Triamcinolone: instructions for use, price, reviews, analogs, composition
Autoimmune pathologies - a problem whose relevance in modern medicine comes to the fore.The consequences of the pathological activity of immunity, when antibodies kill not antigens, blood, but own cells, cause serious changes in the systems.Including, these processes often affect the area of dermatology.
Therefore, the search for drugs that can reduce the activity of the nervous system to normal, while causing a minimal manifestation of serious undesirable effects.
Features of the drug
Triamcinolonum( Triamcinolonum) is a pharmacological substance related to glucocorticosteroids, that is, substances that can inhibit the activity of immunity by providing an anti-inflammatory and antihistamine effect. Triamcinolone is not an independent medicine, it is an active component of pharmaceuticals.In the pharmacy, triamcinolone can be found under the trade names: Kenalog, Fluorocort, Polcortolone.
Triamcinolone is originally a crystallized powder that is highly soluble in alcohol.It is
- tablets( Polcortolone, Triamcinolone, Berlikort);
- formulation for injection( Kenalog);
- ointment( Fluorocort, Polcortolone, Triacort);
- aerosol for external use( Azmacort, Polcortolone).
Triamcinolone is one of the components of immunosuppressive agents.The auxiliary substances, based on the drug release form, can be:
- isotonic sodium chloride solution( for injection);
- starch, magnesium stearate, lactose( for tablets).
The cost of the drug with triamcinolone varies depending on the country of origin: .
- ointment Fluorocort( Germany) in tuba 15 grams - 290 rubles;
- ointment( cream) Triacort( Russia) in a tube 10 grams - 110 rubles;
- ampoules Kenalog( Slovenia) 5 pieces of 40 ml - 550 rubles;
- tablets Kenalog( Slovenia) 50 tablets - 300 rubles;
- aerosol Polcortolone( Poland) 30 ml - 450 rubles.
Pharmacological action of Triamcinolone
Triamcinolone has three main effects for internal use and external use: anti-inflammatory, immunosuppressive, antihistamine.
- After entering the blood, triamcinolone causes an increase in lipocrine, which reduces the activity of phospholipase A2.This causes the effect of suppression of a high level of harmful tissue activity of the immune system.
- The anti-inflammatory and antihistaminic effect is due to a decrease in the permeability of cell membranes due to their stabilization.
- However, triamcinolone provokes a delay in sodium( salts) and water in the body, which is the cause of most of the undesirable effects on the background of drug treatment.Also, during the therapy, the number of erythrocytes and the provocation of vegetative excitability are fixed.
The time to remove the substance from the body is from two days to 6 weeks - the difference is justified by different methods of introducing the drug into the body.The longest period of triamcinolone in the tissues is fixed when injected into the joint cavity.
Therapeutic effect is manifested after 1-2 hours when taken orally, and after 1-2 days with intramuscular injection.Duration of elimination of half the dose of the substance is five hours.The half-life may vary depending on the rate of filtration by the glomeruli of the blood.
In dermatology, triamcinolone can be used in diseases:
- erythema - an inflammation characterized by reddening of the epidermis due to the influx of blood to the capillaries;
- dermatitis of any etiology and severity;
- localized skin itching;
- psoriasis is a dermatological disease with proven autoaggressive factor occurrence.
Triamcinolone is effective against autoimmune diseases, neoplasms and inflammations caused by viruses and bacteria.So, it is used for pyoderma, acute hydradenitis, pemphigus( exfoliative, acantholytic, vulgar) and dermographic urticaria.
Instruction for use
The prescribing scheme is assigned by the physician based on the diagnosis and the degree of symptoms of .The most effective way of taking glucocorticosteroids is the method, according to which the patient is given the maximum dosage, and then gradually decreases over a period of several weeks. Thus, it is possible to avoid the withdrawal syndrome and provide a persistent therapeutic effect.
- When taking triamcinolone in the form of tablets, treatment begins with a dosage of 4-40 mg, and then every 7 days the dose drops no more than 2 mg.
- Means in the form of ointment or aerosol are applied to the epidermis by a thin even layer at the site of tissue damage according to the instructions.
- The introduction of the substance into the blood is injected as part of the pulse therapy: the treatment method, when the course starts with an infusion of high doses followed by a smooth reduction in dosage until the drug is completely withdrawn.
- The introduction of a solution of triamcinolone into the joint occurs every 4-6 weeks until the symptoms of inflammation disappear completely.
For children and newborns
Children under the age of six can not use the drug.In other cases, the remedy is prescribed in the dosage determined by the attending physician.
In pregnancy and lactation
The time of fetal bearing and breastfeeding is an absolute contraindication to the appointment of a triamcinolone by a physician.
Triamcinolone can not be categorically accepted in any form of release for factors:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- age under 6 years;
- is an allergy to the components of the medication.
Oral administration of triamcinolone is not recommended for:
- stomach ulcer;
- reduced blood filtration by the kidneys;
Side effects of
The high efficiency of triamcinolone is accompanied by a number of undesirable actions.Producers of glucocorticosteroids assure that, if the recommended dose is observed, no pathological effects can arise.But in practice, people who take long-course immunosuppressants say the following manifestation of discomfort:
- insomnia, irritability or, conversely, depression;
- secondary infections, that is, during a decrease in immunity the body becomes susceptible to viruses and bacteria, so even an ordinary cold can take more severe and continue with somatic complications;
- increased blood pressure due to increased concentration of salts and water retention in the body - in the bloodstream;
- Itzenko-Cushing syndrome, in which the swelling accumulates mainly in the lower part of the face;
- dry skin;
- disruption of calcium metabolism and tooth decay;
There are studies showing that taking glucocorticosteroids, including triamcinolone, may be accompanied by a lesser manifestation of adverse symptoms if taken early in the morning. At the same time, you should not drink tablets on an empty stomach: before eating you need to have breakfast with food that envelops the stomach mucosa, like oatmeal or natural jelly.
Interaction with other medicines and alcohol
- Triamcinolone reduces the effectiveness of diuretics, insulin( pancreatic hormone), somatotropin( pituitary hormone), hypoglycemic agents.
- With the simultaneous use of non-steroidal drugs, cytostatics and other glucocorticosteroids, the number of side effects of both drugs is increasing.
- There is no research on the interaction of triamcinolone with ethanol, but doctors recommend refraining from taking alcohol-containing drinks throughout the course.
Pharmacological products with triamcinolone are evaluated by patients as effective agents that cope well with rheumatic pains, dermatological inflammations and autoimmune diseases.But at the same time, all patients note the severity of side effects: mainly, the formation of edema and fatigue.
In addition to triamcinolone, there are other glucocorticosteroids, with a similar mechanism of action and a list of indications:
- Methylprednisolone - Metizred( 200 rubles), Lemod( 450 rubles);
- prednisolone - prednisol( 50 rubles), prednisolone( 110 rubles);
- fluticasone - Quitaveit( 440 rubles), Sinoflurin( 500 rubles);
- beclomethasone - Clenil( 850 rubles);
- hydrocortisone - Hydrocortisone( 28 rubles), Laticort( 130 rubles).
However, it is not recommended to choose the type of glucocorticosteroids independently, even drugs within one group can be replaced by a patient with an analogue with the same basic substance, but at a more affordable price, only after consulting with the medic.Sometimes they also replace such a drug with the help of Elidel.
About the glucocorticosteroids and personal experience of their use the girl from this video will be told: