Ebastin: composition, instructions for use, price, reviews, analogues
Allergy is a common problem faced by a huge number of people every day.Ten years ago, the need to take medicine, fighting with manifestations of increased activity of immunity, caused serious discomfort.But modern tablets from allergies are easily transferred do not cause lethargy, drowsiness and other undesirable reactions due to their composition.
The active substance ebastine, which is part of the drugs with antihistamine action, has enabled pharmacological manufacturers to create effective and safe medicines.
Features of the drug
Ebastin( Ebastin) - a substance that copes with the manifestations of immunity activity. It has no effect on a person's psychomotor reactions, so ebastine can be seen as a major component in modern drugs.
Ebastin is a part of the tablet preparations, for example, it is an active ingredient in the Kestin drug.Tablets can be purchased without a prescription from a doctor.
In addition to ebastin, Kestin contains auxiliary substances tha
- magnesium stearate - a substance that acts as an emulsifier;
- lactose monohydrate - tablet filler;
- croscarmellose sodium is a component that allows ebastin to dissolve after ingestion into the digestive system;
- hypromellose - universal filler for medicines;
- titanium dioxide is a substance for bleaching a tablet.
The cost of tablets like Kestin depends on the dosage and the number of tablets:
- 10 mg( 5 pcs.) - The cost is about 240 rubles;
- 20 mg( 10 pcs.) - the cost is about 520 rubles.
Ebastin is an antihistamine, or, in other words, an antiallergic substance.
After using ebastin, the effect is achieved after approximately one hour, with ebastine remaining in the blood for up to 48 hours. If the tablets with ebastin were used for a course longer than 5 days, the time for complete removal of ebastin from the blood is at least three days, during which the effect continues to have a positive effect on the body.
Like any medication that deals with allergies, the substance of ebastine works by three mechanisms of action:
- smooth muscles relax, thereby eliminating itching;
- are blocked by H-1 receptors, therefore the concentration of histamine that causes allergies;
- permeability of blood vessels is reduced, which allows to eliminate puffiness.
The substance is mainly excreted with urine, within a maximum of three days.If the liver or kidney function is reduced, this period may be increased.
Indications for the use of drugs, the component of which is ebastin, is the pathological response of the immune system to a certain irritant, which is perceived by the body as potentially dangerous:
Thermal, dermographic, cold urticaria also often require the use of ebastin.
Instructions for use
Before taking the drug with ebastin, you need to read its instructions.
The standard dosage is 1 tablet, which is taken once a day.Given that Kestin exists in 2 dosages - 10 and 20 mg, before taking the remedy, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Babies and newborns
Neonates and children under the age of 15 can not take Kestin and any drugs with ebastin.
During pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and feeding the baby with breast milk, you can not take the drug, which contains ebastine.
The advantage of ebastin is its good tolerability. The list of contraindications is only three factors:
- sensitivity to the components of the medication;
- lactation period.
Side effects of
The most common complaint that patients make with signs of allergy with medication with ebastin is a headache.Thirst and digestive disorders are less common.
As a rule, Kestin is well tolerated by the body.If there are undesirable reactions, there is a reason to reduce dosage.
- Patients with CKD( chronic kidney disease) or liver disease affecting its functionality should consult with a physician before using ebastin and monitor renal and hepatic samples with the help of laboratory analysis during therapy.
- Ebastin does not affect the psychomotor functions of the brain, so during the treatment period you can drive.
- It is important to know that during the course of receiving ebastin, skin allergic tests can not be performed: the results of the study will be distorted.
Interaction with other medicines and alcohol
There are two types of drug that can not be taken concurrently with ebastin:
- Ketoconazole or Ketoconazole is an antifungal agent for oral and external use;
- Erythromycin or Erythromycin is an antibiotic.
Studies to determine the compatibility of ebastin with theophylline, cimetidine, diazepam and anticoagulants have shown good compatibility. The use of alcohol during treatment with ebastin does not affect the efficacy of the drug, nor the severity of side effects.
The effectiveness of the drug is not only in relation to urticaria and allergic rhinitis or conjunctivitis, but also with insect bites that provoke swelling and itching.
Analogues of ebastin, a substance that struggles with allergies.
- Claricens( Russia) - 100 rubles;
- Telfast( USA) - 530 rubles;
- Claridol( India) - 80 rubles;
- Claritin( Belgium) - 300 rubles;
- Kloratadin( Russia) - 160 rubles.
- Histafen( USA) - 700 rubles;
- Feksadin( India) - 350 rubles;
- Fexophast( India) - 220 rubles.
- Diazolin( Russia) - 50 rubles.
4. Cyproheptadine hydrochloride sesquihydrate:
- Peritol( Hungary) - 85 rubles.
- Dramina( Croatia) - 180 rubles.
Thus, each buyer has the opportunity to select a medicine based on their financial capabilities.