Dry seborrhea: diagnosis, symptoms, causes, methods of treatment
Dry seborrhea( not to be confused with mixed and fatty) is a separate type of skin disease, which develops as a result of weak activity of the sebaceous glands.
Features of the disease
Dry seborrhea is a separate type of skin disease that develops as a result of the weak activity of the sebaceous glands.
With the development of this pathology, the production of sebum continues, only its consistency becomes more viscous.Because of the increased viscosity of the secretion, its passage through the gland ducts is greatly hampered.
The causes of dry seborrhea of the scalp will be described by the specialist in the video below:
Most often this kind of seborrhea appears in childhood, it infects mature people much less often.There is a dry form of seborrhoea under the influence of various reasons:
- age features;
- exposure to atmospheric factors;
- improper care for skin.
One of the main causes of dry seborrhea is a decrease in immunity, which can be caused by intense stresses( phy
- Malassezia Furfur;
- Pityrosporum Ovale.
These fungi are constantly present on the skin of a person.The secret of the sebaceous glands is necessary for them to provide vital activity.With a decrease in the barrier function of the skin due to unfavorable conditions, the fungi multiply.Normally, a healthy person on the scalp has about 30-50% of the above fungi.In the presence of dandruff, the patient shows about 75% of fungi, and in the most severe cases - about 90%.
In patients with dry seborrhea, there is a decrease in salofission. The most common symptom of the disease is small dandruff. It also has such symptoms:
- skin cracking;
- sensation of "tightness" of the skin;
- delamination of cracked epithelium;
- thinning hair;
- loss by natural shine hair;
- hair is dry, brittle, their tips are split;
- emotional disorders;
- hair loss( characterized by severe form).
Diagnosis of oily seborrhea consists in the following procedures:
- Collecting by the treating doctor of an anamnesis.
- Detection of possible risk factors for the manifestation of the disease.
- Blood delivery for biochemical analysis.Blood donation to hormones.
- Study of the general condition of hair, dermis.
- ultrasound of the thyroid gland, peritoneal organs( in some cases).
If you suspect a dry form of seborrhea, you should consult these doctors:
Next, you will learn how to get rid of dry seborrhea on your head.
Treatment of dry seborrhea
To get rid of dry seborrhea it is necessary to carry out a complex treatment that consists of:
- local treatment;
- vitamin therapy;
- improved scalp care;
- application of antifungal shampoos for the treatment of dry seborrhea of the scalp.
Let's find out how to treat dry head seborrhea.
For the therapy of a dry form of seborrhoea, doctors use the following methods:
- Hormone therapy.It is used mainly in the development of severe forms of the disease.
- The use of drugs, the main effect of which is aimed at restoring the functioning of the autonomic nervous system.
- Use of vitamin D, E, A, B.
- Application of sulfur preparations, zinc.Preparations with zinc are necessary for therapy of neglected forms of dry seborrhea.
- Increased immunity( treatment of all detected diseases in the body).
- Physiotherapy, which involves the passage of such procedures as: mesotherapy, massage, phytotherapy, cryotherapy, ultraviolet irradiation, ozone therapy.This method of treatment is necessary to improve blood microcirculation.
For ointments and other remedies for dry seborrhea on the head, read further in the article.
Treatment of a dry form of seborrhea by a medicamentous method involves the acceptance of such drug groups:
- hormonal preparations;
- preparations based on sulfur;
- preparations based on zinc;
- antifungal drugs;
- antibacterial agents;
- anti-inflammatory drugs.
Especially effective in the treatment of dry seborrhea is sulfuric ointment( 10%).It is necessary to rub this product into the skin for eight days.
In the video below the doctor will talk about the medical treatment of dry and oily seborrhea:
As for the diet, the patient must strictly observe it.He needs more use of such products:
You should also limit the use of:
- fatty foods;
- animal fats;
- salty foods;
- of spicy dishes;
- canned food.
For treatment of folk remedies for dry seborrhoea of the face and scalp, read below.
Traditional methods of treatment
Traditional methods of treatment are aimed at filling the lack of fat for the skin, hair. Most often, for this purpose, rubbing oils, creams with an oily base are used. This approach allows to compensate to a certain extent the lack of fat, and also significantly increases the duration of contact of medicinal preparations with the epithelium.
- You need to rub the remedies with light movements.Intensive rubbing leads to the fact that the hair breaks, pulled out.Soft, thorough movements should rub oils, cream for 15 minutes.
- The amount of oil for rubbing should be taken a little.The excess of this drug accelerates the contamination of the hair, disrupts the thermoregulation of the skin, hampers the process of sweating.
For therapeutic purposes, for dry seborrhea, use oil extracts from such medicinal plants:
- marshmallows medicinal;
- burdock is large;
- three-color violet;
- flax seeds;
- the poplar is black;
- sea-buckthorn buckthorn.
Also very effective are the rubbing of such medicines:
- gruel, prepared from crushed kernels of hazelnut;
- oil infusion from the seeds of the drug althea;
- oil infusion made from poplar black( kidney);
- oil of burdock;
- sea buckthorn + olive oil;
- Vegetable oil + lemon juice.
You can make a wrapping of the scalp by means of a yellow-and-oil mixture.The head with dry seborrhea is recommended to be washed with herbal infusions from the husks of onions, coltsfoot, oregano. The main thing is that a patient with dry seborrhea should not have an allergic reaction to a certain medicinal plant.
Prevention of disease
The essence of prevention is the proper care of the skin, hair.If the skin is problematic, they need to be closely monitored, courted, and used by special cosmetics( for dry skin).
Also as a preventive agent it is desirable to take mineral complexes, multivitamins:
To avoid the development of dry seborrhea, you must follow simple rules:
- Avoid stressful situations.
- More time to spend in the open air.
- Wash your hair, taking into account the degree of contamination.
- Strengthen the body's immune system.
- It's good to eat.
The most unpleasant consequences of the development of dry form of seborrhea is premature hair loss, small dandruff.
Hair loss, death of hair bulbs provoke the onset of alopecia.
Therefore, do not forget to follow the recommendations of a doctor and follow a diet.
With timely detection of the disease, as well as its comprehensive treatment can overcome the disease in a short time with minimal costs.If dry seborrhea is started, such a dangerous complication as baldness can develop.
On folk remedies for combating seborrhea, the video below will be told: