Allergic dermatitis in adults and children: symptoms and treatment, diet, causes
To such a disease as allergic contact dermatitis must be treated carefully, it should not be ignored, so as not to provoke the occurrence of complications.The first manifestations of it in children, adults are often left without attention.
It is a pathological process that affects many body systems.About the symptoms, causes and treatment of allergic contact dermatitis in children and adults with useful photos you will be told this article.
Features of the disease
This disease is registered in countries with differing climatic conditions. This type of dermatitis is not contagious. Contact dermatitis is the response of the body to the effect of a particular stimulus.Do not notice swelling on the epithelium, peeling, redness is impossible.In patients, there is a significant decrease in the quality of life due to burning, unbearable itching, painful sensations.
Pathological processes can be activated under the influence of various substances, artificial materials.The problem is that it is almost impos
sible to protect yourself against such factors, so the disease is more common among the population.The risk of getting allergic dermatitis increases due to weakened immunity, the management of an incorrect lifestyle, and the existence of a hereditary predisposition.
The peculiarity of this disease in children is its long flow, the emergence of a periodic eruption on the epithelium, itching.Initially, this kind of dermatitis acts as a reaction to the newly introduced food product( fruits, eggs, berries, cereals, fish, soy).Allergic reaction of the body to the allergen is manifested after 10-14 days.If the influencing factor is too aggressive( a chemical substance), the first symptoms may appear after 7-8 days.
Allergic type dermatitis in children will be told this video:
Types and forms of contact allergic dermatitis
Allergic contact dermatitis is represented by such forms.
In this form, the patient has the following stages of development:
Allergic dermatitis( photo)
It is characterized by such stages of development:
She is characterized by a manifestation of a patient's symptoms of intoxication, which are usually manifested in headache, fever, weakness, chills.This inflammation can be localized in any part of the dermis.
All depends on the place of contact with the allergen.Professional allergens cause a reaction more often on the palms, hands, fingers.Metals cause a reaction in the place of direct contact with the dermis.
Allergen initially enters the bloodstream, where it comes into contact with blood proteins.These newly formed compounds are the trigger mechanism of allergy.
Most often in the role of allergens are:
- Plants .They contain in their stems, leaves, fat-soluble substances that sensitize the dermis upon contact.Active allergens are present in such plants: poison ivy, tulip, chrysanthemum, poisonous sumac, primrose, citrus, oak.An allergic reaction triggers juice, pollen, and smoke from burning.Substances that secrete plants can act as photosensitizers.They can cause sun dermatitis.
- Cosmetic products, perfumes .They have a huge number of components that cause a reaction to the epithelium in men, women( they also have symmetrical dysmenorrheal dermatitis).
- Paints .The strongest allergen used in the manufacture of paints is dinitrochlorobenzene.Allergic dermatitis can provoke many dyes used for the coloring of tissues, skin, various products;
- Formalin .This remedy is often used in medicine, in various industries.
- Metals .Common allergens are the salts of nickel, chromium.These metals are often used in the manufacture of jewelry, watches, frames for glasses, bracelets, scissors, hairpins, dentures.Less often allergic manifestations provoke such metals: copper, cobalt, uranium, iron, mercury, cadmium, beryllium, platinum.Very rarely there can be reactions to aluminum, silver.
- Polymers( natural, artificial) .They often act as the cause of the manifestation of occupational( contact-allergic) dermatitis.In everyday life, allergic manifestations are found only occasionally.
- Medicinal preparations .Allergic reactions can occur on antibiotics, vitamin B12, sulfamide drugs, aminophylline, administered intravenously.
Very often allergic contact dermatitis acts as a occupational disease.The high-risk group includes:
- honey workers;
People of these specialties often come into contact with substances that are considered to be strong allergens( carbon compounds, nickel, epoxy resins, formaldehyde, thiurams).
How to find the cause of allergic dermatitis, Dr. Komarovsky will tell in the video below:
The following signs indicate the onset of allergic contact dermatitis:
- swelling of the site affected by the allergen;
- occurrence of papules, blisters;
- thickening of the epithelium;
- peeling of the dermis;
- the appearance of cracks;
Lyell's syndrome is considered to be the most severe form of toxemia.This disease has the following symptoms:
- redness on the affected areas of the dermis;
- temperature increase;
- epithelial exfoliation;
The allergen that caused the disease can be determined by localization on the dermis of the lesion.For the calculation of allergens, the use of application skin tests is used.For this purpose, the material is placed on the epidermis, it is kept on the skin for 48-72 hours, the extent of the reaction provoked by the allergen is determined.
The inflammatory process occurs after the application of an allergen to any area of the epithelium.The most convenient from a technical point of view are the following areas:
- the inside of the forearm.
Conducting a test on these parts of the body is the most convenient for patients.The application skin test is carried out in the following sequence:
- The skin is treated with alcohol.
- The test material is applied to the treated epithelium.
- A piece of gauze is superimposed on the test material.
- Gauze is attached with an adhesive plaster.
The standard test system is very convenient to use.On its adhesive basis, a standard set of allergens has already been applied.In Russia, the Allertest system is often used, with the help of which allergic contact dermatitis is diagnosed to 24 allergens.The present allergic reaction is kept on the epithelium for about 3-7 days.
For the diagnosis of allergic contact dermatitis, a differential diagnosis is required.The considered form of dermatitis should be differentiated with such subspecies:
- simple connection.
On how and how to treat contact-allergic dermatitis, we will tell below.
begin treatment with disease should cease contact with the allergen.In some cases, this measure is sufficient to eliminate the allergic reaction.To calculate the cause of the disease should go through allergic tests.
therapeutic and medical way to
order to facilitate the patient's condition specialists prescribe a cure for allergic contact dermatitis in the form of ointments, creams. In their composition must necessarily be present substances exhibiting antifungal, antimicrobial activity. With their help, the patient will get rid of such an unpleasant symptom as an itch.
In the process of treatment of this disease, antihistamines are used:
Laser therapy is very effective.It helps reduce puffiness, treat inflammation, normalize the functioning of the immune system.For the treatment of scales, infrared radiation is used.
The therapy for allergic dermatitis should stick to the diet.It is forbidden to eat foods that have a high allergic activity:
- mayonnaise, sauces;
- whole milk;
Adhering to a diet, you can suspend the development of dermatitis, exclude its relapse.For allergic contact dermatitis and its treatment with folk remedies, read below.
from symptoms of allergic contact dermatitis can get rid of traditional methods, but the start of this therapy should be only after consultation with a specialist.The following methods are effective:
- herbal compresses( with burdock, calendula, melissa, horsetail);
- herbal infusions( from chamomile, violet, turn, licorice root, currant, viburnum);
- baths( from nettle, chamomile, cornflower, valerian);
- aromatherapy( used
- oil ointment of baby oil, lard;
- sea buckthorn oil
Pro folk remedies for treatment of allergic dermatitis tell the video:.
disease as prevention are the followingmethods:
- Failure of topical medications, which have a high sensitizing ability
- Using PPE epithelium, respiratory.. Ways mucous( overalls, protective creams, gloves)
- Upon detection of the first signs of inflammation in the epidermis should visit dermatologist
K epithelium afflicted with allergic contact dermatitis can join infections causing occurrence:.
- ulcers, which are represented by deep inflammatory defects of the dermis;
- pyoderma, which is represented by a purulent lesion of the epidermis;
- abscesses, phlegmon, which are represented by purulent lesions of the epithelium, subcutaneous adipose tissue.
If an allergic contact dermatitis is detected, the prognosis for life is good, but you should definitely start treating it. After the contact with the allergen has been removed, the patient is completely cured.
Sometimes the development of professional dermatitis requires a change of profession, place of work.