Oral dermatitis: treatment, diagnosis, symptoms, causes of onset
Skin diseases are considered a very important problem in modern medicine.It is the epithelium that protects the body from the outside world.It is a barrier between important systems, organs and harmful environmental agents.Under the influence of external aggression, there are various dermatological diseases.
One such disease is oral dermatitis on the face, treatment and feedback, the reasons for which we will consider in this article.
Features of the disease
It, oral dermatitis, is a pathological process in which epidermal damage occurs in the form of papular-spotted rashes in such areas of the body:
- around the mouth;
- adjacent areas of the face.
According to statistics, the disease is quite rare.It affects only 1% of the population. At risk are women of 20-40 years of age.
The patient feels physical, aesthetic, psychological discomfort due to redness on the skin, growing irritation, small papules covering large areas of the epithelium.
Of the 1 per cent of patients with oral dermat
The causes of this pathology in children are:
- development of pustular epithelial lesions, in which parents for therapeutic purposes use hormonal ointments;
- presence of an immune imbalance within a growing organism;
- hormonal changes in the body, in which there are violations of the structure of the dermis, its functioning;
- The presence of hypovitaminosis, which occurs as a result of a lack of nutrients.
This form of dermatitis occurs most often in women.They intensively use moisturizing, softening, nourishing creams, medicines that contain fluorinated corticosteroids. Under their influence is the destruction of the structure of collagen, elastin fibers, vascular damage.The result of these processes is the thinning of the epithelium, the formation of erythema, telangiectasia.
In a healthy dermis of each person, conditionally pathogenic microorganisms are present.There are a lot of them, but they do not carry danger.Increased growth of pathogenic flora begins with a decrease in immunity.Inflammatory process on the epidermis begins because of a decrease in its protective functions.
Common causes of oral dermatitis are:
- hormonal crisis;
- application of improperly selected cosmetics;
- presence of chronic foci of infection;
- disturbances in the functioning of such systems: nervous, endocrine;
- increased sensitivity of the epidermis to the components of used cosmetics;
- use of toothpastes( fluorine-containing);
- decrease in bactericidal properties of the epithelium;
- predisposition to allergies;
- long stay under the sun;
- decreased immunity;
- of the gastrointestinal tract.
For more information on what oral dermatitis is, the physician in this video will tell:
This type of dermatitis is developing gradually.It can be hidden for weeks, months.After this period, the erythema( usual redness) appears on the epithelium.Then there are papules, some can reach the size of millet grain.With the development of the disease, the formed papules form large foci called plaques.Around these plaques, new papules are formed.
These processes accompany symptoms such as:
- dry epithelium;
- formation of crusts;
- appearance of a clear boundary between the lips and the near-oblong affected area.
Eruptions, which are the main symptom for this disease, spread to the nasolabial triangle, chin.They are characterized by polymorphism, i.e.Consist of many elements.Papules that appear on redness have a whitish shade.Their diameter is about 2-3 mm.
In order to make an accurate diagnosis, it is necessary to perform a bacussis scraping, the contents of the rashes.These tests are given to isolate microflora from the affected area, determine the pathogen.
Only the dermatologist can specify the diagnosis.It is necessary to conduct a differential diagnosis to distinguish the disease from such inflammatory processes:
- seborrheic dermatitis;
- diffuse neurodermatitis;
- steroid, rosacea;
- allergic contact dermatitis.
The following section will tell you about how and how to treat oral dermatitis on the face and other parts of the body.
To treat this disease quickly, the desired effect, it should be carried out in a complex manner.The duration of therapy is 1.5-2 months.It depends on the severity of the disease.Treatment of oral dermatitis involves the following:
- For the period of exacerbation of the process should abandon the use of cosmetics.This exercise is necessary in order for the epidermis to rest and acquire a new structure.
- It should be categorically refused from using various hormone-containing ointments.If the patient uses such means for the face, it is forbidden to stop using them abruptly.This can cause an exacerbation of the disease.Reducing the frequency of use of such drugs should be done gradually.
- It is recommended to use antihistamines( "Loratadin", "Suprastin", "L-cet").They reduce puffiness.
- A diet with oral dermatitis on the face should be adhered to, which is proper nutrition.It is necessary to exclude spices, smoked products, sharp, fried dishes.The food should contain a large number of vitamins.Recommended vegetable food, cooked in a boiled form.It is recommended to limit the use of products that provoke the development of allergies( mushrooms, carrots, eggs, fish, caviar, soy products).
- The use of antibacterial drugs is shown.The most effective drug was Metronidazole.The duration of therapy with this antibiotic is several weeks.
- It is necessary to perform epithelial treatment with antiseptic solutions( Dekasan, Chlorhexidine).This measure is necessary if secondary infections are likely to be acquired.
- It is necessary to carry out local therapy with ointments that include metronidazole.It is undesirable to use glucocorticoids for local therapy.An exception is the exacerbation of this type of dermatitis in the manifestation of the syndrome of sudden withdrawal.
This complex approach guarantees complete cure of the disease in a short time.
About the ointment and other means of oral dermatitis will tell the doctor in the video below:
For external use, such means are considered effective:
- cream "Skinoren".
- milk "Protopik"( for the face use 0,03%, for the body - 0,1%);
- ointment with metronidazole.
Among the antibiotics, the following are effective:
To eliminate severe itching, burning, use such antihistamines:
Effective in the treatment of oral dermatitis are also:
- physiotherapy.It involves an ice massage with liquid nitrogen;
- vitamin therapy;
- application of soothing agents( with emotional instability).
For treatment of oral dermatitis on the face and other parts of the body with folk remedies with positive responses, read below.
By popular methods this disease is treated quite successfully.If dermatitis is severe, medication is mandatory. Using as a medicine folk recipes should monitor the reaction of the body, the epithelium.If allergic manifestations are found, discontinue use.
In the fight against oral dermatitis, the most effective are the following:
- Aloe vera / Kalanchoe juice.
- Infusion of birch buds, which is prepared from 1 tbsp.L.Kidneys and a glass of water.This drug is drunk, rubs the lesions with dermatitis.
- Strong infusion of such herbs: chamomile, calendula, plantain, string.It is used for rubbing the epithelium.
- Decoction from the bark of oak.It is used for compresses, lotions.Pumpkin flesh with juice.
- A solution of baking soda, which is prepared from 1 tsp.Soda and a glass of water.
- Marine, thermal water is used for frequent irrigation of the dermis.
- Ointments prepared on the basis of tar and sulfur.
- Propolis( 20 gr.) With oil( 80 gr.).The mass is dissolved in the oven, used to lubricate the skin.
Now you know how to cure oral dermatitis on the face and other parts of the body, let's talk about preventing the disease.
Prevention measures are:
- prohibition of the use of corticosteroid ointments, creams;
- compliance with the diet;
- adherence to the rules of personal hygiene;
- restriction on the use of cosmetics containing allergic components;
- using cosmetics with high SPF all year round;
- restrict the use of fluoride-containing toothpastes.
In cases when the disease becomes aggressive, the following complications can occur:
- ulcerative epithelial lesion;
- formation of wetness;
- epithelial irritation.
For this disease, the outlook is conditionally favorable.Effects on the patient's ability to work this pathology does not have.This problem has only a purely psychological side.
On how to distinguish between oral dermatitis and rosacea, the video below will tell you: