and dosage of the drug.Deviation from the appointment of a doctor most often causes unwanted side effects.
- If Peritol is assigned for weight gain, you should adjust your daily menu at the same time.It should include easily digestible foods with a high level of caloric content.
- Self-medication not only does not give the desired result, but also causes a lot of health problems.
Peritol does not belong to the category of cheap medicines.Analogues of the drug have a lower cost.Among them:
- Loratadin( average price for tablets - 15 rubles, for syrup - 160 rubles)
- Dramina( average price -150 rubles)
- Erius( average price for tablets - 550 rubles, for syrup - 720 rubles)
- Ketotifen( average price - 70 rubles)
- Claritin( average price for tablets - 300 rubles, for syrup - 300 rubles)
- Diazolin( average price - 40 rubles)
- Gistafen( average price - 550 rubles)
- Fenkarol( average price - 200 rubles)
- Telfast( the average price depending on the dosage is 440 - 640 rubles)
- Dimedrol( average price - 4 rubles)
About Peritol in this video will tell a specialist: