Analysis of feces for eggs of worms, enterobiasis and protozoan cysts, how to pass on to a child and an adult, what do helminth larvae look like, how to collect, how much is done?
Feces analysis for eggs worm is the most commonly used method used to detect helminths in the intestine of an adult human or child, their larvae and protozoan cysts.It is recommended to take it in cases where there is a suspicion of ascariasis, enterobiasis, hookworm, trichinosis or giardiasis.Also, this method of diagnosis is used as a barrier method for registration in children's institutions, obtaining a certificate in the pool, passing medical examination or before a scheduled hospitalization.Many are interested in the rules for collecting feces for eggs and how long it can be stored.Such knowledge is necessary for any person due to the fact that no one is immune from possible invasion by helminths or protozoa.The purpose of the analysis of feces for egg worm is the detection of parasites localized in the patient's digestive system.The algorithm for taking the biomaterial for the study is simple enough and consists of the following:
- On the eve of the general analysis, a special container or bubble
- The technique of taking stool to identify eggs of worms does not require special dietary preparation;
- Stool feces are taken in the morning, from 6 to 7 hours.At this time, it is necessary to empty the intestine in a clean pot or on a piece of paper, preventing foreign substances and urine from entering the feces;
- Pieces of biomaterial collected from different places are added to the prepared container.The amount of stool required to detect the eggs of the worms should be about half of it;
- For more accurate detection in the material intended for general analysis, the presence of protozoa and their cysts, the container with it must be handed to the laboratory still warm, that is, no later than 15 minutes after sampling;
- To detect larvae of helminths, it can be stored in the refrigerator for one day, then the expiration date will end and the specialist will not be able to correctly decipher the results.
In those patients who are on bed rest in a hospital, the feces are taken to the eggs of worms by the nurse in compliance with the algorithm and training techniques.When you pass the analysis for protozoan cysts, enterobiasis and other helminthiases, it is necessary to take into account the fact that obtaining reliable research results presents a certain complexity.The whole point is that it is possible to detect invasion only in the case when larvae of helminths are found in the biomaterial.Despite the fact that the analysis on enterobiosis and eggs of the worm in an adult human or child is prepared for no more than one day, parasites are not always detected.In order to accurately exclude or confirm their presence in the feces, the study should be repeated several times, with a break of 2-3 days.
In addition to stool for worms, patients with suspected infection with parasites are prescribed scraping from the anal area, which allows them to detect the presence of their eggs.With the help of it you can find pinworms laying eggs in the folds of the anus.Soskob is performed in the laboratory in the morning.Preparation for it is that before taking the analysis the patient is not recommended to wash.
Many people are wondering whether it is necessary to carry out scraping on enterobiasis several times, and after how many days do this procedure repeatedly.It is also often asked a question about how long the result will be valid.Experts say that such a study is conducted 2-3 times with a break in a few days.This allows to achieve the greatest reliability in the detection of helminths.The expiration date of the received data is one month.
How is the feces analysis performed on the eggs of the worm?
Initially, a visual study is used to identify parasites, with the help of which sexually mature worms can be detected.Further, the resulting feces are studied under a microscope.This technique allows for helminth eggs to determine which worms have colonized the intestine of the patient.This is possible due to the fact that they look different in different species.
The feces investigation procedure is performed in several ways.In order to obtain the most valid results, a conventional smear of biomaterial on a slide is not always enough.That's why specialists for this purpose apply the method of enrichment.This method, designed to detect helminths in humans, consists of preparing a concentrated precipitate from a biomaterial deposited to study the biomaterial.With the help of this technique, the process of detecting worms, their larvae and protozoan cysts in the stool is much easier.Preparation of the sediment for the study is as follows:
- From pieces of material handed over for general analysis, take pieces of feces in the size of a pea in the amount of 5-6 pieces;
- They are placed in a test tube and filled with water 15-20 times more volume;
- The resulting solution of stirring with a glass rod, allow the suspension to stand and carefully drain off the liquid top.
A drop of the obtained precipitate, taken from the bottom with a pipette, is placed on a slide.Such smears of stool, intended for detection in it of larvae and eggs of worms, are prepared somewhat.All of them are studied under a microscope.The method of enrichment in detecting helminthiasis is considered more informative than a conventional smear.
Feces analysis for eggs of helminths
This study, as well as scraping for enterobiasis, is conducted in both private and public medical institutions.There you can also get its results.If a person does not have helminthiasis, the analysis of stool will be negative, that is, no eggs of worms are observed in it.But it also happens that such an invasion detection technique gives a false-negative test.That's why the whole algorithm for putting this analysis on helminthiasis needs to be repeated 2-3 times.A positive answer means only one thing: a person has worms.Parasites located in the intestine of the patient can be of several kinds, therefore their eggs, located in stool, look differently:
- In roundworms they are round, brownish or yellow in color, they have an uneven dense shell;
- Eggs of pinworm look in the feces, submitted for analysis, fusiform.They look grayish-white;
- In ribbon worms, bovine or pork chopsticks, the eggs are round in shape, and the inside is visible to the embryo;
- They look oval, transparent in appearance.On both sides they have "caps".
So the eggs of those worms that most often can invade an adult or a child look in the feces.All this can be seen in the photo.Also there are photos on which it is possible to present a complete algorithm for the analysis of helminths in humans.
How do I take the test for egg worms to a child?
This question is of concern to many parents, because children are most susceptible to infection by parasites, especially pinworms that cause enterobiasis.Before you give in, you need to collect it.This is not easy to do, because kids go to the toilet in different ways, and not necessarily in the morning.In small patients it is permissible to take feces for examination in the evening, on the eve of delivery.There are several general collection rules:
- Cal for analysis on eggs of a worm in a child is typed in a pre-prepared clean container.If you can not buy it, you can use a small jar with a tight lid;
- Collect the feces with a special spoon or a clean wand;
- In order to take material, do not use the effects of enemas or purgative candles.Empty the baby himself;
- It is very important that when feces are taken into the stool for testing the worm eggs, the urine does not get caught, so it's necessary to write the crumb beforehand;
- The shelf life of the biomaterial is small enough, so if it is taken in the evening, store it until the morning should only be in the refrigerator.
Properly prepared material is also used in studies conducted for the disgroup.But it should be taken into account that the container in this case should be not just clean, but sterile.Often, parents are asked questions about how much time the feces are analyzed for eggs of the worm, enterobiasis and disgruppe.From the moment the biomaterial is handed over to the laboratory, its results will be ready within a few hours, so the next day the attending physician can explain all the data obtained.
Recommendations for the delivery of feces for eggs of helminths
Babies attending pre-school institutions and adults working in the public catering sector are required to submit this analysis regularly.The material for research can be recruited not only in the morning, but also in the evening hours.This is because the eggs of the worms persist in the stool of a person for a day.Then the following actions should be performed:
- The main thing is that the container for feces must be dry and clean.For the analysis of newborns and infants they are taken from the diaper, and adults need to emptied onto a piece of paper or in a clean pot.In the material intended for the study, there should be no impurities;
- Specialists - parasitologists note that it is necessary to prepare the feces no later than a day before the delivery to the laboratory.Keep it only in a clean container in the refrigerator.The same is true of the analysis of eggs for the worm within a month after its conduct;
- Fresh feces for this diagnosis are collected in an unsealed container, and pre-preparation for the patient is usually not required.In extreme cases, at the discretion of the attending physician, a trial diet can be prescribed, which must be observed within 4-5 days;
- Also one week before the feces are delivered to the eggs, the worm should stop taking antiparasitic or antidiarrhoeic drugs, antibiotics, mineral or castor oils, and preparations containing magnesium and bismuth.In addition, irrigoscopy is not recommended for a week before the diagnosis.