Causes of dark brown urine in men, women, children and the elderly
Urine is the most important indicator of human health.By its color, experts judge the state of health in general and individual bodies in particular.It happens that the urine acquires a brown or tea color, which does not always indicate a pathology.Brown
- what does this mean?
Minor change in the shade of urine is not considered dangerous, because in the morning hours urine is often dark due to the high content of urochrome.And if a person drinks a lot of liquid, then his urine acquires a bright yellow hue.But there are situations where a change in the shade of urine indicates serious health problems.
Causes of darkening of urine can be different - from consumed foods to medications taken.But the picture is much more dangerous for those who observe such changes in connection with renal pathologies.By their own ignorance, they write off them for innocuous reasons.
Factors that can cause a change in the color of urine can be many.Starting from the products and ending with a serious pa
thology of the kidneys.
In general, the reason for changing the color of urine to dark brown can be:
- Deficiency of fluid - because of it the concentration of urochrome in the body increases;
- Medication administration - Salol, Neftol, some laxatives change the shade of urine;
- Hyperexpiration caused by climate change or physical stress;
- Consumption of substandard products containing dyes;
- Jaundice - the process of excretion of enzymes, which both stain urine;
- Prostatic pathology;
- Renal-hepatic pathologies of an inflammatory nature - such changes often arise due to impurities of blood or pus caused by the disease;
- Genitourinary diseases;
- Female diseases.
Explanation why urine has become dark brown may be the use of certain products that contain pigmented substances.Brown urine can become after the use of rhubarb or beef, legumes like peas, soybeans or beans, etc. In addition, darken the color of urine and beverages with dyes, for example, Coca-Cola or strong tea, etc. Orange same shade of urine can get ifIn the diet will be a large number of persimmons, carrots or oranges.
The urine that gives a saturation to the color of urine is water-soluble, so when using a lot of fluid, the urine becomes very light, and in the morning, because of the high concentration of urochrome, it is too dark.If a person takes certain medications, then their urine may also darken.
For prevention of diseases and treatment of kidneys, our readers advise the monastery collection of Father George.It consists of 16 useful medicinal herbs, which have an extremely high efficiency in the purification of the kidneys, in the treatment of kidney diseases, diseases of the urinary tract, and in the purification of the body as a whole. Read more »
- Antimicrobials such as Metronidazole, Furadonin, Rifampicin, etc.;
- Preparations based on aloe
- Quinine medicines such as Chloroquine or Primachin, Delagil, etc.;
- Carbolic acid preparations - Creosote, Naftol, Salol or Phenol;
- Slimming preparations containing cascara or senna extract;
- Vitamin preparations such as ascorbic acid or B-group vitamins.
Such manifestations do not mean that a particular medication is not suitable for a patient, so they do not need to be replaced. Drugs that color urine in brown
It is much more dangerous if the color change of urine occurs due to various pathologies:
- Severe renal lesions like urolithiasis, when calculi injure tissues, causing the appearance of blood in the urine.If there are tumor processes or polycystosis, the urine becomes brown, resembling meat slops;
- Kidney disease, in which a large number of different pigments like bilirubin are released into the urine.A similar phenomenon is observed with jaundice;
- Pathologies of an inflammatory nature such as urethritis or cystitis, glomerulonephritis or pyelonephritis can also lead to a change in the color of urine;
- High concentration of bilirubin is observed with hemolytic anemia;
- In addition, the change in urine is observed in cirrhosis, hemochromatosis, vasculitis and collagenosis, tyrosinemia and autoimmune pathologies, as well as oncopathology in the liver and pancreas.
Darkening of urine under certain circumstances can be observed in children.Like the adult population, the child's urine shade is influenced by food and drinks consumed.If the crumb has eaten beets, carrots, rhubarb or blueberries, then the pigment stains from these products will necessarily stain the urine in a dark brown or orange color.
Affects the shade of urine and dehydration, medication, intestinal infections and dyspeptic disorders, unrestrained vomiting or diarrhea.If urine changes are accompanied by hyperthermia and pain, then they are referred to pathological signs indicating the development of a disease, for example, pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis, etc.
At weak sex brown color of urine can be observed in the periodPregnancy, when the patient is worried about severe toxicosis, which causes severe dehydration caused by vomiting.
In addition, female urine acquires darker shades due to various gynecological pathologies of water:
- Cervical tumors;
- Uterine fibroids;
- Diseases of venereal origin;
- Nonspecific inflammations of the female genital area.
If the drinking regime and diet are changed, and urine is still dark, then it is necessary to undergo a survey.
The male half of humanity can undergo changes in the shades of urine for various reasons.Dehydration or pathology, food or drink - all this can affect the male urine.If such a symptom is provoked by a disease, then there are signs that it is easier to identify the underlying pathology.Usually, in men, darkening of urine is accompanied by nausea, hyperthermia, soreness in the abdomen, painful or unpleasant urination.
The cause of this symptomatic complex can be pathologies like:
- Prostatitis.With such a disease stagnation in the gland is observed, which causes the release of red blood cells into the urine.This is what causes it to darken;
- Inflammation of the vas deferens, testicles or prostate;
- Traumatic injuries of testicles, appendages, etc.
In the male half, the change in the shades of urine can have both pathological and physiological character.With the pathological nature of such a symptom, additional symptoms such as hyperthermia and nausea, painful and unpleasant urination, abdominal pain, etc. are also observed. In this case, an urgent consultation of a specialist is necessary.
In the elderly,
In an elderly person, urine brown can be explained by a prostatic adenoma, concrements in the bladder or kidneys, excessive physical overload or urogenital infections.
In some cases, if you combine a change in the color of urine with certain symptoms, you should immediately contact a specialist.
- If urine of dark brown color is accompanied by intense lumbar pains or painful urination, swelling and fever, this often indicates kidney pathologies;
- If darkening of urine is accompanied by diarrhea or vomiting, this further aggravates the situation, dehydrating the body.A similar pattern is often observed in acute intestinal pathologies;
- Another dangerous combination that requires immediate specialist intervention is dark urine combined with difficulty urinating, painful sensations in the testicles, especially if the testicles recently were injured.
Reason for seeking medical attention
Any changes in the urine require attention from the patient.If they are triggered by loss of fluid or certain foods, then if the diet is changed and the drinking regime is sufficient, the urine color will be restored.If the changes are observed for several days and do not go on for a long time, or worse, they are supplemented with painful sensations in the abdomen or lower back, then immediately seek the help of a urologist or nephrologist.
The doctor will conduct the appropriate diagnostic measures, assign the necessary tests and studies such as biochemical and general analysis, urine samples, blood tests, etc. Most often, pathological causes are associated with renal pathologies and diseases of the female / male reproductive system, so treatment is aimed at eliminating these factors.If urine has changed due to tumor processes, the predictions for treatment depend on the degree of malignancy of education and the timeliness of contacting a doctor.