Oily seborrhea: treatment, diagnosis, symptoms, folk remedies, causes
Seborrhea is a disease of the skin, hair.It manifests itself primarily in the violation of the function of the sebaceous glands.If the sebaceous glands produce more secretion of seborrhea is considered oily( mixed and dry are also known separately).A characteristic of oily seborrhea is a change in the composition of sebum and the discomfort caused by this change.
Features of the disease
Skin fat is a specific composition of fats, fatty acids, proteins, it is secreted by the sebaceous glands.This secret plays a significant role in the health of the epithelium.It performs the following functions:
- Prevents the drying of the epidermis.
- Provides emollient, moisturizing effects that are necessary to prevent peeling, cracking of the dermis.
- Has an antibacterial effect.
- Creates a thin protective layer on top of the epithelium.
Children have more sebaceous glands that are in an inactive state( they do not produce a secret).Their activation occurs during puberty.
Fat seborrhea of the scalp( photo
Fat seborrhea has 2 forms: dense and liquid.
This form of the disease is characterized by densification of the scalp, it becomes less elastic than healthy.The patient's hair coarsens, becomes too hard.The mouth of the sebaceous glands with a dense form of seborrhea becomes too wide, and the epidermis takes a greyish-brown color.
Patients develop oily, dense dandruff, which is formed from the secretion of sebaceous glands, exfoliated skin cells.The resulting fatty mass clogs the excretory ducts, sticks to the hair.
If you squeeze the expanded mouth of the hair follicle, secretion from the duct of the sebaceous gland will be revealed, which has a thick, viscous consistency.In some cases, epidermal cysts( atheromas) may form, within which a paste-like fluid is placed.
Atheroma can become inflamed, start to get inflamed.The patient raises the temperature, there is swelling, marked hyperemia of the affected epithelium, pain begins.After opening, the cleansing of the atheroma remains a scar.
More often this form of oily seborrhea affects men of adolescence.Symptoms of the disease go to 25-28 years.This disease does not cause hair loss and can not be the cause of baldness.Elena Malysheva in the video below:
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = 5lBZWBGUY3E The reasons for the appearance of oily seborrhea and its treatment will be described by Elena Malysheva in the video below:
The patient with a liquid form of the disease in question appears unhealthy shine of the hair, they become greasy, have a moist appearance.Bonding of hair in strands starts after a while after washing( the same day).They are covered with a layer of oily dandruff, which has a yellowish tinge and easily scraped off.
Patients are concerned about severe itching of the dermis, in some cases hair can fall out violently.In the most severe cases, the hair is very thin, the patient can completely fly bald.On the epithelium of the head, whitish point formations sometimes appear( sebaceous cysts).
Causes of oily seborrhoea
Seborrhea most often appears in young people who reach puberty.During this period, their hormonal background changes, the body is being reorganized.Secretion of the sebaceous glands is increasing.This disease in adolescents is called physiological.It ends after the end of puberty.
The most significant cause of seborrhea is hormonal disorders, or rather, a change in the ratio of hormones such as androgens, estrogens. Increasing the number of androgens provokes increased sebum formation.
- For the treatment of the head in the oily form of seborrhea, 60% sodium thiosulfate is recommended.Also very effective are alcohol solution of naphthalan oil, sulsen paste, 2% solution of salicylic acid.
- Hair care products should also be used.In the composition of which there are herbal extracts( tea tree oil, birch tar) necessary to combat dandruff.
- Feature in the treatment of seborrhea is nonspecific therapy, which is necessary to strengthen immunity.
- To strengthen the effect of the therapy, it is desirable to change your diet, reduce the intake of carbohydrates, hard fats, increase the intake of plant foods rich in fiber.
About the preparations and products for the treatment of oily seborrhea of the scalp and face, we will describe below.
In the treatment of oily seborrhea, such drugs are used:
- "Lithium succinate".
- "Sulen disulfide".
You should also use shampoos from oily seborrhea:
- "Nizoral"( the active ingredient is ketoconazole).
- "Perhotal"( the active ingredient is ketoconazole).
- "Mycosoril"( the active ingredient is ketoconazole).
- "Zincon"( the active substance is zinc pyrithione).
- "Friederm Zinc"( the active substance is zinc pyrithione).
- "Sebiprox"( the active substance is cyclopyrox).
- "Sulsen"( active ingredient - selenium sulphide)
- "Sebuton"( active ingredient - medical tar)
- "Friederm tar"( active substance - medical tar)
For the treatment of oily seborrhea of the scalpAnd people by folk remedies read below.
In the people for the treatment of oily seborrhea they perform rubbing by infusions of such plants:
- chamomile( inflorescence);
- birch( fresh leaves);
- nettle( leaves);
- aloe( leaves);
- onion( juice)
Prevention of disease
Naturally, the disease is easier to prevent.To reduce the risk of seborrhea requires proper care of hair, skinCover the head.
Wash hair preferably 2-3 times a week( not more often). It is recommended to use medical shampoos, and for rinsing use decoctions of herbs.
The thick form of oily seborrhea can cause some serious complications.
- If you do not start treating the disease in time, you may experience furunculosis, various abscesses that cause pathogens.
- If you do not start adequate therapy for the appearance of liquid seborrhea on the scalp, the patient may experience various abscesses of the epithelium, abscesses that undermine the furuncles of the neck, furuncles, and damage to the hair follicles.These diseases sometimes lead to complete loss of hair.
- Also in oily seborrhea there is a blockage of the glandular ducts of the sebaceous glands.This causes the appearance of acne( acne).The suppurative inflammatory process begins inside the gland.
With timely treatment of fatty seborrhea can be cured in a short time and with minimal financial costs. If the disease is started, provoked the development of complications, the treatment will be delayed for a long time.It will be necessary to cure all accompanying diseases.
Even more about the means for treating oily seborrhea the doctor in the video below will tell: