Tilotic eczema: treatment, causes of onset, diagnosis, prevention
Tylotic eczema is dermatitis of a neuro-allergic nature( not to be confused with seborrheic), which differs in its main characteristics from true eczema.The disease is characterized by areas with hyperkeratosis, not spreading throughout the body, but affecting only the skin on the palms and feet.The disease lasts for a long time and slowly, so you need to treat it in a complex way.
Features of the disease
The mechanism of the appearance of tylotic eczema is usually associated with the seasons of the year.It is usually provoked by cold, moist air, so it is more likely to suffer from it in winter, and not in summer.However, severe overheating or scuffing also creates a risk of disease.
Subdivides tylotic eczema into acute and chronic.
- Imbalance in the nervous system.The risk of eczema is higher in those who have problems with nervous regulation of the skin, because this leads to peripheral disorders.If the foci of the disease have a more symmetrical character, then it is the dysfunction of the nervous system that plays the greatest role in the development of eczema.
- Chronic infection.Due to constant sensitization the body becomes prone to allergic rashes.Endocrine disorders and hormone imbalance.
- Reduced immunity.
- Congenital features concerning the structure of connective tissue.In this case, the damaged collagen fibers in the skin by the entire immune system are perceived as antigens.This provokes a fight against them, which is what causes eczema.
- Disturbance of metabolic processes.The reasons for such changes are different.
Not only internal processes affect the development of eczema.Tilotic appearance of the disease is provoked by external factors, among which one can distinguish the effect of chemical constituents on the skin, perfume, contacts with certain liquids or metals.Sometimes such a reaction causes even constant friction and other effects that cause irritation of the skin surface.
About the causes of the appearance of tylotic and other types of eczema will tell this video:
The main symptom of eczema tylotic is the localization of the rashes. They are distributed only on the soles and palms.
Symptoms of the disease are slightly different from other types of dermatosis.For example, there are no vesicles, but the skin at the site of the rash is thickened, it can be red and swollen.The stratum corneum grows, so calluses are not uncommon in tylotic eczema.Gradually, painful cracks form, and the surface of the skin becomes rough and dry.
It is already possible to determine eczema from an experienced dermatologist after examination.The list of diagnostic measures is very limited, usually includes laboratory studies and consultations with other specialists to identify the cause of the pathology.
On how to treat horny eczema, we will tell below.
Therapeutic treatments include maintaining an appropriate diet that excludes the possibility of allergies.Since the susceptibility of the organism to various irritating factors is very high, you need to less contact with various chemical agents.
Physiotherapy is widely used at the last stages of healing, which allows to speed up this process considerably.Especially good effect is provided by such procedures as:
- wrap with ozocerite and paraffin,
Preparation of cereals or potatoes should be done without salt, sugar or other condiments.A potato before cooking is best soaked for about 2 days with the condition of regular water changes.There is it can be only when he gets rid of starch.
Gel anti-inflammatory hormonal, but uncontrolled application of the ointment, can lead to the transformation of eczema into bacterial.This is possible with weakened immunity and thin epidermis.
The development of fungal or microbial complications has a poor effect on the prognosis of the disease.
The disease is very prone to relapse, so it requires the patient to self-control and to continuously implement the recommendations for prevention.
The eczema is described by a specialist in the video below: